Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

What chance some news today? Read an Express article that does not deserve posting as it has to be rehashed news but they basically say that Tony is speaking to a number of investors - didn't say buyers.

I think that's been obvious since those documents were added to Companies House last week. 2,000,000 shares were created in one of the Villa companies by Tony, so I'd guess he's going to keep 51% and sell the rest for investment, unless there are no takers, in which case his last option will probably be to sell up. I don't buy any of the talk that he's going to asset strip the club to pay the bills.

Just now, Rob182 said:

I don't buy any of the talk that he's going to asset strip the club to pay the bills.

Me neither, but mostly because it doesn't make any sense. I mean he's done the complete opposite of asset stripping since being here, plus if the other account is correct that huge bills are imminent and we will get liquidated by the end of the month - well he won't have time to asset strip. It is at the 'hysterical' end of interpreting what's actually happening - IMHO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Me neither, but mostly because it doesn't make any sense. I mean he's done the complete opposite of asset stripping since being here, plus if the other account is correct that huge bills are imminent and we will get liquidated by the end of the month - well he won't have time to asset strip. It is at the 'hysterical' end of interpreting what's actually happening - IMHO.

Yep. That's what it is. If he sells some land that we own but aren't using, then fair enough. If he renames Villa Park or sells advertisement space on the sleeves of the kit, then fair enough. But I can't see him selling BMH or the Holte Pub or anything extreme like that.

• Like 1

Only news that I've read is that Tony will sell reluctantly if he recoups enough cash. Freund was prepared to table a bid before pulling out. A British consortium led by Southall are interested among others.

It's convenient times for speculation with Villa supporters waiting on news of what's to come and nothing concrete about our situation coming from the club.

Sorry if we are covering old ground with this next question.

Are we any wiser regards the conflict between Wyness and Xia?

Why can't we look at a part-fan-ownership system like in Germany?

I know it gets raised every now and again and dismissed on the grounds of 'it'll never happen' (fan ownership) but there is a precedent for it.

Maybe one wealthy benefactor could stump up the money for 50% of the club and the fans get the other 50% together, it would truly give us our club back and we could set a trend for the UK.

19 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Why can't we look at a part-fan-ownership system like in Germany?

I know it gets raised every now and again and dismissed on the grounds of 'it'll never happen' (fan ownership) but there is a precedent for it.

Maybe one wealthy benefactor could stump up the money for 50% of the club and the fans get the other 50% together, it would truly give us our club back and we could set a trend for the UK.

We'd have 6 managers a year if the fans owned part of the club. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hornso said:

Where does the earlier stories about buying/helping out Lyngby fit in with all this? Why would he be looking to buy another club if he has no money?

Just more pie in the sky bullshit. The man is a delusional twonk.

21 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

All relevant points. 
I'm not sure anyone knows where Xia is or what's happening at the club. Xia, ultimately, is no more of a Villa fan than my cat. He bought a club and gambled (with the odds in his favour) on making it back to the premier league in order to get the TV revenue. His plan has failed and I imagine he has absolutely no contingency plan to fall back on. Keith Wyness knew exactly what was going to happen and whilst being instructed he could bring in the likes of Terry/Grabban, probably knew it was curtains if we didn't go up.

I don't believe there is much to the rumours he is trying to bring in new investment. Who would invest in a club that has debts of 50m+ and not want complete control?  Nonsense. 
The best outcome here is if he puts the club up for sale at £1 and a sensible (reasonably wealthy) person buys the club and takes on the debt. If he thinks he can sell for anywhere near what he bought for then he is even more of an idiot than first thought. 

Our club is in massive trouble - Think Coventry, but worse. You'll hear more over the next few days. 

It won't be worse than Coventry because we have players that will sell for a healthy price which Coventry don't / didn't, we also own our stadium and ground around it and our training ground which again Coventry don't / didn't.

Also Tony Xia has been reported as saying he'll sell as a last resort. The owners at Coventry have no interest in selling them at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I'd prefer to see "Dr." X turfed out of the club permanently. I don't want to see a situation where he sells a percentage of the club but keeps majority control. It's not clear from that tweet if it's a full sale or just new investment. 

Edited by villa89

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I'd prefer to see "Dr." X turfed out of the club permanently. I don't want to see a situation where he sells a percentage of the club but keeps majority control. It's not clear from that tweet if it's a full sale or just new investment. 

In my opinion, "villa89" ;), it's more than likely just investment he's after, because this is why he's created 2 million shares in Villa. There would be no need to create all these shares if his first plan was just to sell up. 

As someone said a few days ago, Howard Hodgson's sudden silence is coinciding with Villa's, so it stands a chance that he's either involved as a potential buyer/ investor, or is at least talking to potential investors in a bid to help the club.

No matter what we all think of Xia, Bruce or Ross bloody McCormack, all Villa fans want the same thing, and that's the best for our club.

What idiot would sink a major cash investment into Villa without even gaining control off the man who almost brought the club to its knees and is likely to do the same with your investment? Sale or nothing I think.

• Like 3

Â