Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

16 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

What idiot would sink a major cash investment into Villa without even gaining control off the man who almost brought the club to its knees and is likely to do the same with your investment? Sale or nothing I think.

We'll wait and see, but if there are any investors, then these 'idiots' will have a lot more money and success in business than me and you.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

What idiot would sink a major cash investment into Villa without even gaining control off the man who almost brought the club to its knees and is likely to do the same with your investment? Sale or nothing I think.

Well given the current situation and desperation of our owner it could be the case that you get good chunk of the club for not a lot of money. Then in the (unlikely) event we get promoted at some time in the future suddenly your investment would be worth 3 or 4 times what you paid for it. I wouldn't put in a penny while  Dr. Dodgy is involved if it was my money.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

agree ....the only possibility is these new investors bring in a CEO of their own.

sale much more likley though

5 hours ago, Jareth said:

Me neither, but mostly because it doesn't make any sense. I mean he's done the complete opposite of asset stripping since being here, plus if the other account is correct that huge bills are imminent and we will get liquidated by the end of the month - well he won't have time to asset strip. It is at the 'hysterical' end of interpreting what's actually happening - IMHO.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, however imo the 'asset' stripping has already taken place. i wouldn't say with any ill intent, however everything we have (excluding VP) has been borrowed against to keep the club running. The only money spent is the parachute payments. I don't believe to this point Xia has spent any of his OWN cash, as he doesn't have any. If you look at Companies House and read the charges against assets, that is FACT. So I appreciate you think its at the 'hysterical end' I'd say we are totally right to be concerned and worried. We're not talking about a shade of claret or a sponsor here, but very real problems keeping the club trading. I don't believe anyone has said 'liquidation' that's very different to 'administration' We can all believe what we wan't I see no benefit is creating camps or labeling others views as 'hysterical'  As you've said a few times, nobody knows for sure...............so there for I'd say it's fair game to be worried or not. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Only news that I've read is that Tony will sell reluctantly if he recoups enough cash. Freund was prepared to table a bid before pulling out. A British consortium led by Southall are interested among others.

It's convenient times for speculation with Villa supporters waiting on news of what's to come and nothing concrete about our situation coming from the club.

Sorry if we are covering old ground with this next question.

Are we any wiser regards the conflict between Wyness and Xia?

The Southall led consortium isn't a thing. Wannabes, but not serious buyers. 

We may never find out what happened re Wyness v Xia. I've only seen the one side of the argument.

3 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Who was the guy who was bought in to sell us? He was excellent, didn’t he want someone else instead of Xia, but Randy wanted Xia? 

Legend has it Merv King and David Bernstein weren't too pleased with the sale process and fell out with Lerner and left. Hollis is the one that massively talked up this sale. Merrill Lynch are the bank that were tasked with finding buyers. 

6 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, however imo the 'asset' stripping has already taken place. i wouldn't say with any ill intent, however everything we have (excluding VP) has been borrowed against to keep the club running. The only money spent is the parachute payments. I don't believe to this point Xia has spent any of his OWN cash, as he doesn't have any. If you look at Companies House and read the charges against assets, that is FACT. So I appreciate you think its at the 'hysterical end' I'd say we are totally right to be concerned and worried. We're not talking about a shade of claret or a sponsor here, but very real problems keeping the club trading. I don't believe anyone has said 'liquidation' that's very different to 'administration' We can all believe what we wan't I see no benefit is creating camps or labeling others views as 'hysterical'  As you've said a few times, nobody knows for sure...............so there for I'd say it's fair game to be worried or not. 

Nobody's telling you how to feel fella.

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

We'll wait and see, but if there are any investors, then these 'idiots' will have a lot more money and success in business than me and you.

What I know is any investment will require a seat on the board and be a preemptive move to a takeover. I maintain Xia won't be at the club come the end of 2018

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Nobody's telling you how to feel fella.

I wouldn't let them ? my point is, if we don't know what's going on, how do we know if people are being hysterical or not?! (you don't need reply, it's rhetorical)

12 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Totally agree with this. That's exactly what I've read and heard from reputable (in my opinion trustworthy) sources. Pretending it isn't going to happen cos were 'Aston Villa' won't make it go away.

This idiot has took us to the brink.....does anyone trust him to sell the club for the good of the club, or is he likely to ensure he saves some face in China by not making a loss?

As you say, the list of charges against the club is bloody horrific!

3 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

I wouldn't let them ? my point is, if we don't know what's going on, how do we know if people are being hysterical or not?! (you don't need reply, it's rhetorical)

Hey the hysterical word was first coined by Bruce, I was merely quoting him, hope you weren’t offended or immediately thought it applied to you or anything like that. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

What I know is any investment will require a seat on the board and be a preemptive move to a takeover. I maintain Xia won't be at the club come the end of 2018

I know very little about business procedure, least of all the ownership of a sporting club but why delay the inevitable?

Unless the two parties will work together to facilitate a smoother transition from one owner to the next, I don't really see who benefits this way.

The end of 2018 is still 6 months of decision making away. I don't know if Xia is as poor an owner and businessmen as is being touted, or if a lack of knowledge, over enthusiasm and poor counsel cemented his undoing before he had a chance to show the qualities that led him to ownership in the first place. In any case I hope he treats the coming months with a bit more care and deliberation regards the clubs well being than what's been a severe case of mismanagement up until now.

Edited by A'Villan

15 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Var was telling them it was penalties. It’s the humans using it that failed. 

Keeping on topic. Tony out! 

was you a prefect at school?...?

joking apart, but you are right, about topic.

5 hours ago, Rob182 said:

In my opinion, "villa89" ;), it's more than likely just investment he's after, because this is why he's created 2 million shares in Villa. There would be no need to create all these shares if his first plan was just to sell up.

Two million £50 shares would give us some money in the bank but would those shares be for less than 50% of the club? If so, it won't seem too attractive a proposition for potential investors.

Edited by John

20 minutes ago, Daweii said:

At this rate Lyngby BK will be buying us..

I've heard it a competition between the 2 clubs. Whoever is more financially f###ed in 6 months gets sold to the other for £1..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KHV said:

Good. The bloke is a cockwomble 

Is that anything to do with Wimbledon Common?....like a flasher of some sort.?

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

Â