Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 minute ago, jim said:

Wolves are coping with it.

Would they be coping if they failed to go up? They bet the house the same as we did, the only difference is they went up and we didn't. Chinese government limitations are only an issue if the owner has to keep funnelling cash into the club, Wolves now have Premier League money they're fine. 

21 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Basically, Wyness **** up. We should be paying the tax soon.

Apparently, HMRC tends to threaten winding up orders to get business to pay up from what I've read. Palace were threatened with the same thing recently.

How has no-one realised that Wyness hadn't made that payment

I take it Wyness ran the club on behalf of Tony, so not unlike your bar manager doing a runner with the takings. Will be tough for Tony now as clearly those he put faith in have let him down. Some will still point fingers at Tony but clearly Wyness has not done his job so has been sacked. It's all about Tony's next move now, if he pulls a Cortese out of the bag we can all chill - tough ask though. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's not something you just 'forget', perhaps Wyness is the fall guy for a much deeper issue.

Indeed, there will be a number of people in finance and banking that knows this shit needs to be paid, even without the letters they send out. A decision has been made from the top not to pay, or delay and delay and delay. I expect the Jack sale to be pushed through quite sharpish.

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

How has no-one realised that Wyness hadn't made that payment

I mean, we have a finance department. I can't imagine it was Wyness's responsibility to jump on to Paypal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I take it Wyness ran the club on behalf of Tony, so not unlike your bar manager doing a runner with the takings. Will be tough for Tony now as clearly those he put faith in have let him down. Some will still point fingers at Tony but clearly Wyness has not done his job so has been sacked. It's all about Tony's next move now, if he pulls a Cortese out of the bag we can all chill - tough ask though. 

Xia appointed wyness so he has to accept some blame in it all - Samuelson was involved in the buying of the club too - xia seems to have put his trust in some questionable people .

• Like 1

Just now, Eastie said:

Xia appointed wyness so he has to accept some blame in it all - Samuelson was involved in the buying of the club too - xia seems to have put his trust in some questionable people .

For sure - up to him now to sort it out, question is who does he turn to? I really think a sale is on the horizon now. 

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Indeed, there will be a number of people in finance and banking that knows this shit needs to be paid, even without the letters they send out. A decision has been made from the top not to pay, or delay and delay and delay. I expect the Jack sale to be pushed through quite sharpish.

The fact we sold on the future payments for amavi and Sanchez to an Australian bank in Feb in exchange for an immediate cash payment to aid cash flow suggests there have been problems for a while . 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 3

Just now, Eastie said:

The fact we sold on the future payments for amavi ans]d Sanchez to an Australian bank in Feb in exchange for an immediate cash payment to aid cash flow suggests there have been problems for a while . 

I think Xia might not be wearing any clothes.

• Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

He is the CEO, what he says goes. Barbara from banking ain't just going to pay it.

Even if it was that automated the concern should be was the money there for Barbara to pay?

There could be so many things at play here from Wyness doing dodgy Wyness stuff, to Villa trying to pull a sly one because the money wasn't there for whatever reason. 

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

The fact we sold on the future payments for amavi and Sanchez to an Australian bank in Feb in exchange for an immediate cash payment to aid cash flow suggests there have been problems for a while . 

Yep ill be shocked if theis is Wyness's fault.  Sacrificial lamb!

14 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I don't really understand why everyone is once again jumping on the Xia has no money bandwagon.

Wyness hasn't paid the tax, he's been suspended. Xia isn't going to suspend the bloke after not making the funds available to him.

FFP is restricting Xia from spending any money, it's not that he hasn't got it. The Amavi & Sanchez deals were pushed through last season to deal with FFP, it's a gamble that we were going to go up and the cash would iron out last seasons FFP problems. Granted that hasn't worked out but it's still all a part of the 3 year FFP pot.

Some people need to chill out, it's been less than a week, give Xia some time to sort things out and release a proper statement.

Why did we sell on the furure payments for amavi and Sanchez to an Aussie bank  then for an immediate cash payment ? 

‘That’s been registered at companies house so can’t be bullshit - clearly we had financial problems even in Feb ? 

Meanwhile, it has emerged that back in February, Villa cashed in future transfer revenue due on Jordan Amavi from Marseille and Carlos Sanchez from Fiorentina in exchange for immediate money to help their cash flow.

In a document on Companies House dated February 2, 48 hours after the transfer window shut, the club sold on future income due on Amavi and Sanchez to the Australian Macquarie bank.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-put-alan-hutton-12648187

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I mean, we have a finance department. I can't imagine it was Wyness's responsibility to jump on to Paypal.

The buck stops with the CEO though. 

• Like 1

Â