Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

CEO's do not forget to pay tax. It's the one bill that you cannot get away without paying.

I'm speculating and I should know better, but was the play off final (£180 million) actually shit or bust time for Dr T? 

I'm hoping like hell that isn't the case, but Dr T needs to come out and explain to us tonight "what the hell is going on".

He might own AVFC, but it's our Villa and always will be!

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

The buck stops with the CEO though. 

Yeah, I'm just saying it's not down to people 'not noticing' Wyness hasn't paid the bills. We have a Finance Director. We've for some reason taken the decision not to pay on time. 

And the only reason I can think of is that we're **** skint. 

I just can't figure out why Wyness has been suspended. Something dodgy is going on.

• Like 1

It's all a bit dodgy.. 

First we need to sell futures in two players for cash flow.. Basically to pay the wages for the month.. 

Then we cant pay a tax bill.. 

Someone hasn't got the money have they? 

In my job ; the first time you know a company is in trouble is when the they can't pay the fuel bill. That's the first sign and there's only 1 way it's going after that. 

I don't think the club could tell the tax man they can't pay because of ffp! 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He is the CEO, what he says goes. Barbara from banking ain't just going to pay it.

Good job as she'll be in the starting lineup come August.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I don't really understand why everyone is once again jumping on the Xia has no money bandwagon.

Wyness hasn't paid the tax, he's been suspended. Xia isn't going to suspend the bloke after not making the funds available to him.

FFP is restricting Xia from spending any money, it's not that he hasn't got it. The Amavi & Sanchez deals were pushed through last season to deal with FFP, it's a gamble that we were going to go up and the cash would iron out last seasons FFP problems. Granted that hasn't worked out but it's still all a part of the 3 year FFP pot.

Some people need to chill out, it's been less than a week, give Xia some time to sort things out and release a proper statement.

Not buying it, all looks very dodgy to me. 

It's cash flow pure and simple, so we need cash, where do we get it? Tony is either back in China trying to call in a few favours or he'll have to sell up. Grealish sale will be on hold until this is resolved either way - any new buyer will want him, or £30 mill off the price. 

20 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

How can a club forget to pay their tax bill a week after missing out on promotion and a week of rumours and gossip about how bad our finances are? 

Yeah something isn't right here. I think we are in more trouble than we realise.

well, one things for certain here and that is that one person is going to lose his reputation to the world as a businessman with integrity...

Is it Xia or Wyness??

Time will tell us in the next illustrious chapter of Aston Villa Football Club

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

It's cash flow pure and simple, so we need cash, where do we get it? Tony is either back in China trying to call in a few favours or he'll have to sell up. Grealish sale will be on hold until this is resolved either way - any new buyer will want him, or £30 mill off the price. 

Think Grealish will be sold before xia can sell the club - downhill from here folks :(

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, imavillan said:

well, one things for certain here and that is that one person is going to lose his reputation to the world as a businessman with integrity...

Is it Xia or Wyness??

Time will tell us in the next illustrious chapter of Aston Villa Football Club

Surely both will lose reputation- if it’s down to wyness then xia so hired him and gave him control so either way xias  reputation is in question

Edited by Eastie

Well this is worrying!! 

Been plenty of rumours about Tone not having the dow, you dont just forget to pay a HMRC bill!!! The Amavi and Sanchez thing is strange also, you wouldnt do that for any other reason than not having the money for something. It is fairly common in small businesses, but for a club the size of Villa with a supposed million/billionaire? It dont sound or sit right with me.

Tones gonna have to release a proper statement this time and not just "his thoughts while relatively calm".

If this is as bad as it sounds, losing Grealish will be the least of our worries. He's also our only saleable asset player-wise. This summer is going to be brutal ?

I think I'm going to shut myself off from this and hope it all blows over after the World Cup. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Far too many people having faith in this man based on very little at the moment. 

Far too many people having no faith in this man based on very little at the moment. 

• Like 3

Â