Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

8 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

I didn't understand why you guys are so obsessed with beard and hairy hands. 

Now, I am even more confused.

The beards thing goes back to a player called Mellberg who had one and was a bit of a legend.

Hairyhands is a former VT poster who was very much ITK.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

I didn't understand why you guys are so obsessed with beard and hairy hands. 

Now, I am even more confused.

Tell Tony to keep an eye on Olof Mellberg's managerial career. 

If Tony is in this for the long term at some point that man will be in our dugout. 

4 minutes ago, useless said:

In reply to 'AVFC_Religon' saying we failed in a bid to sign Sam Johnstone.

Haha this is fantastic.  The AVFC_Religon tweet has already been deleted in shame. Might as well shut down the Villa ITK accounts now as none will have any credibility left soon.

53 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

I'm just stating that even the most evil of people have actually made some quite inspirational quotes...

Indeed they did.

It makes sense to be very wary of anyone who is/was inspired by them, though.

10 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Indeed they did.

It makes sense to be very wary of anyone who is/was inspired by them, though.

He's using it as a point of reference not as an inspiration. If I was looking for a quote to support a point I'd quote music from the 90s, he's using something from his youth / upbringing. He only uses one element of it, the importance of the masses -he doesn't use the whole quote to suggest removing all opposition to AVFC.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

This is potentially really interesting.

Scenario 1: it's empty rhetoric designed to appease fans

Scenario 2: he's genuinely putting real faith in the power of social media (including obviously forums such as this, hopefully less so Twitter et al). On the surface it probably seems ridiculous to have your transfer policy heavily dictated by public opinion but as we well know Dr T is adept (or, if not adept, frequent) in the use of social media and you'd therefore think that generally speaking, he values it highly and believes in its potential.

It makes me wonder if, for example, we were keen on Ravel Morrison but the concerned opinions here and I assume amongst the wider community put paid to it, if this unlikely course of events did transpire, how does RDM feel about it? He'd have to be highly open minded to consider allowing the opinions of fans to influence his transfer dealings and ultimately, his available resources.

Moving back to the original point it's highly likely to be more a case of scenario 1 but scenario 2 would represent a bold/pioneering policy in my view, I've no doubt that at other clubs social media opinion has perhaps played a part in some transfers but to incorporate it into a formal strategy would be something wholly different.

Quick, get a Revel Morrison poll up!

43 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Haha this is fantastic.  The AVFC_Religon tweet has already been deleted in shame. Might as well shut down the Villa ITK accounts now as none will have any credibility left soon.

It's hilarious, they're now blaming Birmingham Mail. If the guy running it had any brains, they'd know full well that BM are a ****ty source... :crylaugh:

I'll post my thoughts on our new owner after the window is closed, as was suggested a few weeks ago when people said "the window is shut at least give him until the end of the window".

however, my thoughts on sections of a fan base that comment on him are that I am concerned and a little disappointed that every utterance he makes is jumped upon as a positive and deciphered in anyway someone wants in order for that comment to be a positive or fit what people want it to fit in order for it to be brilliant. If it doesn't fit then it is dismissed as something lost in translation. If anyone dares to read something else into it, perhaps something not fitting the perceived line that people want it to be then woe betide that person. Dissention appears not to be allowed. I cringe sometimes at the responses. It is on all social media it is visible.

people paint scenarios about what the owner is saying, it is very reminiscent of disciples hanging on words like tomes or commandments with Twitter being the burning brush. They try and demonstrate a wisdom of understanding how the club is being run when patently no wisdom exists. Naysayers are dismissed and shunned with all sorts of accusations thrown at them.

Edited by Richard
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

Posted this in the SHA thread in other football.. So the sados on SHA are claiming they have info on "Dr Tone" and that they are waiting for the right time and place to release it.....

http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2057546

I refuse to go to that address, but never has one club been so obsessed about another.

Blues fans are doing research into our owner and "waiting for the right time" to release it? :crylaugh: 

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I refuse to go to that address, but never has one club been so obsessed about another.

Blues fans are doing research into our owner and "waiting for the right time" to release it? :crylaugh: 

@Lemod1875 on the twatter... defo looks like the kind of bloke who has "Info" on our tone.......

It's 'often partizan' who's claiming that he's got information. He also released a document around the time Xia was announced that was supposed to prove that Xia was a fraud, but it turned out to be fake. As I say it's just wishful thinking on their part because they want him to be another Yeung.

Edited by useless
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

@Lemod1875 on the twatter... defo looks like the kind of bloke who has "Info" on our tone.......

I must admit, I find it highly amusing that a bunch of bluenose keyboard warriors are assuming that all the accountants, lawyers and corporate intelligence folk involved in the takeover are all so rubbish at their jobs that failed to dig up this 'info' through due diligence.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I am very wary of anyone who sings Rule Brittania.

I rap it, so I hope that is ok.

As for the turds from across the way 'waiting to release information' - I've got some information on their history I am waiting to release. It'll be a smelly one so I do apologise.

• Like 1

Â