Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

13 minutes ago, Godders said:

I must admit, I find it highly amusing that a bunch of bluenose keyboard warriors are assuming that all the accountants, lawyers and corporate intelligence folk involved in the takeover are all so rubbish at their jobs that failed to dig up this 'info' through due diligence.

In fairness, it wouldn't surprise me.

They care so very, very much about what we're doing - far more than any "neutral" fit-and-proper-person tester would do - that they've probably gone to unbelievable depths of research.  In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if a few of them have given up jobs entirely - purely to spend all their time trying to dig up dirt on our owner.

9 hours ago, snowychap said:

Not reading it?

It's a quote from one of the last century's greatest tyrants and mass murderers being tweeted by the owner of the Villa.

I think the point is that you should judge a quote for the wisdom or lack of in the words rather than the actions of the espouser. Never forget Churchill was possibly the biggest tyrant and mass murderers of the last century, yet he is lauded as one of the greatest humans of all time...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard said:

I'll post my thoughts on our new owner after the window is closed, as was suggested a few weeks ago when people said "the window is shut at least give him until the end of the window".

however, my thoughts on sections of a fan base that comment on him are that I am concerned and a little disappointed that every utterance he makes is jumped upon as a positive and deciphered in anyway someone wants in order for that comment to be a positive or fit what people want it to fit in order for it to be brilliant. If it doesn't fit then it is dismissed as something lost in translation. If anyone dares to read something else into it, perhaps something not fitting the perceived line that people want it to be then woe betide that person. Dissention appears not to be allowed. I cringe sometimes at the responses. It is on all social media it is visible.

people paint scenarios about what the owner is saying, it is very reminiscent of disciples hanging on words like tomes or commandments with Twitter being the burning brush. They try and demonstrate a wisdom of understanding how the club is being run when patently no wisdom exists. Naysayers are dismissed and shunned with all sorts of accusations thrown at them.

A very interesting Post Richard and whilst I have been uncharacteristically upbeat on Dr Tone and make no apologies for it.....it is a stark reminder.

My stance is purely on gut feeling and as my friends tell me ,I am a good judge of character ably assisted by my time as a pub landlord.

This scenario for us is unprecedented and I think to be fair we are all having a day off, from the last 6 years of utter demise.

I really don't know what the long term outcome of all this will be, but I have always said don't get thinking about the 10th fence when you haven't even scaled the first one.

The Here and now is exciting for us all.....then the manager has the job of turning al these signings in to a performance and result gathering force, no mean task.

Thanks for keeping our feet on the floor......much appreciated.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Richard said:

I'll post my thoughts on our new owner after the window is closed, as was suggested a few weeks ago when people said "the window is shut at least give him until the end of the window".

however, my thoughts on sections of a fan base that comment on him are that I am concerned and a little disappointed that every utterance he makes is jumped upon as a positive and deciphered in anyway someone wants in order for that comment to be a positive or fit what people want it to fit in order for it to be brilliant. If it doesn't fit then it is dismissed as something lost in translation. If anyone dares to read something else into it, perhaps something not fitting the perceived line that people want it to be then woe betide that person. Dissention appears not to be allowed. I cringe sometimes at the responses. It is on all social media it is visible.

people paint scenarios about what the owner is saying, it is very reminiscent of disciples hanging on words like tomes or commandments with Twitter being the burning brush. They try and demonstrate a wisdom of understanding how the club is being run when patently no wisdom exists. Naysayers are dismissed and shunned with all sorts of accusations thrown at them.

Ah right, knew the 'silence' wouldn't last for long.

I tell you what guys, let's all stop being positive and walk around crying our eyes out at the demise of our once great club. Every time the owner posts something on social media lets just assume it's some form of sinister lie and everything is screwed.

Ths is an exaggerated response, before you go jumping on the 'just because I'm not a happy clapper doesn't mean my view isn't valid' bandwagon, but Richard, what I think you fail to grasp and my take on why your posts tend to provoke is that we all appreciate the dangers of our current situation, we get that if you overlook some of the good news stuff there's a risk this could all go tits up, I don't think we need to be told about it all the time. Villa is and has been for some considerable time a laugh or cry situation, just because most people choose to laugh doesn't mean they're ignorant to the potential for disaster. 

I just don't get what you're getting out of the repeated rhetoric, what's your end game? To have everyone miserable, this place would be no fun at all if that came to pass.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I tell you what guys, let's all stop being positive and walk around crying our eyes out at the demise of our once great club. Every time the owner posts something on social media lets just assume it's some form of sinister lie and everything is screwed.

Ths is an exaggerated response, before you go jumping on the 'just because I'm not a happy clapper doesn't mean my view isn't valid' bandwagon, but Richard, what I think you fail to grasp and my take on why your posts tend to provoke is that we all appreciate the dangers of our current situation, we get that if you overlook some of the good news stuff there's a risk this could all go tits up, I don't think we need to be told about it all the time. Villa is and has been for some considerable time a laugh or cry situation, just because most people choose to laugh doesn't mean they're ignorant to the potential for disaster. 

I just don't get what you're getting out of the repeated rhetoric, what's your end game? To have everyone miserable, this place would be no fun at all if that came to pass.

not to poke my nose in but my take was Richard was saying  exactly that....I seen in one of his posts he was on cloud nine too.

but equally, you are right too,what you have written.

These are truly exciting times, but equally we do need to be cautious with our emotions too.

two negatives don't normally make a positive.....but in this case they may well do.

Edited by TRO

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Well that Post baffles me completely.

Firstly, why should he be 'silent' ?

Secondly, where did he say 'stop being positive' ?  Where did he tell anyone to be anything ?

Where did he say assume a sinister lie ?

You are dead right it is an exaggerated response - it bears no relationship to what Richard Posted at all.

"We all appreciate the dangers of our current situation " ?  - How do you know what 'we all' think ?  What would you say to Richard if he had said what "we all2 think ?

And, I've already spoken to plenty, and seen plenty of Posts, and other stuff, that suggests there are a good number of fans who think there are no dangers at all.

"We don't need to be told about it all the time " ?  -well if you know about it , being told about it is irrelevant, coz you already know, and who is "telling you about it all the time " ?

And whats wrong if they were ?  If you are fine with how you feel how can an alternative view bother you ?

I'm far more disturbed by the immediate attempt to get him to shut up than I am with his Post (s) which in this case was simply an observation on the fact that some fans ar e attributing messianic qualities to Tony.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, EddieB said:

I think the point is that you should judge a quote for the wisdom or lack of in the words rather than the actions of the espouser. Never forget Churchill was possibly the biggest tyrant and mass murderers of the last century, yet he is lauded as one of the greatest humans of all time...

Wow! We are comparing Churchill to Chairman Mao...... only on VT!!!!!

• Like 1

Football is a form of entertainment, if you don't enjoy it..then what is the point? I use the same Logic with Tony, he will make mistakes but at the end of the day he has made me enjoy supporting this club again...something i haven't felt in 3-4 years.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Well that Post baffles me completely.

Firstly, why should he be 'silent' ?

Secondly, where did he say 'stop being positive' ?  Where did he tell anyone to be anything ?

Where did he say assume a sinister lie ?

You are dead right it is an exaggerated response - it bears no relationship to what Richard Posted at all.

"We all appreciate the dangers of our current situation " ?  - How do you know what 'we all' think ?  What would you say to Richard if he had said what "we all2 think ?

And, I've already spoken to plenty, and seen plenty of Posts, and other stuff, that suggests there are a good number of fans who think there are no dangers at all.

"We don't need to be told about it all the time " ?  -well if you know about it , being told about it is irrelevant, coz you already know, and who is "telling you about it all the time " ?

And whats wrong if they were ?  If you are fine with how you feel how can an alternative view bother you ?

I'm far more disturbed by the immediate attempt to get him to shut up than I am with his Post (s) which in this case was simply an observation on the fact that some fans ar e attributing messianic qualities to Tony.

Firstly, I haven't said he should be silent, also the fact that I put the word silence in inverted commas should demonstrate that it was a loose term.

With regards positivity he likened anyone demonstrating positivity to a "disciple", a biblical term for someone who allegedly followed around a fictitious character believing everything they say to be utter truth.

He's questioning the authenticity of what's being said by Dr T (with little to no basis for doing so), "sinister lie" may be too strong a term but if you suspect someone of not being truthful it's likely that you feel there's a more sinister plot behind it.

Despite differences in opinions on players, managers, tactics etc we do actually all share one massive common interest - Aston Villa. We've all experienced the highs and lows, the false dawns and the times where we were the nearly men. I don't presume to know what everyone thinks on a granular level but when it comes to the core I think it's fair to assume that we do all think on the same level, that we're all keen to see the club do well but have experienced enough anguish to know that there's a good chance, for whatever reason that it will go to pot.

Regards "we don't need to be told about it all the time" is In reference to what I believe to have been a consistent and laboured view from a particular group of posters, it's my opinion that we don't need to keep reading it.

An alternative view doesn't bother me, there are plenty thrown up in differing contexts on a daily basis on this board alone, sometimes I have a differing opinion or thought. What irks me a bit and what drove me to respond on this occasion is a concern that for too long we've been a pretty miserable bunch (Villa fans in general) and with good reason, we've had next to nothing to get excited about for years. There is an opportunity at the moment though to get excited, not with blind faith but things are looking up, we as fans need to help push that along by creating a good atmosphere. Being a football fan has changed, it's not just for 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon that we now have the chance to give our opinion on matters, there's a 24/7 platform. To regularly post negatively to me suggests that there's a desire to sway public opinion in that direction, which for me, is both counterintuitive and counterproductive.

I'm not even going to bother responding to your last point as I think it's all been covered above.

Edited by bannedfromHandV

14 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Not 100% what he's trying to say here. Anyone?

I read Dr Xia's tweet purely as: I watched a Europa game tonight but it involved the wrong claret and blues. When we're back in the Premier League next season, it won't be long before we are playing European games again. You fans are funky awesome - Cheers! :flag:

• Like 3

Â