Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

13 hours ago, Trickster said:

Hmmm......I get a hint of 'we're not after Valencia now' from this.

I loved reading that tweet this morning. Nothing to do with the tyrant he was quoting but because it suggested to me that we now have an owner who is going to listen to us.

Think about scouts for a moment. They cannot get to every game that a player plays in so they must spend a lot of time watching video clips and reading stats, which is basically what us lot do but there are a lot more of us so we will have a wider opinion of a player if you read say 50 views on a player. Surely it would be better to get the opinion on someone from 50 than from 1?

Also, what if that scout is possibly on friendly terms with a player's agent or the player himself? Could easily take a back-hander or two just to get a deal done and boost his income. I bet that happens more than we would like to imagine in our game.

A scout gets paid to hunt for players and to them it is a job whereas to us lot we are simply trying to spot players that we think will do well for our club and we do it for a love of the club, not because we get paid. I know who I would rather listen to!

Edited by villarocker

Another good decision by the management.

RDM decides he doesn't want Bennett. Tony pulls the plug on a move where we would be subsidising  (50%? / 10k) of his wages. A week later he goes on a free,500k a year saved.

actually would have kept him, but it does show that Tony has an idea of what he is doing.

3 hours ago, Richard said:

I'll post my thoughts on our new owner after the window is closed, as was suggested a few weeks ago when people said "the window is shut at least give him until the end of the window".

however, my thoughts on sections of a fan base that comment on him are that I am concerned and a little disappointed that every utterance he makes is jumped upon as a positive and deciphered in anyway someone wants in order for that comment to be a positive or fit what people want it to fit in order for it to be brilliant. If it doesn't fit then it is dismissed as something lost in translation. If anyone dares to read something else into it, perhaps something not fitting the perceived line that people want it to be then woe betide that person. Dissention appears not to be allowed. I cringe sometimes at the responses. It is on all social media it is visible.

people paint scenarios about what the owner is saying, it is very reminiscent of disciples hanging on words like tomes or commandments with Twitter being the burning brush. They try and demonstrate a wisdom of understanding how the club is being run when patently no wisdom exists. Naysayers are dismissed and shunned with all sorts of accusations thrown at them.

Not sure Richard.  All I see on here are different views and opinions. If most people interpret something one way, and one or two offer an alternative contradictory view that view will always be challenged, as you would expect in any walk of life.  I remember suggesting we could still survive relegation last year, which went against perceived wisdom and I got slaughtered;  probably for good reason in retrospect!  The same when a few suggested paying off contracts; those ideas were mocked and dismissed as ridiculous.  The point is going against the consensus - be that positive OR negative - will always attract opposition and strong counter arguments. So I would say dissention is alive and well on here, but you cannot expect people not to challenge or counter those dissenting voices; they always will and probably should if we want open debate.  I would also add that one of the main reasons why dissention and concern about Tony has dissipated is because most people think he is doing a tremendous job so far.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Another good decision by the management.

RDM decides he doesn't want Bennett. Tony pulls the plug on a move where we would be subsidising  (50%? / 10k) of his wages. A week later he goes on a free,500k a year saved.

actually would have kept him, but it does show that Tony has an idea of what he is doing.

surprised we couldn't get a little fee for him but meh

Edited by Skills

52 minutes ago, Flynnchin84 said:

Dr. Tony Xia Retweeted Maradona_AVFC10

No more rumors! Chris and the Socfin helped the takeover and we paid for service. Never was related to Recon!

No more Rumours.

Big Tone clearly not a fan of Fleetwood Mac.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Flynnchin84 said:

Some bloke on twitter, been trying to make rumours up since he first took over. Tony shut him down. 

Ah ok, nobody of any standing or importance then. Thanks.

Edited by NeilS

Â