Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

IanRobo is a good guy. I don't agree with everything he says - and actually we are usually debating a number of things we disagree on, but he is a great bloke.

Can somebody clear something up for me? Has Xia said Samuelson wasn't on the board? I thought he was announced as being on the board, but then moved to Recon, or am I mistaken?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DK82 said:

IanRobo is a good guy. I don't agree with everything he says - and actually we are usually debating a number of things we disagree on, but he is a great bloke.

Can somebody clear something up for me? Has Xia said Samuelson wasn't on the board? I thought he was announced as being on the board, but then moved to Recon, or am I mistaken?

To be fair, he has been going off on one about bankers and Samuelson and how it's a big conspiracy to bleed money out of the club to a Swiss bank account and they are all criminals and the FBI and asset stripping etc etc etc for months now. Been pretty tiring and a bit libelous if I'm being perfectly honest...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mwj said:

To be fair, he has been going off on one about bankers and Samuelson and how it's a big conspiracy to bleed money out of the club to a Swiss bank account and they are all criminals and the FBI and asset stripping etc etc etc for months now. Been pretty tiring and a bit libelous if I'm being perfectly honest...

I think Tony just had enough of it today to be fair. 

That twitter user wants to be careful at this point, he has buried himself in a mountain of libel that he's now desperately trying to dig his way out of. Whether he's on the ball with some of this or not, he's walking a tightrope IMO. He's also incredibly patronising to anyone who tries to discuss his accusations with him, which doesn't help. 

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That twitter user wants to be careful at this point, he has buried himself in a mountain of libel that he's now desperately trying to dig his way out of. Whether he's on the ball with some of this or not, he's walking a tightrope IMO. He's also incredibly patronising to anyone who tries to discuss his accusations with him, which doesn't help. 

Hasn't changed from the off-topic days then?:P

13 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Can someone clarify the point the guy on twitter is trying to make? I don't understand ...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Can someone clarify the point the guy on twitter is trying to make? I don't understand ...

Not to go too far off topic, but basically Samuelson has been the subject of enquiries and investigations by the likes of the FBI and some people have/had concerns about his involvement in the takeover/running of the club. Legal clause: Samuelson has never been found guilty of, or been charged with, any wrongdoing or impropriety whatsoever.

The twitter person was asking questions and raising concerns and has theories of various kinds. Dr T responded with statement that these were inaccurate. Dr T has now had enough of it and mentioned lawyers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blandy said:

The caution in the whole post is understandable, and "grounded"- but the bit quoted is ridiculous. As far as I know people on twitter or on here or on other sites are not bound by any set of rules saying "it's not allowed to hold the following opinion, or to state it"

What does happen is that people disagree with all kinds of views, agree with others.

The notion of censorship of views which are not all "over the rainbow" is bonkers.

A number of people have managed, despite the claimed unallowability of it  to post views ranging from "I'm really worried about him" to "it's too early to be sure" to "wish he'd stop tweeting" to "he's brilliant and I love him". That's not just on here, that's everywhere.

Pete if I'm being honest, I don't remember writing that, if i did, it must have been some time ago.....and Also if I did, it would have been relating to criticism of posts not the rules of the site.

Ps plus i can't spell dissension.:)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Sounds like Xia has set his own deadline. It would leave us 3 days to get our second choice in and the way Xia talks about transfers those appear like they would be easier to do than this one. So by Sunday evening the club will know if Hernandez is Villa bound, if not we have enough time to get in our second choice.. Sounds good to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonno_2004 said:

Would be absolutely comical to see Dr Tony and his legal dept go after the illiterate IanRobo. Just wasted 10 minutes reading his tweets.

Has he deleted them? Just been on the villa views Twitter and couldn't see anything of note...

38 minutes ago, TRO said:

Pete if I'm being honest, I don't remember writing that, if i did, it must have been some time ago.....and Also if I did, it would have been relating to criticism of posts not the rules of the site.

It was in Richard's post that you quoted, so I'm guessing something went wrong with the quoting system.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flynnchin84 said:

Dr. Tony Xia Retweeted Mark Hughes

By this Sunday evening we'll know basically what's the situation on the ST and AM.

So it could be happening or it might not

Basically, an ultimatum to whatever bids we have in, that if a deal can't be done by Sunday... We move on to other targets I reckon!

Edited by Mjvilla
Dawei beat me to the same point

4 hours ago, blandy said:

The caution in the whole post is understandable, and "grounded"- but the bit quoted is ridiculous. As far as I know people on twitter or on here or on other sites are not bound by any set of rules saying "it's not allowed to hold the following opinion, or to state it"

What does happen is that people disagree with all kinds of views, agree with others.

The notion of censorship of views which are not all "over the rainbow" is bonkers.

A number of people have managed, despite the claimed unallowability of it  to post views ranging from "I'm really worried about him" to "it's too early to be sure" to "wish he'd stop tweeting" to "he's brilliant and I love him". That's not just on here, that's everywhere.

I think it was me that made the post not TRO. 

Forgive me I was not in anyway trying to suggest there were any rule in place or censorship or moderation to preclude  such opinions. I was, I guess in a clumsy way, trying to reference how, in my opinion, the responses to the alternate opinion can come across. To me, and I may be reading too much in but this is certainly how some are worded, it is very much like the person who is making the response see,s to be thinking "how dare you say that it is utterly ridiculous to hold that opinion how dare you" . Then we see posters labelled as anything from depressed, negative, having no joy in their life, why are they supporting villa or following football full stop and then in certain circumstances called racist and xenophobic. 

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Sash windows bro. I know they haven't quite made it out west yet but I can assure you they will blow your mind!

There's always something being blown with/by you...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

To be brutally honest I have seen and heard Ian say worse things about Ellis and Lerner than he has about xia 

Can't say I blame Xia for his response to that guy.

The bloke's chinese, and I usually have to read his messages 2 or 3 times to figure out what he's saying, but he's still more intelligible than that weapon grade gobshite. Reading his twitter comments is like reading a book with every other page removed.

@Dr_TonyXia helping even and can you explain with Banfill is on VicVilla, CS was on Recon and Villa board etc, or just quote Mao eh ?

WTF does that mean? :lol:

Edited by Davkaus

To be honest I have no knowledge of Mao, however alot of things are subjective. For instance, Castro, Chavez, Saddam, and Gaddafi were painted as absolute demons by the Media. I can tell you that, in the Caribbean, for example they are seen as "heroes".

Â