Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Well, for me, you state the obvious.....but thanks for making me aware.

but that is just your view.....right, some are saying, no to tweets, per sa 

You're more than welcome my dear boy :thumb:

41 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Ultimately it's Dr Xia's club and his twitter account - he can do whatever he wants. With a billion or so quid in the bank I'm sure he really gives a toss what people say about how he speaks to his staff. 

Dear god, no.  It's not his club.  He didnt build it, he doesn't give it its spirit and life blood, he won't be around when things get tough again.  Like Ellis and Lerner and all the other owners of all the other clubs that aren't owned by fans, he will wander off when theres a better chance of a quick buck somewhere else.

No, he can't do anything he wants.  He is the temporary custodian of the club, nothing more.  He needs to understand that and act accordingly.

As for the fans coming all the sickmaking "Oh Tone, it's up to you, big boy, shaft me with your investment portfolio", well, yeuurrgh.

• Like 2

we had an owner who didnt care - people complained.

Now we have an owner who clearly cares and is willing to put his money where his mouth is and people are still complaining...

I cant imagine where people get the impression that some villa fans are fickle from... :rolleyes:

Edited by flashingqwerty
typo
  • Like 1

FWIW I don't give a flying **** about his Tweets. I can understand after the Lerner years why so many fans find his transparency so refreshing. Xia seems like Krulak with bells on! 

However he comes over as someone who cannot believe his luck that he is now the owner of one of England's (the world's) most famous clubs. His public pronouncements are not indicative of a self made "Billionaire" and I still have major doubts about his background and provenance.

That said, like many I am prepared to go with the flow and hope WYSIWYG. Time will tell. 

The biggest hurt for me ATM, is that our club is in the **** Championship!!

Let's just get back to the PL!

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You make it sound, so, well shit. 

They're not all like that you know. Yes we've had a particularly rough few decades, but there are some genuine owners out there who genuinely love the clubs they 'own'. 

You're right in one respect, he will only ever be a custodian. But he appears to be a custodian with heart, with passion, who actually cares what happens on the pitch in a real sense. 

You may find it yeuuuugh, however to my mind this club has been joyless for far too long. I hope people are asking him to ride them for a long time to come. 

So, which foreign owners actually give a flying **** about the club other than as a money machine?

A "rough few decades"?  That's a pretty long term view if you expect that to come good anytime soon.

He's not a fan, you know.  His pr people claimed he was, but it turns ouf he wenf fo a game as a student, doesn't know who against, doesn't know the score.

The commitment runs skin deep.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You make it sound, so, well shit. 

They're not all like that you know. Yes we've had a particularly rough few decades, but there are some genuine owners out there who genuinely love the clubs they 'own'. 

You're right in one respect, he will only ever be a custodian. But he appears to be a custodian with heart, with passion, who actually cares what happens on the pitch in a real sense. 

You may find it yeuuuugh, however to my mind this club has been joyless for far too long. I hope people are asking him to ride them for a long time to come. 

Until relatively recently I always accepted the idea of AVFC's owner as being a "Custodian" but on reflection it is a load of bollox. In reality the fans are the true Custodians. We are the ones who ultimately protect and care for the club. 

Hopefully, Dr.Xia will return us to our rightful place and despite all the Twitter stuff he has delivered to date.

However I am absolutely certain that we will never again sit idly by as we did with Lerner (for ten years!)  if things go tits up again

I sincerely hope Dr.Xia is our dream owner but if he turns out to be a charlatan, the true "custodians" will not allow the club to be **** again. 

Edited by MikeMcKenna

6 hours ago, peterms said:

So, which foreign owners actually give a flying **** about the club other than as a money machine?

A "rough few decades"?  That's a pretty long term view if you expect that to come good anytime soon.

He's not a fan, you know.  His pr people claimed he was, but it turns ouf he wenf fo a game as a student, doesn't know who against, doesn't know the score.

The commitment runs skin deep.

I wrote out a big long reply. Proof read it and everything. Then I thought, "meh", you either go with it and try and enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts or you don't. Pointless me trying to persuade you.

Up Villa, as Tony might say.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, peterms said:

Dear god, no.  It's not his club.  He didnt build it, he doesn't give it its spirit and life blood, he won't be around when things get tough again.  Like Ellis and Lerner and all the other owners of all the other clubs that aren't owned by fans, he will wander off when theres a better chance of a quick buck somewhere else.

No, he can't do anything he wants.  He is the temporary custodian of the club, nothing more.  He needs to understand that and act accordingly.

As for the fans coming all the sickmaking "Oh Tone, it's up to you, big boy, shaft me with your investment portfolio", well, yeuurrgh.

What a load of rubbish, of course he can do what he wants within the football rules.  Yes we are the spirit of the club but the assets, direction and the future of the club is his to dictate. Whether he is here for 2 years, 10 years or passes it on after he dies to his family, that is his choice.  With that he is entitled, whether we like it or not, to act however he pleases.

Us fans are deluded sometimes, the only influence we have really is disgruntled fan pressure but that really doesn't have much influence because owners know on the whole we are loyal to the brand.  Owners do what they want and only leave due to age or more likely boredom or it's costing them personally too much.

The only rules he needs to play by are his rules and a couple of football governance rules. Your rules, my rules and every other Tom, Dick and Harry are just along for the ride with no say.

• Like 1

I really don't get all this neggie stuff on our Tone....There is no perfect owner or in fact perfect anything....its all about accepting imperfections.

It seems to me the main bone of contention is the minority are at odds/irritated with the majority of the fans being happy with him and his actions. It does appear at times that some of us, do like to "sweat the small stuff"

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Who would be an acceptable owner then? Someone who's attended 5, 10, 200 games? Lived within 2 miles of VP? Been a fan since birth, and their parents and grand parents? If the net is that narrow, then billionaires might be hard to come by.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, limpid said:

I couldn't tell you who we played against or what the score was from the first 100 or so matches I attended.

I should also be committed.

I thought I could remember the game/score from my first game but after looking for it on google and not finding it then I think I got it wrong!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Who would be an acceptable owner then? Someone who's attended 5, 10, 200 games? Lived within 2 miles of VP? Been a fan since birth, and their parents and grand parents? If the net is that narrow, then billionaires might be hard to come by.

I'd like to point out that Lerner was considered around the 5th richest man in Birmingham during his tenure here (even though he was only a billionaire by a few million), and i'm fairly sure none of the top 10 richest were born in Birmingham whatsoever.

Edited by meme
  • Like 1

Â