Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

I'm not sure why people think Xia will experience a drop like Lerner and lose interest. There are already many clear differences between them in business that show that Xia is much more competent than Lerner:

Lerner has not made many business advancements; majority of his fortune inherited from father --- Xia is self-made rich and capable at making business moves

Lerner is poor at management, failing to get any modern structure running at Villa (no TD, poor board, no football men, etc.) --- Xia gets in a Champions League winning manager, begins to set up a modern academy system, getting tons of sponsors and partnerships, and gets an ex-Man Utd assistant manager on board, who is very likely to know the world-class youth setup they have

Nobody knows about Lerner's other businesses outside of sport, probably because there are none ;) --- Nobody knows about Xia's other businesses, but it has been proven he has several others that have large amounts of money

There were absolutely no lines of communications open with Lerner, even the media couldn't get hold of him --- Xia has an incredibly open social media account and so far has been very willing to do interviews. He also has a company website, something Lerner couldn't do because he probably has no other ****ing businesses... :rant:

And here you have my incredibly biased, flawed and angry dig at the man known as Randy Lerner, and my incredibly biased, flawed and happy radicalisation methods of our grand saviour commonly known as Jiantong "God" Xia. :)

Edited by meme
  • Like 4

There are some well educated writers on here who seem to be sceptical of Dr Tone and critical of some of his actions particularly in relation to Social Media and the topics he has

chosen to comment on.

With the Shenanigans of Uncle Doug to the car crash of Randy Lerner, it is understandable that scepticism is at large in some quarters.....but equally they do need to let go a tad and enjoy the attempt that is being made to improve the club.....nothing is guaranteed ......but it is hard to criticise a man who has a bloody good go...and sometimes the less agreeable stuff needs to filed " goes with the territory"

We can raise the points, but in the whole scheme of things.....so what.

It is no reflection on their articulation or their overall quality of opinion that they are not as convinced as some of us as to Tony's Leadership.

But moreover we are all Villa Fans together despite our varying views and we all need a break from the recent past and a bit of Villa Park Nourishment.

UTV

Ps I guess it is fair to say we all have a bit of scepticism in us, just some more than others display it.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

In case anyone's not seen these...

A Newcastle fan tweeting the Doc:

Being a right old cocky arsehole as well :P

In other unrelated news, the RECON website have an article about plans for Villa. Nice read.

http://www.reconig.com/htm/58.htm

Joint Rui Kang Aston Villa started the blockbuster acquisition of Chinese enterprises to expand overseas first shot, after that, the Milan clubs, Olympique Lyon, and other Premier League team West Brom have embraced Chinese capital.A few months later, the club's owner China flies right? We knocked on the door of the President of Avila summer construction system office.

The acquisition of the old club Aston Villa, was built to make the summer the system has become the focus of media attention - prodigy school gangsters, Harvard Ph.D., fanatical football fans, these labels are playing in the 39-year-old Chinese entrepreneur who

Edited by meme

3 minutes ago, meme said:

Being a right old cocky arsehole as well :P

In other unrelated news, the RECON website have an article about plans for Villa. Nice read.

http://www.reconig.com/htm/58.htm

I read it in about 30 seconds, made no sense... Just a load of squiggles really! 

Edited by Mjvilla
  • Like 1

He's pumped a shedload of cash in already, record spend for this division, in doing so he's shipped out the majority of the shite from last season whilst bringing in what should prove to be a set of good purchases to see us get promotion.

He's sorted out the infrastructure, bringing in experienced people in the right roles (ie Wyness and Round), he's promoting the club internationally and investing in long term growth projects.

Hes opened up communication levels massively.

But sure, let's have a whinge about it cos we lost to Bristol city.......

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He's pumped a shedload of cash in already, record spend for this division, in doing so he's shipped out the majority of the shite from last season whilst bringing in what should prove to be a set of good purchases to see us get promotion.

He's sorted out the infrastructure, bringing in experienced people in the right roles (ie Wyness and Round), he's promoting the club internationally and investing in long term growth projects.

Hes opened up communication levels massively.

But sure, let's have a whinge about it cos we lost to Bristol city.......

You are absolutely spot on

But!

If we want promotion, we need 1-0 up after 5mins to be 2-0 up eventually and 3pts home or away, especially against teams like BrC.

After all we are AVFC with (even some shit players) a good enough team to win such games

http://www.footballinsider247.com/ian-taylor-tony-xia-good-guy-hell-bent-promotion/

Ian Taylor on Tony Xia: Good guy who is hell-bent on promotion

3rd September, 2016, 12:30 PM

By Amir Mir

Ian Taylor has revealed that Tony Xia is “hell bent” on getting Aston Villa back into the Premier League.

Ex-Villa midfielder Taylor who now works as a club ambassador believes the atmosphere around Villa Park is “very positive” after relegation last term.

The Chinese Tycoon purchased the Midlands club for £75million in June from the much-criticised Randy Lerner.

Xia gave manager Roberto Di Matteo the task of steering the club back into the Premier League, and Taylor has now described the mood under Xia’s stewardship.

“It is VERY positive!” Taylor told Venture Down The Left. “They are hell bent on getting the right characters on the pitch with the right temperament to get us back up. Now it’s just a case of getting the players playing as a team.”

Asked if he thought Xia was a good guy, Taylor said, “He definitely seems to be. He really feels it when we lose, I do know that for sure! He is whole-heartedly behind the football club and where we need to be.”

Villa have had a mixed start to the season, with two defeats, two draws, and a solitary win at home to Rotherham.

“I certainly hope so!” said Taylor. “History tells you the longer it takes the more difficult it is. It’s a tough league, and you need the right kind of players to get out of it. I have everything crossed. It won’t be easy!”

Tony Xia has definitely put his money where his mouth is this summer, making nine signings and spending around £50m, including two eight-figure deals for Ross McCormack and Jonathan Kodjia.

Edited by tismyk
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Not everyone is the same bud.. Some people remember every detail, others no matter how big a moment it was don't remember shit. I fall into the don't remember shit category when it comes to my first Villa match.. I put a lot of that down to being a young kid and not appreciating it enough so it just faded into every other memory from that time. It sucks but I can't remember it.. 

See, I remember it but I must remember it wrong! It was mid to early 90's or so and it was Spurs at home. I thought it was 0-0 and we battered them and Colin calderwood cleared on off the line with an overhead in from of the holte... But u can't find it so I must be wrong!

• Like 1

Â