Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Just now, maqroll said:

Tell more

You rarely get a so called Billionaire business man getting involved in twitter bullshit. Where's the f***** professionalism.

You guys thinking its refreshing of a chairman. Your having a laugh surely.

There are priorities at this club, an at the moment i'm far from seeing them fufilled. Start spending into that 50 million you promised, an you can say what the frack you want on twitter.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Start spending into that 50 million you promised, an you can say what the frack you want on twitter.

Continued statements like these really do not contribute to anything positive.

I am sure even you actually know that he never "promised 50 million" but let's not get any facts disturb your position. Besides, why would his response become more professional if the club spent 50 million on players first? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

There are priorities at this club, an at the moment i'm far from seeing them fufilled. Start spending into that 50 million you promised, an you can say what the frack you want on twitter.

I agree, as much as a fan I am of Tony's rants and defend his right to say what the fark he wants, he will need to buy players and move other players out by the time the window closes. Do that and the tweeting is just a bit of a sideshow which you'll love or hate rather than the main talking point of his reign. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, NSmith22 said:

That's a textbook doom and gloom response that has completely infested this board. Some of it has been warranted in the past but let's give the club a clean slate, yeah?

No, it isn't. 

Infested ?

It is a perfectly valid take on how things stand. I think a lot of fans will say the same. Just as you call it a textbook doom and gloom response I could call your response a textbook happy clappy response. Would that be fair ?  Or should I just accept you are less concerned than me or others ? If you think things are ok, good for you, that's nice isn't it ?  A lot of people would envy you !  But why do you think everyone should feel the same way ? 

Are you really saying there is no justifiable reason for someone to think the Squad is very poor ?  It pretty much is still the worst group of players to play for us in my 45 years of watching the Club.  Are you really saying its totally unreasonable to suggest three players is not a lot of action ?

I've said many times, I think people should still be patient, things take time, and some good things have happened, but there is plenty reason to be very concerned, and this new ideawe are seeing more and more that people who are looking at the negatives are in some way 'bad' is wrong and offensive.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NSmith22 said:

Fair play to Tony for calling Holloway out on his BS. He may have went a little over the top with his word choice but I'm sick of watching pundits take the piss whenever they get a chance. I'm not entirely convinced we make out of this division but anything outside of top 10 would be absolutely shocking when you look at some of the teams in the bottom half.

To be fair Holloway is only saying what most Villa fans are thinking! 

Tony has all the ingredients to be HD Version of Vincent Tan!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You rarely get a so called Billionaire business man getting involved in twitter bullshit. Where's the f***** professionalism.

You guys thinking its refreshing of a chairman. Your having a laugh surely.

Once again, I will refer you to people like Billionaire owner of the Dallas Mavericks, Mark Cuban, very active on twitter and with the bullshit! Their financial status doesn't make them any less fans, or humans! It is only in England it seems everybody is so dramatic and PC it;s actually laughable! None of the "outrage" would be happening outside of your shores ffs. Just as how whats his face, Neville I think it was had to apologise for comparing some players to little girls.:crylaugh:

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Whilst I don't think he's a "dickhe*d" or anything equally hyperbolic I would like to see less talk, more action now. 

I must admit, I expected more movement towards the end of last week and the start of this. I wouldn't say I'm concerned, but I am confused as to what the hold up it is. 

Get shit done fellas. 

Very much this. I have absolutely no interest in what he comes out with on Twitter, none at all, all I care about is him substantially opening his cheque book this window and signing quality.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

None of the "outrage" would be happening outside of your shores ffs.

I don't think it's even happening outside of Villa really. I mentioned it to a couple of non Villa supporting mates, and they didn't really give a s**t.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Okay mate. You're a shit footballer, shit at your job and your shit at FIFA 16. 

Correct on all 3 counts. You learn quick, I'll give you that!.....but wheres the political correctness gone?  I see, its only when it suits!

2 hours ago, av1 said:

So Holloway is 'proper genuine dickhead' because you think he talks crap?  So its perfectly ok for our chairman to talk crap? Can you not see the irony?

Furthermore, its not ok to say something just because it may be correct. 

Yes it is!  Its BOTH correct and honest!......why is that a problem to you?

24 minutes ago, Kingman said:

So our Billionaire business man gets baited on twitter. 

What a **** sorry state of affairs!

That's not true at all. His eyes were wide open and he had time to think before posting the comment. 

Whilst I don't really care, the distinction is an important one. He wasn't "baited", he knew exactly what he was doing. 

• Like 1

Â