Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-fans-condemn-tweeter-11627156

Aston Villa fans have leaped to the defence of Tony Xia after a poster on Twitter tried to trip him up with a Tweet about Jimmy Savillle.

Xia, who joined the social media site this week, was interacting with Villa fans about his plans for the club this evening.

But the Chinese billionaire was tricked into re-tweeting a message about disgraced former DJ and TV presenter Saville.

Xia, who is currently in Beijing hosting a dinner for manager Roberto Di Matteo responded with a firm message.

Villa fans on Twitter have moved to condemn the Saville tweeter and encouraged Xia to continue to communicate with supporters.

I'm concerend that Dr. Xia's really personal tweets are setting himself up for a fall. For example tweeting that Ayew is staying.
Everyone involved could believe that today but in football anything can happen and it could all change very quickly. Then people will just use the fact that he was wrong as a stick to beat him with if things aren't going great.

I hate carefully crafted politically correct PR tweets but sadly in the cess-pool of social media I can only see his honestly and enthusiasm coming back to bite him in the arse.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I'm concerend that Dr. Xia's really personal tweets are setting himself up for a fall. For example tweeting that Ayew is staying.
Everyone involved could believe that today but in football anything can happen and it could all change very quickly. Then people will just use the fact that he was wrong as a stick to beat him with if things aren't going great.

I hate carefully crafted politically correct PR tweets but sadly in the cess-pool of social media I can only see his honestly and enthusiasm coming back to bite him in the arse.

Felt the same regards tweet abou Ayew.  Two things could happen now, 1. Ayew holds Tony to ransom to stay or 2. Ayew leaves and Villa fans loose a bit of faith in Tony.  Players hold all the cards now, he will have to learn that.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Felt the same regards tweet abou Ayew.  Two things could happen now, 1. Ayew holds Tony to ransom to stay or 2. Ayew leaves and Villa fans loose a bit of faith in Tony.  Players hold all the cards now, he will have to learn that.

Or Tony has had it confirmed that that Ayew is staying and that's what happens.

I am assuming Tony is more ITK than us about these things.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Or Tony has had it confirmed that that Ayew is staying and that's what happens.

I am assuming Tony is more ITK than us about these things.

Oh I don't know. There are some people on here who tell us they are very much ITK.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

And there goes the Birmingham Mail..... ****..... why bother putting together an "article" about that. rocket polishers. 

They taken a very careful editorial line though given the clean slate they are currently enjoying with the club.

If anything they've done him a bit of a favour covering it the way they have.

I hope someone thumps that muppet. Not xias fault, how is he suppose to know who Saville is? It's like one of us knowing of a Chinese paedophile celebrity we wouldn't have a clue.

glad the mail haven't made a big issue of this as it's just a stupid fool doing a very unfunny joke

Unfortunately you can't be in Tony's position and mixing it with the fans or general public

sad as it is.....this is the way of the world now......There is no accounting for stupid people.

The minority will always spoil it for the majority.:(

• Like 1

Â