England Euro 2016 Chat

andykeenan

23 minutes ago, Jarpie said:

I think it goes deeper than that, I imagine that the players aren't taught how to "think" football and/or it gets coached out of them when they're playing for the youth teams. I know football and ice hockey are different sports, but we had basically very much the same problem in finnish hockey; we didn't produce the skillful and creative players for 10-15 years, till the finnish hockey federation took a serious look into how youth players are coached, and changed it. It took some years to take a root but we're again producing more skillful or creative players which we were lacking for like a 10-15 years, and our hockey has again more brighter future.

My entire life (I am 46) I have been hearing that the FA need to change grass roots coaching because there is something inherently wrong with English football. 

• Like 2

Can't even beat a man. Where are the **** mavericks? Whst footballers are we **** breeding nowadays. They aren't old school wide players or blood and thunder....they arent the new breed of technical players.

THEY ARE NOTHING FOOTBALLERS. BABIED, SPOILT words removed. NO EDGE. NO NOTHING. I HATE WHERE WE ARE. GIVE ME A SHIT LEAGUE ON ITS ARSE. I AM SICK OF THESE MILLIONAIRE ARSEHOLES.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My entire life (I am 46) I have been hearing that the FA need to change grass roots coaching because there is something inherently wrong with English football. 

Yeah, and will they? No. It doesn't mean it isn't true if it's been said for ages, it just means that it's been broken for ages.

• Like 1

Just wait till world Cup qualifying next season. 

Finish top of the group against a bunch of nobodies and suddenly we will be tipped as one of the favorites.   Recycle. 

• Like 2

I'm going to let off some steam like any England fan should. I'm going to throw my patio chairs through a window

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

Trevor Brooking will probably be doing the rounds tomorrow, talking about how England need to change from the grassroots upwards. That's what seems to happen after every international tournament.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Abysmal footballer in every aspect. It is quite unbelievable.

The same will happen to Rashford, they get given too much way too soon and the players start believing their own hype.

Sterling

Walcott

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Barkley

They have a breakout season at an early age, get given huge contracts and then fade into nothing. We've seen it ourselves to a degree with Jack.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jarpie said:

Yeah, and will they? No. It doesn't mean it isn't true if it's been said for ages, it just means that it's been broken for ages.

That's what I mean.   It's like all sports and political committees  it's run by people more I interested in what they can get out of it,  how much power and prestige,  how many  freebies and what fantastic dinners and foreign jaunts they can go on.  They have no interest in actually sorting out problems and issues in the sport.   I mean if they were to highly pay a load of talented youth coaches to go forth and change the game they might have to move their AGM to Rhyl and move their dinners from the Ritz to The Premier Inn. 

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm going to let off some steam like any England fan should. I'm going to throw my patio chairs through a window

Not even a racist attack on a takeaway?

Just what we need, another bottler.

:P

• Like 2

It was just like watching Villa last season. Initial optimism quickly ripped away by an abject display of utter incompetence. No movement, no fight, no idea. Apathy sets in and you just accept your fate, we are shit. 

Ah isn't football fun! 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Whilst the rest of the country froths at the mouth, as an Aston Villa fan it's just another day at the office. 

Have we made it to 16 points yet? 

Screen shot and whatsapp'd.

• Like 1

Same as we have been all tournament, nothing in final third. Substitutions were clueless, how Rooney stayed on so long is beyond me. Has Barkley **** Roy's mom? 

Worst England tournament manager ever? 

Who next though...(I'm guessing our Gareth)

• Like 1