England Euro 2016 Chat

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I don't disagree really, I hope someone makes Hart watch De Gea and Buffon's performances in the game yesterday. That's what you call good goalkeeping. 

As for Kane, why on earth was he still taking free kicks. Absolutely shocking. 

Please somebody send me a gif of that 41m Ronaldo attempt. Absolute comedy. 

Can't agree with you there Trent. Whilst Roy was obviously a factor that performance was mental capitulation pure and simple. We started off in a similar vein to the last games but as soon as we went behind we fell of a cliff performance wise. 

So many different managers so many different players always the same result. 

8 hours ago, AshVilla said:

I'm not ashamed to admit i don't really care England are out

It used to bother me when we used to get knocked out but in the past few tournaments we have been utter shite apathy i guess

Agreed. I was actually thinking about the positives: NO MORE WOY!

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I never knew there were so many professional football managers on Facebook :D UEFA are just a bunch of corrupt, unelected officials anyway, we will start our own competition (and lose).

*starts 1-team 'English Cup'*

*somehow loses it*

Jesus they can go on. Iceland were good, England picked a poor squad before the tournament started. What did they expect? I'm English but there's a reason I had Icelanders in my fantasy team last night. 

10 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Can't agree with you there Trent. Whilst Roy was obviously a factor that performance was mental capitulation pure and simple. We started off in a similar vein to the last games but as soon as we went behind we fell of a cliff performance wise. 

So many different managers so many different players always the same result. 

It was a factor for sure but it wasnMt the cause. The cause of that performance was a lack of tactics or proper preparation, the complete lack of structure to the play or settled selection.

I agree with you re we've had the same issues for decades and generally I agree to the players but not this time, this one was down to the manager.

56 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Players were poor but Hodgson is the man responsible for that utter shambles.

Southgate.... Shudder

sorry but that isnt true. how can you play hodgeson for kanes terrible free kicks and waste of play? his tactics were poor no doubt but the players have to take responsibility for this absolute embarrassment. I would go as far and say wales are better than us now

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

sorry but that isnt true. how can you play hodgeson for kanes terrible free kicks and waste of play? his tactics were poor no doubt but the players have to take responsibility for this absolute embarrassment. I would go as far and say wales are better than us now

Well why Is Kane taking the pissing things?!

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Well why Is Kane taking the pissing things?!

I have no idea i would assume its the players who agree who takes them. his freekicks were absolutely woeful and he should be ashamed of himself tonight

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I have no idea i would assume its the players who agree who takes them. his freekicks were absolutely woeful and he should be ashamed of himself tonight

Oh come on Dem, it's down to the manager or should be. 

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Oh come on Dem, it's down to the manager or should be. 

So its always the managers fault Trent that we can never win a QF game? Sorry I dont buy that players have to take responsibility. All this rubbish from Crouch about pressure. Playing iceland is like United playing Barnet. The players are a national embarrassment

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So its always the managers fault Trent that we can never win a QF game? Sorry I dont buy that players have to take responsibility. All this rubbish from Crouch about pressure. Playing iceland is like United playing Barnet. The players are a national embarrassment

If you aren't even reading what I write I'm going to give up here.

It's not Kane taking free kicks that's the problem, it was the fact he kept taking them, 4 games and he didn't deliver a decent ball from any of them. Keep doing the same and expecting a different result each time, insanity.

all these players that flopped so spectacularly will no doubt go on to have a brilliant season, watch Kane bang in 20+ goals, sturridge likewise, then England will start the WC qualifiers by picking these players in wrong positions just to get them in the side.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Did anybody in the squad have a genuinely good tournament? 

Thought Dier did his job well for the most part.

Walker played well in the early games but always a suspcion one we got to the high pressure KO stages him and the defence would mentally collapse as well they're just not that good are they?

Midfield ahead of Dier was just a total mess wasn't it in balance. I'd say to Rooney if you can't hack it as a striker anymore you won't be getting called up anymore, no cosy semi retirement in midfield.

Upfront I genuinely thought England would do some damage given the amount of goals the strikers had been scoring in the prem but again constantly changing the attackers and Kane had a shocking tournament. 

• Like 1