Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

On 5/16/2016 at 15:06, Genie said:

We're close to being ready for a serious push for promotion next year. Just lacking new owner, new manager, new backroom staff and the bulk of a brand new first team. Other than that we're in a very strong position.

First one done mate :thumb:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

It might not be that good if we get promoted. There won't be any other Birmingham teams for derbies in the prem in the 2017/18 season

You should probably follow a local team if you want more derbies.

54 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Next season will be tough, i would be happy with a top 6 finish with signs of real progress at the very least.

Rome wasn't built in a day..

I think we absolutely have to get promoted next season.

2 seasons outside the mega-money premier league deal, and parachute payments starting to decrease, and we would end up the next Leeds.

Even if we got promoted second season, 2 seasons outside premier league will cost at least £200m.  We'll end up struggling to stay in the Premier league after that point.

19 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I think we absolutely have to get promoted next season.

2 seasons outside the mega-money premier league deal, and parachute payments starting to decrease, and we would end up the next Leeds.

Even if we got promoted second season, 2 seasons outside premier league will cost at least £200m.  We'll end up struggling to stay in the Premier league after that point.

I understand your point, it is vital that we do get promoted next season however i just cannot see this happening.

Unless we keep hold of our best players i.e (Ayew, Gueye,Amavi, Traore), clear the deadwood and sign the right players, have the right manager with the right backroom staff. Then we will have a chance. 

The real question is how can AVFC achieve promotion next season?

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

well Dr Xia says it could be between 5-7 players coming, combined with youngsters so I cant see  a onslaught of players leaving

Agreed, I think this means only the players we want to leave will go.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Agreed, I think this means only the players we want to leave will go.

Hopefully. As shit as some of them are, they aren't playing Premier League teams every week. The likes of Lescott, Richards, Guzan and Gabby are the ones we need shot of. I think some others were just part of a bad team rather than being spectacularly shit individuals themselves.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Hopefully. As shit as some of them are, they aren't playing Premier League teams every week. The likes of Lescott, Richards, Guzan and Gabby are the ones we need shot of. I think some others were just part of a bad team rather than being spectacularly shit individuals themselves.

Of Gabby can drop the weight he should score some goal in the Championship... Shouldn't he?

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

You would hope so. I just don't think the desire is there for him anymore. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm thinking if he leaves us he'll probably go to a Championship side, and imo score goals so may aswell hang on to him if the new manager thinks he can get a tune out of him.

Dr Tony won't be interested in pushing for promotion. He will already have his people working on how we can leapfrog all that nonsesnse and move swiftly into our rightful position amongst the world's top 3 clubs,

• Like 1

I'm genuinely excited now for next season. I've been thinking the last couple of weeks about getting a ST, mainly because I've never had one and there will be a lot of away games close to my home that I'd like to go to.

I think the new owner (regardless) is of course a positive move. We have no idea what he will be like (what owner takes over a relatively big side and doesnt say wel get back to Europe etc - it's pretty much a given that they all, within reason, say it).

I think he is also right to suggest wel be back in the top flight at the first attempt. 20-50m with the right manager is plenty - in theory, we should piss it. However, my main concern is the sheer damage within that dressing room and how quickly we can turn that around. I don't think I've come across a dressing room in such disarray and it really isn't a guaranteed quick fix with a few new faces. Ask QPR. 

Nevertheless, we are certainly raking steps in the right direction and if next season, we can have 11 players busting a gut for the cause il be happy. 

You don't need to be spending millions and millions to be near the top in this league, likes of Brighton and Sheff Weds barely spend anything.

20m should be more than enough as long as we clear out the ones we obviously need to.

Try our best to keep likes of Amavi, Gana, Ayew and Adama by saying it's only one year out of top flight and we should be up there.

Then the real money to get us back in the top half of the premier league can be spent. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

You don't need to be spending millions and millions to be near the top in this league, likes of Brighton and Sheff Weds barely spend anything.

20m should be more than enough as long as we clear out the ones we obviously need to.

Try our best to keep likes of Amavi, Gana, Ayew and Adama by saying it's only one year out of top flight and we should be up there.

Then the real money to get us back in the top half of the premier league can be spent. 

Spot on. The Championship is determined more by team morale, cohension and tactical genius than tens of millions of pounds worth of investment and plastic players. It's looking reminiscent of the old Division 1 more than ever now.

• Like 1

This is not going to be easy..

These Championship teams that are being mentioned did not build a squad in one summer.. 

There needs to be a sense of realism i mean look how much QPR have spent and look where they are.

1 hour ago, Reivax_Villa said:

This is not going to be easy..

These Championship teams that are being mentioned did not build a squad in one summer.. 

There needs to be a sense of realism i mean look how much QPR have spent and look where they are.

The problem is with QPR they bought mercenaries, just there for a big wage. As people have pointed out, morale and work rate will be so important with our new players.

5 hours ago, 7392craig said:

The problem is with QPR they bought mercenaries, just there for a big wage. As people have pointed out, morale and work rate will be so important with our new players.

IMHO it all stems from the top, QPR's owner was clueless about football and a bit soft, bit like Randy, Dr Tone deffo has a lot  more about him, let alone the firing squad that awaits him upon failure.

Â