The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

To be honest anyone who gets a season ticket based on rumours especially after the past couple of seasons deserve everything that they get coming to them.

Still, if I was thinking of not renewing due to total disillusionment (I'm not) and I.believed rumors it migh persuade me otherwise.

I wouldn't put that train of thought past this club

10 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Where has this 8 parties thing come from?

SSN have it on their website.

Sky Sports News HQ understands there are as many as eight groups which have come forward to buy the now-relegated Premier League club.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/10252514/aston-villa-supporting-consortium-in-pole-position-to-buy-club

We had so many different rumours last summer I just don't believe it now. 

I'm hoping something happens soon. I don't buy the idea that a lower price attracts a chance type. Do many chances have a spare £75 million sitting around?  

I think a lower price makes us a better deal because we're clearly not worth what Lerner has valued us at for the last two years.

I'd rather a smart business man taking the right price at £75 million than another clueless billionaire willing to pay more in a few years time. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We had so many different rumours last summer I just don't believe it now. 

I'm hoping something happens soon. I don't buy the idea that a lower price attracts a chance type. Do many chances have a spare £75 million sitting around?  

I think a lower price makes us a better deal because we're clearly not worth what Lerner has valued us at for the last two years.

I'd rather a smart business man taking the right price at £75 million than another clueless billionaire willing to pay more in a few years time. 

Yeah I think in terms of a valuation you are right we can't be far off the price what Lerner paid IMO, if it's more then only because 10 years have passed. 

As for chancers and the quality of a buyer, that's a minefield really, look at Yeung and the Venky's and a whole string of people rich enough to buy clubs that are not good news for the club. Look at Pompey... 

If there really are 8 parties interested, then at least Lerner and Hollis can pick the "best" of the bunch in terms of our security and what they say their ambitions are.

Lottery though.

Does this club owe any money to randy on top of the sale price? When he bought off the debt did he lend us money to cover it? Or was he generously splashing cash?

Take it a loan would have to be paid back on top of any fee?

The Birmingham Mail understands that plans for a takeover at Aston Villa are finally gathering pace.

Three separate groups are believed to have been granted access to the books as owner Randy Lerner looks to offload the relegated club.

Potential buyers from the United Kingdom, the United States and China are understood to have all offered the £100 million asking price and have been allowed to carry out due diligence.

Reports elsewhere today have suggested that the mystery British consortium - said to be made up of wealthy Villa fans - are closing in on a deal and that it could progress towards a conclusion by the weekend.

That scenario would seem premature, according to the version of events that we have been given.

Earlier this week Villa were still encouraging other interested parties to enter the process, which relies on the satisfactory completion of two main documents - a non disclosure agreement and a buyers' questionnaire, including proof of funds and solicitor and accountancy details.

It is being handled by law firm Squire Patton Boggs, which has offices in London.

The Birmingham Mail has been told that Lerner is still keen to ensure the Villa is sold to a buyer with the club's best interests at heart, although the owner is more determined than ever for a takeover to go through after several aborted attempts since making known his intention to sell.

It is believed that the closest he has been to selling Villa was around May 2014, when a deal with American billionaires Josh Harris and David Blitzer narrowly failed to reach completion. The duo instead invested in Crystal Palace last December.

There does seem to be a realistic prospect of a takeover happening this time - and Sir Mervyn King has hinted heavily about a sale since resigning from his short spell on the board on Monday.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-takeover-latest-heres-11223255

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Randy Lerner can't get this wrong..... right?

Where have you been for the last 10 years pal? :P

25 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Yeah I think in terms of a valuation you are right we can't be far off the price what  IMO, if it's more then only because 10 years have passed. 

As for chancers and the quality of a buyer, that's a minefield really, look at Yeung and the Venky's and a whole string of people rich enough to buy clubs that are not good news for the club. Look at Pompey... 

If there really are 8 parties interested, then at least Lerner and Hollis can pick the "best" of the bunch in terms of our security and what they say their ambitions are.

Lottery though.

I know there's dodgy people out there but I don't think a more reasonable price means there's more chance of someone useless buying us . i'd rather a self made millionaire than someone like Lerner who has inherited his money and worth more. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

This sounds like it might actually happen.  Just hoping and praying we get an owner(s) with money, brains and a genuine interest in transforming the club. 

I'd take the two latter characteristics. Money would be a bonus.

Randolph has the money and neither of the other two and look where that's got us.

• Like 1

Potential buyers from the UK, the US and China??

So that's Ellison, Wang and this UK Euro Consortium covered then. 

Either there's a billionaire bidding war going on, or the Mail is covering all the bases.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Godders said:

Potential buyers from the UK, the US and China??

So that's Ellison, Wang and this UK Euro Consortium covered then. 

Either there's a billionaire bidding war going on, or the Mail is covering all the bases.

It did look to me that they are covering all the bases. But no real link to anything, just `the Mail understands' type stuff.

However, what I would say is that King knows something, and he seemed happy that whoever he is aware of has the money to take us forward.

• Like 3