The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

Just now, dubbs said:

Bet they don't have $34 billion. Consortium out!!!'

Just now, dubbs said:

Bet they don't have $34 billion. Consortium out!!!'

I'll happily settle for $33 billion 

On 18 April 2016 at 21:53, NorthernGordon said:

Match fixing? We've been losing on purpose? 

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So no super Billionaires then :unsure:. Baaah Humbug!!!

After the last 10 years, just not being a brain dead rocket polisher would be good enough for me. 

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep.

The lower the price, the less chance we have of improvement.

Yet we got a billionaire last time at a much lower price than we are going for this time. This consortium for all we know could be a group of guys all worth a few billion each not really enthused about spending all of their money in reviving a club, but are more than happy putting in £25-£50 million a season for a while. I mean yes for us to spend Man City kind of money we need one uber rich person, but you can achieve the same thing wither several modestly rich people.

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Can it really get much worse though? We've currently been relegated, an absent owner, no manager, and the board of quit after just a month in the job.  It would take one mighty **** up to beat that!

It can always get worse mate.

You should know that being a Villa fan :D

Let's hope whoever takes over has a clue. It would make a nice change to act like a football club again.

• Like 3

Just now, Daweii said:

Yet we got a billionaire last time at a much lower price than we are going for this time. This consortium for all we know could be a group of guys all worth a few billion each not really enthused about spending all of their money in reviving a club, but are more than happy putting in £25-£50 million a season for a while. I mean yes for us to spend Man City kind of money we need one uber rich person, but you can achieve the same thing wither several modestly rich people.

That wasn't really what I meant.

It's not necessarily about the cash they can spend on us.

The lower the price, the more chance of some chancer "giving it a go".
They might be better than Lerner, but I'd rather wait longer to get a better takeover

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Dont like consortiums.  They never work out well, to many cooks and all that.

Might spring the big boys into action though if there are any.

Having a sole owner hasn't exactly worked out for us.....

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

It can always get worse mate.

You should know that being a Villa fan :D

Let's hope whoever takes over has a clue. It would make a nice change to act like a football club again.

Ha that's true! Fingers crossed! 

All I do know, is that under Lerner, we are going one way. The whole club needs a reboot and a fresh start. So for now, I'm going to choose to be semi-excited about this news :) 

Edited by PieFacE

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

They might be better than Lerner, but I'd rather wait longer to get a better takeover

How long ? 

Considering where we are right now 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Well, the possibility also remains that we could have one takeover bring us back up and stabilise us, then another to take us to the next level. A la Man City etc.

A group of Aston Villa-supporting businessmen are in pole position to purchase the club from Randy Lerner in a deal which could rise to £100m, according to Sky sources.

The consortium - which is partly based in the UK, partly in mainland Europe - is now carrying out due diligence having been given access to the club's accounts.

Significant progress has already been made as American Lerner looks to sell the club he has owned for almost a decade.

Sky Sports News HQ understands there are as many as eight groups which have come forward to buy the now-relegated Premier League club.

The departure of Mervyn King and David Bernstein from the board has left the club in turmoil. However cost-cutting and the announcement of 500 job losses at Villa Park, has cleared the path for meaningful takeover talks.

Negotiations were continuing on Thursday with lawyers in Birmingham and London and are at a key stage, with sources indicating significant progress towards a deal could be made in the next 48 hours.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/10252514/aston-villa-supporting-consortium-in-pole-position-to-buy-club

Article about it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swerbs said:

It better not be Howard Hodgson.

Exactly what im scared off.  Load of Aston Villa fans/business men who think they are big time charlies but dont have a pot to p1ss in once they have it bought.  I doubt Lerner would want any assurances that its in good hands either!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

How long ? 

Considering where we are right now 

Dunno. Just saying, I think the desperation to get rid of Lerner might not be the best thing.

• Like 2