The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

Sky Sports Investigating on SSN are reporting a group of businessmen that are Villa fans have got a consortium together, some UK based and some based in mainland Europe are in pole position to buy us. Been granted due diligence and exclusivity to the clubs accounts. Price rising up to £100m apparently. Stated there could be an announcement in next 48 hours!

Please be true. He seemed very matter of fact about it, not speculative. Anybody else see this?!

• Like 1

SSN have just said a British supporting buisness men,partly based UK and partly in Europe are in Due Dilligance now and have exclusive access to Villa and lawyers in London and Birmingham and announcement could come within 48 hours.

SSN have just said a British supporting buisness men,partly based UK and partly in Europe are in Due Dilligance now and have exclusive access to Villa and lawyers in London and Birmingham and announcement could come within 48 hours.

I await news of a Howard Hodgson consortium

Wait for it..

Just now, westholmevillan said:

Think you could be spot on. Things beginning to make sense....at long last!

I doubt it though.  The resignation would have had something to do with conflicts of interest, instead of 'piss off Randy'.  And there's no reason for the email shenanigans stories either.

Yay for takeover. Slightly disappointing though, consortium scare me a little bit.  Though,  at least they will take more care of the club then Randy has. 

Edited by PieFacE

Just now, PieFacE said:

Yay for takeover. Slightly disappointing though but all I know is that at least they will take more care of the club then Randy has. 

Unfortunately we don't know that. That's the big worry.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Dont like consortiums.  They never work out well, to many cooks and all that.

Might spring the big boys into action though if there are any.

I'd rather have a too many cooks scenario than our current scenario of one overly shit cook running the show..

• Like 1

To link the stories together, the stories about Ellison all mention him and a UK consortium. Could yet be both. Could yet be no one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Unfortunately we don't know that. That's the big worry.

Can it really get much worse though? We've currently been relegated, an absent owner, no manager, and the board have quit after just a month in the job.  It would take one mighty **** up to beat that!

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 3

Just now, midian said:

Funny how the season ticket prices been announced if they expect an announcement on takeover in 48 hours

Yeh all businesses just stop running during M&A periods (some that drag on for months and then fall through) :huh:

• Like 1