The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

Every day, in fact if I was honest many times every day, I click on VT and hope I wont be able to log on.  The site has gone down or whatever it is happens when the Big News hits.

But I always can.

I know, (hope), soon, I won't be able to.

So I have another go, just to see..............................................this time.................

• Like 1

Just to clarify, Alan Nixon didn't make the 'game changing' comment, that was 'ShelleyOzzy'. When asked about the Chinese links, Alan Nixon did later say that some of the names mention in the Mail article are wrong, but he said there is Chinese Government backing.

• Like 1

Think I've seen a thread about it but could not find it, anyhow...

How do people feel about naming rights to Villa Park should we be taken over?

I think I'd be OK with it as long as the deal is good enough and the name isn't too silly.

I will still call it Villa Park regardless.

2 hours ago, sne said:

I think I'd be OK with it as long as the deal is good enough and the name isn't too silly.

For me its a bad time to ask - at this precise moment they could call it 'a great big stinking turd where all the stinking filth people go' as long as we get SOLD NOW

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

For me its a bad time to ask - at this precise moment they could call it 'a great big stinking turd where all the stinking filth people go' as long as we get SOLD NOW

St. Andrews.

Randy's gonna F*** this up isn't he?

He'll want another 10mill on top of whatever plus a bonus for achieving this that or the other, % of players sold.....etc.

This guy is the death of us. A slow painfull one that never seems to end whilst we sink to a lower and humiliating embarassment.

2 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

He'll want another 10mill on top of whatever plus a bonus for achieving this that or the other, % of players sold.....etc.

This guy is the death of us. A slow painfull one that never seems to end whilst we sink to a lower and humiliating embarassment.

Cheer up, it's the weekend.

3 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

By the law of averages he must get something right. My fear is we keep holding off on appointing a manager, then the takeover collapses and all the better managers are taken. To me you protect your asset by preparing for next season as normal. If the takeover happens then all well and good, if not then we have been preparing for the forthcoming season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

I'm fine with it because it's the only way you can truly compete. Yes Leicester kinda prove me wrong as they won the league with a team worth £20 million, but they are once in a generation thing. I mean the last time we were "celebrating" someone out of the Big 4 winning the league it was Blackburn in the 90's. So yeah if having to rename the stadium the Rui Kang Arena to get a free £300 million that FFP don't give a shit about then so be it. To me it will always be Villa Park but we need money and selling stadium rights is a good way to make some insane funds in this day and age. 

• Like 1