The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

30 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Only villa would be taken over (I realise nothing is set in stone yet) and it be completely unclear whether the perspective owners have any bloody money.

If you don't know precisely who the fundholders are - its rarely good news . Rui Kang seem to be just fronting it, it doesn't seem feasible that they are stumping up all the cash - unless its leverage, which I thought the FA had outlawed

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its better option though than that ice hockey bloke at least. If Ellison was interested and Lerner turned him down for these guys it would seem odd if they were not as wealthy as him

The Ice Hockey bloke looks comparable. The 'advantage' the Chinese have is the mystery element - so all though 'Rui Kang' don't amount to much, we are all hoping that they secretly have access to billions. But based on what know at this point in time  neither looks ready to pump billions in.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

The Ice Hockey bloke looks comparable. The 'advantage' the Chinese have is the mystery element - so all though 'Rui Kang' don't amount to much, we are all hoping that they secretly have access to billions. But based on what know at this point in time  neither looks ready to pump billions in.

But they cant really pump billions in due to FFP, 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Bugger, if he is having to walk from Shanghai to HK, it will add a couple of weeks to the takeover. Hope he has all the right paperwork with him.

I just hope he doesn't have a map from General Krulak, he may have accidentally given him military targets to be bombed instead. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

OK - the point I was making is that neither the ice hockey geezer, or Rui Kang seem to be wealthy in football terms.

Edited by hippo
  • Like 1

I think a Chinese consortium would be more likely to get around FFP - or not worry about it - to splash the cash and get the return quicker.  The potential market is vast, so having to buy the occasional Chinese 'star' to boost the shirt sales would be likely.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, andyh said:

Does FFP even apply in the Championship?

I think so, but different from the Premiership.  IIRC Leicester and Bournemouth both broke the rules but seem to have got away without any bother.

19 minutes ago, andyh said:

I beleive it's the football league version, only enforcable by the football league. If you're not in the football league, there are no sanctions.

Leicester and Bournemouth have had no ill effects as they're in the Premiership. If either were to be relegated, then they'd be penalised.

Basically, FFP should be a non-issue if we go up quickly and stay up I think.

10 minutes ago, andyh said:

yes. 

There are 3 different FFP rules - Uefa FFP for teams in europe, Premier League FFP and Championship FFP.

QPR have fallen foul of the Championship FFP, and Leicester is currently under investigation. 

27 minutes ago, rubberman said:

I think so, but different from the Premiership.  IIRC Leicester and Bournemouth both broke the rules but seem to have got away without any bother.

Not quite got away with it without bother, Bournemouth have just been fined £7.6m.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/10267899/bournemouth-fined-16376m-after-breaching-financial-fair-play-rules

But compared to the money they have made in the Premiership that is nothing.

We could however be subject to a transfer embargo if we breach FFP.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/

If you scroll down past the Premiership stuff there is stuff about the Championship and the new rules thta were voted in recently (plus some talk of a potential £50m fine for QPR).

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Didn't City get around it by the owners company sponsoring the stadium for a ridiculously amount, yearly? Sponsorship factors into FFP doesn't it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry said:

So in summary the possible new owners that nobody know anything about are awful.

This is Villa Talk, everybody is awful until proven otherwise.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Well you could if you were prepared to pay the fine and have a 12 month transfer embargo

1 minute ago, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

Oh goody. Another FFP disscusion.

Can't wait for all this to be over.

we haven't spoken about depreciation and amortisation in such a long time

9 minutes ago, Richard said:

we haven't spoken about depreciation and amortisation in such a long time

Haha, those were the days. I wonder what Mark Ansell is up to these days?

46 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Didn't City get around it by the owners company sponsoring the stadium for a ridiculously amount, yearly? Sponsorship factors into FFP doesn't it?

Can see it now "The Dragon Herbs Park"