The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

12 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Cheers for the info - I'm guessing you work in finance in Hong Kong?

Good guess ;-)

It may be that some people behind these listed companies are involved in a bid, but on past form (Birmingham International Holdings Ltd) you'd be very, very wary.

• Like 4

Thank god it's the end of Lerner, exciting times for villa fans in my opinion. If Chinese government are involved they are bloody loaded.

also Reilly getting sacked for comolli is great news.  Reilly has a complete disaster at least comolli has some success, and is a experienced football man unlike fox. But I'm going to guess little, bevington and Hollis don't fit into new model. 

It's difficult to guess whether our new owners will be rich or poor, but I would assume that they would want to own a football club to be successful...? Which in the modern age requires money, that or some sort of moneyball approach but we tried that with the Tonev's, etc. I'm not all over how FFP works but presumably we could spend a quick £100m in the summer and it not be a problem providing we had income that didn't result in significant losses over a three year period... (Or something?). Presumably parachute payments are included in the income, as is any new sponsorship deal and player sales, so we could be OK. Or if the new owners can do a Man City and effectively 'sponsor' ourselves that would be sweet.

8 hours ago, thabucks said:

Jesus has been talked about for 2000 odd years doesn't mean he existed. Fantasy thinking and click bait IMO 

I think that it's without doubt, that Jesus existed. Whether or not he did all the things that are Claimed in the bible is debatable ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Thank god it's the end of Lerner, exciting times for villa fans in my opinion. If Chinese government are involved they are bloody loaded.

also Reilly getting sacked for comolli is great news.  Reilly has a complete disaster at least comolli has some success, and is a experienced football man unlike fox. But I'm going to guess little, bevington and Hollis don't fit into new model. 

They'll be smart to keep Little, let's hope they do.

(If "they" even exist, because I fear another Lerner smokescreen could be in full effect right now)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I think that it's without doubt, that Jesus existed. Whether or not he did all the things that are Claimed in the bible is debatable ;)

Based on a book written by a committee 300 plus years after. OK ?! But that's for another thread. 

so back to our potential Chinese takeaway. The euphoria soon gets placed with trepidation. 

14 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Based on a book written by a committee 300 plus years after. OK ?! But that's for another thread. 

There is other (non religious) evidence but, as you say, for another time/thread........

• Like 1