The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

3 hours ago, Harry said:

So in summary the possible new owners that nobody know anything about are awful.

Well we have some information about the companies that have been muted (Rui Kang) . Basically they don't have much cash in football terms. 

Personally I don't think it is them.

3 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

So,...all we really know so far is that, someone may or may not take us over but we dont know who or how much $$$ they really have....I see.

I must write that down.

corrected

I did some digging and found that China Wah Yen Healthcare's main shareholder is a US-based investment management company called Dimensional Fund Advisors who apparently manage billions of dollars worth of investment.  I'm not sure they are taking over directly, but maybe a front for an investor to anonymously act behind.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I did some digging and found that China Wah Yen Healthcare's main shareholder is a US-based investment management company called Dimensional Fund Advisors who apparently manage billions of dollars worth of investment.  I'm not sure they are taking over directly, but maybe a front for an investor to anonymously act behind.  

Really? I know that firm as they own a small stake in NedBank, with whom I do a lot of work with.

Provide a range of mutual funds via financial advisers and insurance brokers. Wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility that such a company would want to invest in a football team, as they definitely have a product range worth promoting. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Really? I know that firm as they own a small stake in NedBank, with whom I do a lot of work with.

Provide a range of mutual funds via financial advisers and insurance brokers. Wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility that such a company would want to invest in a football team, as they definitely have a product range worth promoting. 

It was on the Morning Star website. Also I found a company called Atlantis Investment Management are involved.  

• Like 1

Nothing really new here but its interestingly making the China news now and the presidents demands that football needs to improve as will a vital part of the Chinese economy. not sure how we will fit into that. 

Hong Kong-listed Chinese firm ‘set to buy Aston Villa’– report

Reports in England claim company focused on pharmaceuticals wants to branch out into football

A Hong Kong-listed investment company is set to buy English football club Aston Villa, according to a report in the Mirror.

Rui Kang Pharmaceutical Group Investments Limited, which describes itself as “a Sino-foreign joint equity venture in the People’s Republic of China”, is closing in on a £75 million (HK$840 million) deal for the storied club, who were relegated from the English Premier League this season.

Calls to Rui Kang’s Hong Kong office went unanswered today.

Villa’s current owner, American Randy Lerner, has been keen to sell for a considerable time.

According to its website, Rui Kang’s principal business is making drugs and health products in mainland China, providing health services in Hong Kong and trading securities in HK.

If the purchase is confirmed, Rui Kang would be the latest Chinese firm to get involved in sport and football.

At one end of the scale, real estate giant Wanda bought a stake in Atletico Madrid and China Media Capital part of Manchester City; at the other, toy-car manufacturer Rastar Group bought Spanish club Espanyol and HK-listed lighting company Ledus bought French club Sochaux.

The moves come after Chinese president Xi Jinping demanded the country’s football improve, and after the government proclaimed that sport would become a key part of the economy in coming years.

Please Bring the exciting times back

Hmmm, a word of caution on one of the Chinese buyouts mentioned in that article above: http://www.scmp.com/sport/hong-kong/article/1906451/why-fans-french-club-sochaux-fear-takeover-hong-kong-company-could

Very early days on the other recent Chinese takeover, Espanyol, that completed in January this year, the new owner has set his sights high considering they are currently 15th: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/22/espanyol-owner-chen-yansheng-champions-league

Edited by AvfcTheObsession

There is a difference between us and Sochaux.

Sochaux to but it bluntly are a shit tier team in a shit tier league bought out by a company looking to expand their market reach in France. Ledus clearly didn't do their research as any company that did would have bought a Ligue 1 team that hovers around mid-table or hell just buy an English team.

Aston Villa are huge even in the Championship we are worth more to advertisers and companies around the world than most teams in the world. Sure we may be bought by a company that leaves us to die in 3 seasons from now, but the likely hood is so slim. We are in a completely different scenario to Sochaux, but feel free if our new overlords give up and liquidate us to say "I told you so". 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Daweii said:

There is a difference between us and Sochaux.

Sochaux to but it bluntly are a shit tier team in a shit tier league bought out by a company looking to expand their market reach in France. Ledus clearly didn't do their research as any company that did would have bought a Ligue 1 team that hovers around mid-table or hell just buy an English team.

Aston Villa are huge even in the Championship we are worth more to advertisers and companies around the world than most teams in the world. Sure we may be bought by a company that leaves us to die in 3 seasons from now, but the likely hood is so slim. We are in a completely different scenario to Sochaux, but feel free if our new overlords give up and liquidate us to say "I told you so". 

It isn't a 'told you so' situation, I just decided to do a bit of research on the two clubs that article mentioned as being owned by Chinese groups. I don't know much about French football, but I saw that Sochaux won the cup in 2007 and have spent a lot of time in the top-flight recently, so to be in danger of going down to the third level, the owners have to take some flack.

I would agree that the chances of it happening to us are slimmer, as at 10x the price we will attract more serious players, I just remain cautious when I think of other takeovers from that part of the world (Vincent Tan, Venkys, and a certain team very close to home!)

2 minutes ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

It isn't a 'told you so' situation, I just decided to do a bit of research on the two clubs that article mentioned as being owned by Chinese groups. I don't know much about French football, but I saw that Sochaux won the cup in 2007 and have spent a lot of time in the top-flight recently, so to be in danger of going down to the third level, the owners have to take some flack.

I would agree that the chances of it happening to us are slimmer, as at 10x the price we will attract more serious players, I just remain cautious when I think of other takeovers from that part of the world (Vincent Tan, Venkys, and a certain team very close to home!)

Sochaux recently got relegated to Ligue 2, before that they'd spend 66 consecutive years in ligue 1. More than PSG. 

2 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

Sochaux recently got relegated to Ligue 2, before that they'd spend 66 consecutive years in ligue 1. More than PSG. 

So with good owners you'd have expected them to have more chance of returning to Ligue 1 than being concerned about relegation to the third tier, however I guess with a sale price of 7m euros sadly you attract allsorts.