The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

I'm beginning to think that there is no takeover.

looking back to since DB/MK came, I think its possible that the following has happened.

DB, MK & BL looked at the playing/management/staff.

They asked RG his opinions, Remi probably said that xyz must go and abc must happen otherwise he sees no point in him carrying on.

DB & MK set out a plan for who's in & who's out.

RL didnt like it as he just wants as much money back as possible.

RL told a lie to DB/MK that new buyers are interested.

DB & MK resigned, MK calling his bluff in public.

Nothings happened so far because nothing will.

RL is just one big F*** up

2 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

looking back to since DB/MK came, I think its possible that the following has happened.

They asked RG his opinions, Remi probably said that xyz must go and abc must happen otherwise he sees no point in him carrying on.

I think there is something happening this time. Whether it will come to fruition, who knows.

If you recall, King talked about a takeover being under way, and with some confidence and optimism about the possible new owners. That suggests that not only was something happening, but, as a director he would know who was involved, and he was happy with them.

I think it's pretty clear that something is/has been happening but as AntrimBlack says, it's whether it comes off.

No doubt if things fall through (as they apparently have done in past summers) people will just claim it was all club "PR" to sell season tickets.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 4

Who on earth would actually get a season ticket just because a few press reports are saying we might get a takeover? :lol:

Surely if that's your criteria you actually wait until it happens and then see what sort of manager and signings they make.

For those already renewing or getitng season tickets I imagine it's just what they do regardless of who runs the club and fair play to them for the loyalty. 

If I was buying a football club, and it's been a while since I did, I'd definitely wait until said club are relegated, the season is over and all the nasty cost-saving firings have already happened. Why come in and be public enemy number one?

I don't expect to hear anything for another couple of weeks.

53 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Who on earth would actually get a season ticket just because a few press reports are saying we might get a takeover? :lol:

Surely if that's your criteria you actually wait until it happens and then see what sort of manager and signings they make.

For those already renewing or getitng season tickets I imagine it's just what they do regardless of who runs the club and fair play to them for the loyalty. 

No idea, but that's usually the stock response to any kind of good news/rumours people hear about Villa. It's just like whenever we're linked to good players people just drone on about "club PR", ignoring the fact that journos have been known to make shit up all the time with regards to transfers.

I doubt they'd mention anything until the season is over. If we haven't heard anything by next week that's when I'll believe there's no takeover happening.

Edited by Ginko

4 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

There is a takeover of that there is no doubt.  Patience is a virtue 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I'm going to have a sneaky punt at 10-1 on us winning championship based on the takeover talk. 

But I doubt anyone in their right would buy a season ticket because of it! 

Newcastle will walk that league next year.

We won't get close to them.

3 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Newcastle will walk that league next year.

We won't get close to them.

All depends - way too many unknowns to make predictions at this stage.  Our team will be completely different, as will Newcastle's.

• Like 2