The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

22 minutes ago, ccfcman said:

Are we still waiting to become an official Championship side so as to have complete Football League ratification?

I ask this because it appears the Swansea deal is done.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/05/swansea-city-takeover-premier-league

Or is this just in the same way that ours is "complete", ie. they've agreed the price and now the fit & proper tests are to be completed? Because to me, this Swansea deal seems like it's in the bag and ours continues to drag on.

Says in the article 

been negotiating since April 2015

Takeover is subject to owners and directors test.. 

so I think ours is within normal timescales......I have to say though I wouldn't totally surprised if ours did hit a snag....

11 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

I was told recently by a client that it's a firm called Bird & Bird that do all the checks for the Football League.

The Football League were a client of my old firm and that was their law firm from memory.

The DD and test normally takes 2 to 4 weeks based on other takeovers. I saw that the Dr responded to a Villa fan on Weibo and said he expects everything to go through by 15th June.

A guy on Twitter has shown a screenshot that he messaged Dr Xia on Weibo (Chinese Twitter) asking when the takeover could be completed, and Xia replied 'expect June 15'.

So if Xia is right, it looks like there's another week left.

On 6/1/2016 at 07:34, Robbie09 said:

I just tweeted the guy who did the recent Daily Mail piece on Xia asking if he knew anything more and he thought the much talked about interview was supposed to be next week, so still a way to go...

24 minutes ago, omariqy said:

The Football League were a client of my old firm and that was their law firm from memory.

That would make sense as my client is a partner of a law firm himself.

Never heard of Bird & Bird if honest, but the name stuck with me.

Some guy on Twitter claimed to have messaged The Doc on Weibo asking when it would be done and he replied "the 15th"

Read into that what you will. I read it as complete gentleman's reproductive organs.

11 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Some guy on Twitter claimed to have messaged The Doc on Weibo asking when it would be done and he replied "the 15th"

Read into that what you will. I read it as complete gentleman's reproductive organs.

The 15th you say? that date rings a bell.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Never heard of Bird & Bird if honest, but the name stuck with me.

But everyone knows that bird & bird is the word...

• Like 3