The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

1 hour ago, villanwesty88 said:

Useless fact of the day - the orange properties are most likely to be landed on because of how close they are to Jail. There are several cards and also a dedicated square that send you to jail. When a player eventually gets out rolling a 6, 8 or 9 are quite good odds. So there - get all the oranges with hotels and you should win! 

Isn't that cheating?     (I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself)

• Like 1

So, if a player shows the ball or otherwise deliberately draws the contact and the foul call, is that cheating? 

I find it annoying, but technically, no laws of the game were broken.

How about, a poorly cleared ball hits the referee, is the forward wrong to smash it into the net?  It may seem unfair but it is completely within the rules. 

There's a difference between ignoring rules I don't like and using the rules to my fullest advantage.  I say that if a large chop-stick making company wants to pay 1 billion to sponsor our shirt, who are we to say that price is not "fair."  The value of any object is determined by what someone is willing to pay for it.  All legal, all within, the rules, no moral issues involved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snowychap said:

That is, I'm afraid, utter nonsense.

No this is,  I'm afraid, utter nonsense.  Claptrap you might even say. . But that is just my opinion of course which is different to yours. 

I haven't actually been gone, I've still been reading posts and replying and making my own original points, only I've been sneaking the replies onto fashion, art, haute couture, news and other types of website's reply sections (without quoting or naming names, of course).

• Like 3

8 hours ago, terrytini said:

What a bonkers comparison.

MP's are the cornerstone of society, are our representatives, and ARE expected (rightly or wrongly) to be virtueous.  Crucially, once elected we as individuals have no choice but to have them occupy that position. They can send people to die, their policies can ruin or make lives.

Football is a game.  A game.  A game every one of us can either watch, or not watch, by choice. That's it.  It has rules.  It doesn't have morals.  No more than a game of monopoly has morals.  I know the rules to Monopoly and use them to my advantage (well, I did as a youngster).........I know the rules of golf and use them to my advantage, and also suffer by them.  Morals and righteousness have absolutely nothing to do with it.  Now, if somebody personally doesn't want to be involved in a perfectly rule abiding, but, to them, 'morally' dubious activity regarding football, fair enough for their personal choice, but to suggest because they feel that way the Club would somehow be culpable is just nonsense IMO.

A Golfer amongst us

great!

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1

keith Harris,  the only 80's TV star that was open and honest about fisting a young bird.