The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

3 hours ago, av1 said:

keith Harris,  the only 80's TV star that was open and honest about fisting a young bird. 

And that he openly manipulated his large monkey on prime time TV many times over the years as well!

• Like 1

Yeah as more of the board pass they get added to the list. As they fail they seemingly "resign" could that be why Hitchins resigned after only 15 days as he was ruled out almost immediately. If so at least it means the FA aren't failing us for one part of the board failing the test, of course if that is why he resigned..

2 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Yeah as more of the board pass they get added to the list. As they fail they seemingly "resign" could that be why Hitchins resigned after only 15 days as he was ruled out almost immediately. If so at least it means the FA aren't failing us for one part of the board failing the test, of course if that is why he resigned..

No. It means he was a convenient accountant to act as a placeholder.

• Like 4

Samuelson and Wyness could be working for 'Recon Sports' rather than specifically Aston Villa. After all, Xia's meant to be interested in buying other football clubs besides Villa, and both seem to be involved in that kind of thing.

Just now, useless said:

Samuelson and Wyness could be working for 'Recon Sports' rather than specifically Aston Villa. After all, Xia's meant to be interested in buying other football clubs besides Villa, and both seem to be involved in that kind of thing.

Which would leave room for Cook to come in....

I don't think there is any relevance in Wyness being appointed today and the others appointed on Friday. From my experience, companies house appointments and terminations generally take around a week. It looks like all the current appointments were submitted on the 27th of May, and I'd imagine it's a case that some got completed on Friday and Wyness was just done on the next working day (today).

It could be worth keeping an eye on any more directors appointed in the next week, as that could indicate other people involved in the Villa set-up, but unfortunately I don't believe these appointments give us any indication as to whether they've each passed the directors test.

• Like 1

Stop getting excited about new directors you lot. I don't believe a word of this takeover malarkey. It's just a ruse to sell additional tickets IMHO 

Edited by sidcow

Like the idea of Wyness - as least he has run a football club before. Not popular at Everton, but seems to have made some difficult decisions. A change from the yes men - and the downright stupidity of Tom Fox for example.

His time at Everton according to his Wikipedia page speaks very favorably of what he achieved during his time there however the array of "citation needed" littering the passage does put a slight dampener on it.....

That being said if even half of it is true he seems to know how to run a football club and is a far more qualified than Fox was.