The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

4 hours ago, Spoony said:

Steve Hollis has been a bit of a champion since he's been here. He seems to just get shit done.

Compared to his predecessors, he's been like a breath of fresh air. I'm disappointed in a way that he won't be around in some capacity moving forward. I really feel that he bgs something to the party.

He said

"30 million, 40 million, 50 million... its up to the manager"

Maybe someone said to him "you shouldn't really tell the other clubs your budget', so now when it's reported, journos are just being told '30m'.

Clever.

I doubt it's worth noting, but reading up on Keith Wyness it's interesting to see that at both clubs he's been at he has been a major player in trying toto build a new stadium, both which subsequently failed.

I doubt it's worth noting, but reading up on Keith Wyness it's interesting to see that at both clubs he's been at he has been a major player in trying toto build a new stadium, both which subsequently failed.

I'd hope he'd recognise that, should we get to the point where we fill our stadium, an expansion of the North would suffice, instead of a brand new stadium.

With Xia having a lot of redevelopment experience, you'd also hope he could just spruce up the local area instead of agreeing to a complete stadium move (I suppose it'll need a bit more than a few licks of paint around Aston!)

54 minutes ago, Rob182 said:
  59 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

54 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I'd hope he'd recognise that, should we get to the point where we fill our stadium, an expansion of the North would suffice, instead of a brand new stadium.

With Xia having a lot of redevelopment experience, you'd also hope he could just spruce up the local area instead of agreeing to a complete stadium move (I suppose it'll need a bit more than a few licks of paint around Aston!)

Sir, sorry to correct you, however replace should with when.....as, if Mr Xia delivers it will only be a matter of time

• Like 1

On 09/06/2016 at 07:54, blandy said:

Part of the New Order, basically.

Was about to do this as whilst reading I have Rhod Gilbert's best part time band on in the background. 

5 minutes ago, Richard said:

I hope the transfer funds earmarked as just for this season and not a one off hoping that similar amounts won't be needed in future years 

Of course not. We'll be spending £250m when we get back in the Premier League!

25 minutes ago, Richard said:

I hope the transfer funds earmarked as just for this season and not a one off hoping that similar amounts won't be needed in future years 

He already said when he proved his worth somewhat with that bank statement of £400+ million ready to be used that much of it was for Villa. I doubt this is a Randy style "let's spend big to get them on side and then be tight for several years" kind of thing. Xia has plans for world domination with us and you don't achieve that with just £35 million normally.

If we spend it wisely enough I think £35m + income from sales is enough to get out of the championship.

Main concern is wage bill though, sure some have left but think to attract real quality we have to pay the wages required which I think we might this time.

Seems we are already looking for a keeper and a striker so it's a good start not to mention the defender we are supposedly close to signing.

We should be able to compete with the teams from the lower end of the PL for players in my opinion.

Yeah when the likes of Middlebrough only spent like £10 million last season it's crazy that we are looking at potentially £50+ million if some of our better players move on. That said we are in a position of power as if Ayew/Gana/Amavi/Veretout don't leave then we keep them and still have £35 million to spend. 

5 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Yeah when the likes of Middlebrough only spent like £10 million last season it's crazy that we are looking at potentially £50+ million if some of our better players move on. That said we are in a position of power as if Ayew/Gana/Amavi/Veretout don't leave then we keep them and still have £35 million to spend. 

But they didn't gave to rebuild an entire squad so they didn't need much more than £10M

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

If we spend it wisely enough I think £35m + income from sales is enough to get out of the championship.

Main concern is wage bill though, sure some have left but think to attract real quality we have to pay the wages required which I think we might this time.

Seems we are already looking for a keeper and a striker so it's a good start not to mention the defender we are supposedly close to signing.

We should be able to compete with the teams from the lower end of the PL for players in my opinion.

Income from sales will quite possibly be way over the £20million mark.

Pool any three of last summers foreign signings at £7mil each gives you £21mil straight away. I think we all accept that at least 3 will move on. Coupled with the possibility of loosing other squad players for fees (Grealish for example would command big money) and its not unrealistic to see £30mil plus come in during the summer.

5 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

Income from sales will quite possibly be way over the £20million mark.

Pool any three of last summers foreign signings at £7mil each gives you £21mil straight away. I think we all accept that at least 3 will move on. Coupled with the possibility of loosing other squad players for fees (Grealish for example would command big money) and its not unrealistic to see £30mil plus come in during the summer.

When you think the season kicks off in 9 weeks - it is going to be a very interesting transfer window!