The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

I think if/when this takeover goes through we should be prepared for being "The unpopular club".

The press will have a field day constantly bringing up negative things about the Chinese, Dr X and where the money comes from.

The FL FA & PL will take great pleasure in making life as difficult as they can for us, making an example if us at every oppertunity.

We are not ManU, The bin-dippers, West Haaaaaam, Spuds or the Arse, We're not owned by Arabs or Jews. The nice American (dumbf**k) has gone.

Model clubs like Soton & Swansea get their managers poached by the "Bigger clubs" (yeah thats ok, thanx, bless their little souls).

Football has succumbed to celebrity-ism, exotic names and marketable fakes.

The machine has been switched on for ever increasing turnover till it implodes.

The gravy train-ers will suck every last penny out of it untill football hangs like a breastfeeders Tit when the 3rd set of twins finally change their diet to McD's.

We are AVFC, a pround pioneering football club with a history. But our future is dependent on an owner with money. Lots of it. Huge amounts to catch up. Obscene amounts to keep up.

A minimum 30mill plus to get us out of the FL.

A minimum of 100mill to get us climbing up the PL.

Then year on year 100mill and counting to mix it with

ManU - over 1/2billion in debt hedged by Glazers and CL money

Chelsea - 3/4billion debt hedged by RA

ManC - Funded by Arab Royalty/Govt.

Then come The Arse, the Bindippers, Spuds and Everton ( the new ManC who weee the new Chelsea)

The real question is:

D'ya wanna play?

(Then pay)

or

D'ya wanna watch?

(while the others tickle our bellies taking the piss)

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1

Fantastic news if true - think Percy is reliable.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/10/aston-villa-takeover-by-dr-tony-xia-to-go-through-next-week/?

Xia will meet with Football League officials in London on Monday to agree the deal and is set to be confirmed as Villa’s new owner after providing “compelling evidence” of funds. The Chinese businessman has passed the required owner and directors’ test and the Premier League and Football League are both satisfied that he is fit and proper to complete the buy-out from Randy Lerner. Xia’s financial muscle had been called into question due to concerns over past business dealings but he has provided clear proof of funds, both for the forthcoming season and even the next. Keith Wyness, the former Everton chief executive, will be part of the restructured board and is expected to have a major role. It is understood that Steve Hollis, the current Villa chairman, was heavily involved in the prolonged negotiations with both governing bodies but will depart later this month. With Xia’s takeover set to be approved next week, new manager Roberto di Matteo and assistant Steve Clarke will be officially unveiled shortly after....He will be assured of around £30 million in funds to strengthen the squad, though Villa are currently focusing on moving out their unwanted players. Villa are preparing for the Championship after a disastrous season in which they finished bottom after recording only three league wins. Tim Sherwood and Remi Garde both left the club during the course of the campaign yet Lerner’s departure and Xia’s subsequent takeover has provided fans with hope of a brighter future.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

Not being picky but I recall DrX saying upto £50m transfer budget and now £30m is being quoted.

i hope that's just poor reporting or guesswork rather than some early backtracking.

Edited by andyh

24 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Steve Hollis has been a bit of a champion since he's been here. He seems to just get shit done.

Totally agree.  Has done a quite fantastic job and is an example of not necessarily needing football experience to do well at a football club.  All in all he leaves a bit of a hero which is a million miles from what I thought he would given his early quotes which were nothing short of terrifying.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, andyh said:

Not being picky but I recall DrX saying upto £50m transfer budget and now £30m is being quoted.

i hope that's just poor reporting or guesswork rather than some early backtracking.

I'm pretty sure Xia mentioned an interval so my guess is it's just guesswork.

7 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

So we have a manager in RDM who has managed champions league clubs and has won major trophies, backed by a 'highly' reputable number two who has worked with some of the best managers in the game.  We have a CEO in Wyness who has managed Everton for five years when their average position was 6th (while also doubling their turnover to approx £80m).  And now it looks like we will have an owner who has big ambitions and ‘compelling evidence” of funds.  Can we start getting excited about our future now??

Yes but not on here.  You'll be eat :lol:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

So we have a manager in RDM who has managed champions league clubs and has won major trophies, backed by a 'highly' reputable number two who has worked with some of the best managers in the game.  We have a CEO in Wyness who has managed Everton for five years when their average position was 6th (while also doubling their turnover to approx £80m).  And now it looks like we will have an owner who has big ambitions and ‘compelling evidence” of funds.  Can we start getting excited about our future now??

cautious optimism is so much more exciting though.

• Like 1