The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This keeps coming up, but AGAIN, in his interview afterwards, he said we had a bright future and he hopes the sale is concluded quickly!

They even said that it was due to Lerner tearing them a new asshole over email or some shit. If it was down to the Xia thing their issues would be with Hollis initially as he would have been dealing with him day to day.

• Like 2

I warned my nose mates not to believe a word from CY as I have a mate who has done business with the Chinese for many years. He still struggles with them as they will tell you what they believe you want to hear but do exactly what they want which can be the opposite of what you need.

My initial euphoria  that Lerner was gone has now been replaced by "oh ****". I hope it's just a little confusion and that once it's sorted this guy really does have our best interest at heart but my words to the noses all those years ago are now screaming loud in my head.

The FT are reporting Recon only own one of the 5  business they were reported to own and that business makes  a loss of £60-70m a year selling MSG.  

Time will tell but I think this deal will fail and I really hope it does, the misinformation given out and now removed from the OS is more than worrying .

Off to work under yet another Lerner inspired villa black cloud .

I don't like this. Too much misinformation and too little transparency regarding the transaction, its' funding and new owner's background. I also don't like the basic idea of Xia's that Villa is a mascot for a greater cause of lifting the level of Chinese football.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

It's a case of wait and see for me, I'm leaning more towards blaming the club for the misinformation on the OS it's not the first time they have done something like this, either way the football league and the premier league will be looking very closely at this which might seem like nonsense but the fact both are doing it suggests they will take it seriously as they don't want another Pompey. I'd imagine the football league might be less lenient however I very much doubt the premier league will be. So I'm really not concerned.

• Like 1

I don't really get this issue with the whole "misinformation" thing.

What would Xia/Recon be looking to achieve by lying about owning 5 listed companies when actually they're only in the process of buying 5 listed companies??

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Samuelson at Reading. 

I've got better things to be doing than sitting through 26 minutes worth of a Reading press conference from 2 years ago. 

What are you trying to show us here?

6 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

what has actually happened? im struggling to keep up. is the deal on/off

The deal is very much on subject to a fit and proper persons test by the Premier League (as we are currently still in it) and the football league (as we are heading there).

Not much is known about Xia wealth or actual business interests - this will all be disclosed during these tests. 

The tests are no different to the ones any new owner would take but as the Chinese people's business details are not readily available in the public domain, panic is setting in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SeanO said:

I warned my nose mates not to believe a word from CY as I have a mate who has done business with the Chinese for many years. He still struggles with them as they will tell you what they believe you want to hear but do exactly what they want which can be the opposite of what you need.

My initial euphoria  that Lerner was gone has now been replaced by "oh fu ck". I hope it's just a little confusion and that once it's sorted this guy really does have our best interest at heart but my words to the noses all those years ago are now screaming loud in my head.

one bad experience and you taint a whole nation. The company I work for has worked with the Chinese for 15 years, they have helped us triple the businesses turnover and they cant do enough for us. I personally have been dealing with our Chinese suppliers for 5 years on a daily basis, their commitment to get the job done day or middle of the night is brilliant.

I have emailed my contacts there asking if they know anything about our new owner.

Edited by AndyC
  • Like 2

The FT are reporting Recon only own one of the 5  business they were reported to own and that business makes  a loss of £60-70m a year selling MSG.  

Time will tell but I think this deal will fail and I really hope it does, the misinformation given out and now removed from the OS is more than worrying .

Off to work under yet another Lerner inspired villa black cloud .

I think that's wrong, or you're reading it wrong. Recon own many, many companies, I believe. The incorrect information is that the OS said they own 5 companies listed on the Hong Kong stock exchange, whereas it's actually 1. (But it's also been said that they're in the process of buying 4 companies of that nature).

If that is the main error, then it sounds like a simple misunderstanding to me. Villa have been told that Recon owns this, that and the other, and no doubt we've ballsed up the translation and misread 'soon to own 5 companies on the HK stock exchange'.

The bigger concern is the possible involvement of Samuelson (and yet it still doesn't prove ANY wrongdoing on his, Xia's or Villa's parts).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villafan306 said:

The deal is very much on subject to a fit and proper persons test by the Premier League (as we are currently still in it) and the football league (as we are heading there).

Not much is known about Xia wealth or actual business interests - this will all be disclosed during these tests. 

The tests are no different to the ones any new owner would take but as the Chinese people's business details are not readily available in the public domain, panic is setting in.

thanks. lets just hope all is above board and we can get it over the line