The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

Just now, dounavilla said:

Allow me to correct my statement.

I'm astounded people are worried at this stage.

I just think this comes down to a personality thing a bit like my post above just without the piss.

So who took the piss? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Are you saying that Tony is borrowing money from or via Samuelson? 

Neither. 

My concern is his involvement in the deal in any capacity. 

I'm only offering my opinion, but he seems a bit 'sub-prime' to me. The kind of guy people without real money go to, to put a deal together. He targets clubs on a low ebb, where there is potential for 'financial improvement'. Nowt wrong with that in isolation, but I've not seen his name linked with any 'backer/investor' who's actually worth anything. 

I hope the Doc is the exception, that Samuelson is just an advisor in the sale and will soon be **** off, but if he takes a place in the board - we have problems IMO. 

At the moment, my worry is the Doc isn't actually that wealthy, the club will saddled with debt and our future hinges on quick returns. 

Just now, wazzap24 said:

Neither. 

My concern is his involvement in the deal in any capacity. 

I'm only offering my opinion, but he seems a bit 'sub-prime' to me. The kind of guy people without real money go to, to put a deal together. He targets clubs on a low ebb, where there is potential for 'financial improvement'. Nowt wrong with that in isolation, but I've not seen his name linked with any 'backer/investor' who's actually worth anything. 

I hope the Doc is the exception, that Samuelson is just an advisor in the sale and will soon be **** off, but if he takes a place in the board - we have problems IMO. 

At the moment, my worry is the Doc isn't actually that wealthy, the club will saddled with debt and our future hinges on quick returns. 

Fair enough. I asked that particular question because if Samuelson is not lending money, then he is not a threat, going on all past examples of why he is evil. The only press linking him has said he 'could' be involved - but that same press also said Comoli was nailed on. I look forward to further announcements, but for now I'm going with my gut instinct on the man that actually matters in all of this - Tony.

So far we have him from reading who we're in the majority concerned about, him from Everton who has his own horror stories, any ideas on the other 2?

I did throw it out there that "...ook" who's full name is cut out on the left could be Garry cook who we had some dealings with when he was at City, not a clue who the other name is

One things for sure, even if we do t agree with his team, he's lined his ducks up, he's ready to go

I think it's naive to believe that we can judge another country's corruption.  The only difference between us and places like China and Nigeria is that we do our dodgy deals behind closed doors while they do theirs in plain sight.  

I'm sure there are plenty of successful businesses in this country and abroad whose owners and senior managers partake in dubious / illegal activity. In some sectors bribes are common and even standard ways of doing business.  As long as it doesn't adversely affect villa's long term future then I accept it and so should you.           

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Allow me to correct my statement.

I'm astounded people are worried at this stage.

People are worried because a) Lerner has bolloxed every decision he made at VP b. he is desperate to sell c) Hollis has either only got half a story or has been fed BS d) Samuelson seems shady e) We know little about Xia including if he has any actual money or not f) the involvement / noninvolvemnt of the Chinese government is unknown g) we have just been relegated

At what stage would you think it would be ok to be slightly concerned about how things will turn out?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tinker said:

The FT are reporting Recon only own one of the 5  business they were reported to own and that business makes  a loss of £60-70m a year selling MSG.  

Time will tell but I think this deal will fail and I really hope it does, the misinformation given out and now removed from the OS is more than worrying .

Off to work under yet another Lerner inspired villa black cloud .

You want it to fail? That would be really bad for us as a club 

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Fair enough. I asked that particular question because if Samuelson is not lending money, then he is not a threat, going on all past examples of why he is evil. The only press linking him has said he 'could' be involved - but that same press also said Comoli was nailed on. I look forward to further announcements, but for now I'm going with my gut instinct on the man that actually matters in all of this - Tony.

He is involved. It's his name on the back of the shirt and it was him at the game with Wyness etc. Whether it was just advice or more - he's linked. 

I really, really hope it works out and its legitimate, but from what I've read it will be a first for a deal involving this chancer. 

2 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

People are worried because a) Lerner has bolloxed every decision he made at VP b. he is desperate to sell c) Hollis has either only got half a story or has been fed BS d) Samuelson seems shady e) We know little about Xia including if he has any actual money or not f) the involvement / noninvolvemnt of the Chinese government is unknown g) we have just been relegated

At what stage would you think it would be ok to be slightly concerned about how things will turn out?

None of the above at this stage.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I think it's naive to believe that we can judge another country's corruption.  The only difference between us and places like China and Nigeria is that we do our dodgy deals behind closed doors while they do theirs in plain sight.   

So true.

1 minute ago, wazzap24 said:

He is involved. It's his name on the back of the shirt and it was him at the game with Wyness etc. Whether it was just advice or more - he's linked. 

I really, really hope it works out and its legitimate, but from what I've read it will be a first for a deal involving this chancer. 

Yes, I completely believe he is involved - don't need convincing. Which is why I want to get to the bottom of what threat he poses. Going on the scant info available, I don;t belive he is a threat. 

8 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I'm sure there are plenty of successful businesses in this country and abroad whose owners and senior managers partake in dubious / illegal activity. In some sectors bribes are common and even standard ways of doing business.  As long as it doesn't adversely affect villa's long term future then I accept it and so should you.           

That just isn't true. Of course there is corruption here but it's a lot worse in some other countries, Nigeria especially.

That said, I'm not judging Xia either just because of where he comes from.

• Like 1

Just putting this out there if I had no money the last thing I'd think about buying is a football club..  Xia has money regardless of where it is coming from. 

3 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

None of the above at this stage.

That's like having 7 terminal illness' but not being concerned about possibly dying! 

Some would call it positivity, some blind optimism. Nigel Pearson would call you an ostrich! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

You are 100% confident that we'll be back in Europe in double quick time? Thats Great!!

Sorry where in my posts did I say that ? 

I just said that I'm exited and looking forward in hope.

Just now, dounavilla said:

Sorry where in my posts did I say that ? 

I just said that I'm exited and looking forward in hope.

and have no concerns at all (and are ASTOUNDED, if anyone else should have some reservations)