The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

2 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

OK. Will work on it - will be a long article so perhaps will be in a separate post for me to build story up. will foscus on how clubs are run in China - and try to avoid my own analysis because I may be biased in some way.

Maybe start a new thread - Chinese football or something, would be interested to learn more.

"Cautious optimism" is still the name of the game for most folks I would bet (although I completely understand the more critical amongst us), and we all want to know more! I haven't been refreshing NewsNow or various Villa forums as much for **** years! 

At the very least we'll have a more exciting summer than we would have if we were still stuck with Lerner so I'm more than happy to see where our latest adventure leads us. 

59 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

BTW, most of clubs in China are owned by super rich business man. And most of them operate their clubs in a very similar way.

I can write something about how clubs are run in China, If you guys are interested? This might give some insights to how Xia may run Villa.

Keep them coming, Deisler. All very interesting.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yes, hard to see how this will be a benefit to us. Chinese players are **** terrible, and they will be terrible for a long time. 

People probably thought the same about Japanese and Korean footballers for a long time and there have been some decent ones in recent years. 

It won't happen overnight but i'm sure China will produce decent players in the future

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Maybe start a new thread - Chinese football or something, would be interested to learn more.

I think there is a Chinese football thread in Other Football

John Percy at The Telegraph is reporting on the issues that have come to light regarding the sale. The most surprising thing is that he states the football league will begin its investigations/due diligence on Recon next month when we officially become a championship club. It seems it could be sometime yet before this has gone through.

Takeover to be Scrutinised by Premier League and Football League

Edited by markavfc40

1 hour ago, R1chuk said:

FFS Villa fans, why do people have to always look on the negative side. We at last have an owner who seems ambitious, if he delivers half of what he is saying, it will be a vast improvement on the last idiot.

When dodgy Roman bought Chelsea and oil bought Shitty, their fans lapped it up.

Then shame on them. I had hoped we were better than that. 

• Like 3

There are certainly going to be people out there resistant to a full Chinese ownership of Villa and the possibility that the Chinese government are involved. Not because of racism, but power, everyone knows that the Chinese have the will, and the means to take over international football. That said, there may be nothing that anyone can do to stop Dr Tony, the proper person rules are laid out on paper, he'll pass, and if there's to be an additional investigation into his financial means, all he need do is open up his accounts - the ones that clearly Hollis has seen. 

Who cares? Bloody flesh-eating Venusians could own us for all I care, so long as they run the club properly. If they want to make us the top dog using the government's firepower and leave the other clubs on the bones of their arse eating dust so be it.

23 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

John Percy at The Telegraph is reporting on the issues that have come to light regarding the sale. The most surprising thing is that he states the football league will begin its investigations/due diligence on Recon next month when we officially become a championship club. It seems it could be sometime yet before this has gone through.

Well Percy already has the proposed cost wrong. Hollis said the deal was much higher than that.

Then shame on them. I had hoped we were better than that. 

I also think it is naive to suggest that this takeover will be as successful as Man City or Chelsea.

This scepticism from some quarters isn't due to malaise, it's down to the nature of the takeover and the proposed owner.

It just doesn't smell quite right to me. Being untruthful, promising top 6, renaming Villa Park straight off the bat. I'm just not sure.

One of my concerns about this deal is the fact David Bernstein and Mervyn King left Villa at a time when this deal would have been in negotiations, their business savy and have the Villa at heart......why did they walk away from the club and this deal if it was a good sound business deal? 

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

One of my concerns about this deal is the fact David Bernstein and Mervyn King left Villa at a time when this deal would have been in negotiations, their business savy and have the Villa at heart......why did they walk away from the club and this deal if it was a good sound business deal? 

I think they left on a question of trust from Lerner rather than the sale of the club. King was quite positive afterwards admitting that a sale was imminent and seemed fairly positive over it. He didn't give the impression that Villa were walking into a disaster sale.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think they left on a question of trust from Lerner rather than the sale of the club. King was quite positive afterwards admitting that a sale was imminent and seemed fairly positive over it. He didn't give the impression that Villa were walking into a disaster sale.

In fact he was actively encouraging it from what i remember.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Maybe but it seems a minor point for them both to resign at such a pivotal point in what would have negotiations that decide the whole future of the club. 

I'm 4 pints into the weekend but I have a nagging doubt about this deal and the lack of leadership from us leading into it, all seems a bit ......Lernerish , i hope my instincts are wrong UTV  

41 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

This is suggesting that he might fail because of 'concerns over the financial muscle' of Recon. That has to be nonsense - the fit and proper test has nothing to do with wealth and nor should it. Most of the clubs in the football league are broke...

• Like 3