Who do you want as Next Manager Poll

Demitri_C

VillaTalk: Who do You Want as Next Manager Poll?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as Next Manager?

• Steve Bruce
    • David Moyes
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Sean Dyche
    • Gary Monk
    • Other

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Dyche talking in riddles - if I was a Burnley fan I'd be wondering why Dyche didn't just say he was staying:

Asked whether fans should worry whether he will stay beyond the summer, he added: "I'm always open with the fans and the press, it's not a forever story, as you find in football, it's just not.

"As quick as you a a hero, you are a zero, never more so than nowadays.

"Brendan Rodgers is a good example, he was close to doing an amazing thing, and the. Very quickly it snowballed into a 'not the right man' scenario.

"It's gathered pace the other way now, without getting that many results.

"If it was the same manager, would it be deemed the same way?

"Modern fans get bored with a manager's rhetoric and need a change, but what are you changing for?

"Either I get booed off or someone comes along and you say 'I can't say no, I've got to go'.

"Only time will tell, but there's no thirst from me to be running out of here.

"I enjoy the challenge, and that changes over time, but I'm certainly enjoying what we're trying to achieve this season, because it would be a magic story.

Maybe he's the strong silent type, like this guy?

man-with-no-name-clint-eastwood.jpg

24 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Gullit in!

That's exciting. 

DAVID MOYES? I have more fun pairing socks than having to watch his teams play.

Just do something fun Villa, make us fun again.  Gullit would buy stupid players no one has heard of, he'd have us playing a terrible version of total football - ffs let's just go for it!

i see your point to a degree but this is a serious decision and i just dont think gullit is the right man. there are some good names being pulled out of the hat but for me looking at the bigger picture it has to be moyes.  although i think he would do the job needed pearson would only be a short term manager, where as with moyes i could see him gradually building us back up into being a very good team. monk would be ok but we need a long term manager and moyes is the best fit.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

43 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Gullit in!

That's exciting. 

DAVID MOYES? I have more fun pairing socks than having to watch his teams play.

Just do something fun Villa, make us fun again.  Gullit would buy stupid players no one has heard of, he'd have us playing a terrible version of total football - ffs let's just go for it!

I wouldn't want Gullit but there's absolutely chance of getting him becuase he's foreign. According to our bone-headed football board we need a BRITISH manager who will instill PROPER BRITISH VALUES like PASHUN and DESIRE. All of these FACKING FOREIGNERS and their fancy tiki tiki tactics malarkey can FACK OFF.

Bloody foreigners, stealing our jobs.

Edited by Mantis

21 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I wouldn't want Gullit but there's absolutely chance of getting him becuase he's foreign. According to our bone-headed football board we need a BRITISH manager who will instill PROPER BRITISH VALUES like PASHUN and DESIRE. All of these FACKING FOREIGNERS and their fancy tiki tiki tactics malarkey can FACK OFF.

PtHQj.jpg 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Ron Saunders never called reporters "pricks" as far as I'm aware.

Did Leicester ever threaten to win the league under Pearson? Must have missed that.

I've no desire to keep sticking up for the logic of giving all the candidates a fair chance, its getting boring, but this sort of twaddle does my head in.

You really think Ron Saunders never called reporters names ?  Or are there certain names that count and others that don't ?   Or does it only count if we as fans hear it ? Or does it only count if it is picked up by a microphone at a press conference (in which case most Managers get let off because we never used to have them).  Incredibly parsimonious and deluded view.

And in case you hadn't noticed Leicester are indeed threatning to win the League - oh Sorry, it was his scouts, it was all Ranieri, it was Mr Blobby...........The side in question won a League under Pearson, were built under Pearson, and are now well placed to win another.  I would more than happily settle for Pearson - or anyone- getting us to win the Championship, staying up the next year, then leaving and their side winning the title.  He hasn't achieved that title, but to write him out of it completely just to suit a predetermined prejudice is barmy.

FWIW he is NOT my preferred candidate, I just think the abuse and scorn heaped on him by a few is pretty poor.. - he is a prick, a nut job, a disgrace, a nothing - we all seem so pure and clever ? I even saw someone earlier saying because his players were caught up in a sex scandal !!  As if what those players did was peculiar to Leicester !! LOL.

• Like 2

Never have I been less excited about Villa looking for a new manager than this time. The names just don't excite me at all. Boring average managers, that being said, beggars can't be choosers. I would love Gary Rowett, as he could actually be special, Pearson, Moyes and co. are just meh. Pearson had to break the financial fair play to get Leicester promoted, and just survived with a team that may finish as champions this season and he did not even buy his own players. And Moyes is just an average manager that did a decent job (one very good season) at Everton and has done two very bad jobs since at Socidad and Man Utd. Please Villa, make Villa a bit exciting again, I'm begging you. 

• Like 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03pfsf1

Aston Villa will replace Remi Garde with a British manager, according to our Midlands football correspondent Pat Murphy.

Garde left Villa Park by mutual consent on Wednesday after achieving only two league wins in his four months in charge, leaving the club destined for the Championship. Villa are rooted to the bottom of the Premier League, 12 points from safety.

Murphy spoke to Villa board member Brian Little, who "knows what's needed, preferably an English, certainly a British manager who knows the Championship inside out".

I know it's Pat Murphy but there are actual quotes in there.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Not fistface please!!!

I think it will be down to Moyes and Pearson. To me thats like choosing a steak or a happy meal

Can you get an Ostrich Burger Happy Meal?

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Whats the point of hiring someone that knows championship inside out but doesn't know premier league? We will just go down again! That's why we need moyes.

Horses for courses really.  A Championship manager to get us promoted,  then see how it goes. If it looks bad you replace with a PL boss.

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

we need a BRITISH manager who will instill PROPER BRITISH VALUES like PASHUN and DESIRE.

I would suggest anyone could confirm this by checking the criteria needed to become Aston Villa manager.

Alas not everyone can because.....

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03pfsf1

I know it's Pat Murphy but there are actual quotes in there.

They certainly have said British then.

Couldn't spot the bit where they patronisingly suggest  that "passion and desire" are either essential, or exclusively British ? Or the hidden inference that people who don't embrace passing football are somehow old fashioned or cluless. In fact the only comments alluding to such things I see/have seen, are on these Boards, by one or two individuals who are clearly more refined than the rest of us.

I hope the Board have lent heavily on Littles views.  I hope he has retained much of the desire for playing decent attractive football, and I hope they have asked him to look not just at the essential of promotion but also at a blueprint for the type of football they want the Club playing as we go on, as we seem to have lost any discernible 'Villa Way' over the last 10 years.  And I hope his blueprint then influences the Manager we choose.

If it does, I hope we choose Rodgers.  If we worry a bit less about our style for the next 5 years and more about getting promoted I would add Moyes Pearson and DEyche to that list, in no particular order.  In any event I have no reason to think the Board are idiots, or that they will choose somebody simply because they show passion, or indeed for any one individual reason.

Agreed a m ole.

And fun fact re-Mellberg. Did you know he currently manages the 'largest football club in Europe' ;)

Idrottsföreningen Brommapojkarna, also called Bromma, BP or The Bromma Boys, is a Swedish football club located in the borough of Bromma, in the western parts of Stockholm municipality. Brommapojkarna is the largest football club in Europe in terms of the number of active teams of all ages – in 2007 there were 247 teams and 3,000 players.

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

I've just read it again. It's absolutely ridiculous. 

**** hell it's blatantly obvious I was exaggerating for effect. That said, it is indeed true that the board appear to be going after a British manager and I think it's ridiculous to restrict ourselves like that.

• Like 1