Who do you want as Next Manager Poll

Demitri_C

VillaTalk: Who do You Want as Next Manager Poll?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as Next Manager?

• Steve Bruce
    • David Moyes
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Sean Dyche
    • Gary Monk
    • Other

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Says the man who wanted Garde sacked after a handful of games for playing a player he didn't like :rolleyes:

well I wanted Garde in and he was a massive disappointment and showed no progress at all in them games. I feel like I was vindicated by the board finally cutting him loose

Just now, Zatman said:

well I wanted Garde in and he was a massive disappointment and showed no progress at all in them games. I feel like I was vindicated by the board finally cutting him loose

That's not the point you were making though was it?

People who didn't give McLeish a chance were vindicated by the board cutting him loose.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

lololol

3 hours ago, terrytini said:

Well Moyes got a promotion from League 2 sixteen years ago. Pearson from the Championship less than 2 years ago.

How on earth does what a couple of players did matter ? Do you really think that was something peculiar to those players ? 

Bargain buys ? Seen Jamie Vardy recently, to name but one ?

Bizarre interviews ? Watch Pearson's interviews then watch Ron Saunders interviews, Alex Ferguson interviews, Jose Murinho etc.

Did Everton ever threaten to win the League ?

Moyes commend respect of players ? Read various stories of United players and their views of Moyes....not pretty reading.

Extra media pressure ? Whoever is in charge will have some pressure, but the Media couldn't care less about us, nor should we care about them.

And your prize point is what he does AFTER we are promoted ! Let's first choose the guy, whoever it is, that gives us the best chance of promotion.....we need to do that before anything else.

Now, I'm not saying I fancy Pearson getting it, but the coronation of Moyes for the types of reasons you give makes no more sense.

Had we not been desperate, I would never want Moyes. Dull, dull, dull, and operated. But I'd take him as I think he could get us up. No more no less than that.

And the same goes for Pearson.

And for Dyche. And Rodgers.

How some fans can be so sure who Moyes is the guy baffles me. There are half a dozen who are rightly probably being considered.

You alright there Nigel?

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

not really he was here for a season, if Garde had an unbeaten run like McLeish had in his 1st few games then I would have backed him as well

So give managers a chance, unless you decide it's ok to not give them a chance?

Anyway, why can't we be anti-Pearson at this stage? Surely by that logic we shouldn't be anti-anyone if we're not allowed to not want a potential manager? 
What about if suggest Tony Pulis as our new manager? You'd be dead against that wouldn't you? So is that you not giving a manager a chance?

Just now, Stevo985 said:

So give managers a chance, unless you decide it's ok to not give them a chance?

Anyway, why can't we be anti-Pearson at this stage? Surely by that logic we shouldn't be anti-anyone if we're not allowed to not want a potential manager? 
What about if suggest Tony Pulis as our new manager? You'd be dead against that wouldn't you? So is that you not giving a manager a chance?

nope ill just stop watching football until he is sacked

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

nope ill just stop watching football until he is sacked

See?

How is that different from Mantis not wanting Pearson?

Your posts are hypocritical

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, bobzy said:

I know it's just odds...

...but Gary Neville is now in to 12/1 on WillHill.

Other notable "candidates":  Gareth Southgate (14/1), Ryan Giggs (16/1), Stiliyan Petrov (25/1), Paolo Di Canio (33/1), Thierry Henry (50/1)

I know it's just odds but...

...Gary Neville out to 20/1 on WillHill.  Odds seem to have narrowed around three main "candidates":

David Moyes (5/2), Nigel Pearson (5/2), Steve Bruce (5/1)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

The one manager I do not want is Monk. I don't think he did a bad job at Swansea really, but he was apart of the fabric of the club, he knew the philosophy inside out, he knew the club inside out. I don't think he really put his stamp on anything there. Having him at Villa Park would be way too much of a risk. 

Same.

Possibly a good manager, and seems a decent enough bloke. but would be a big gamble. I think there's enough managers proven at that level that we can avoid taking that risk.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

well hopefully he has same attitude if Pearson is appointed. though I dont remember him giving Eck a chance either but many others didnt either :(

You remember wrong then because I did give McLeish a chance. I guess the difference with Pearson is that as a person I dislike him now whereas with McLeish I didn't when he was first appointed. I'll still give Pearson a chance even though I'm vehemently opposed to appointing him.

Edited by Mantis

To be honest unless we start to spend the right money on the right players at all levels of the club, no manager will be able to do anything.

Randy and the club's bizarre transfer policies and lack of spending is why we are getting relegated, as much as any one manager.

• Like 1