Who do you want as Next Manager Poll

Demitri_C

VillaTalk: Who do You Want as Next Manager Poll?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as Next Manager?

• Steve Bruce
    • David Moyes
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Sean Dyche
    • Gary Monk
    • Other

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Can someone please explain to me how betting works?

Surely if Moyes is 8/11 we are definitely definitely appointing him?

Odds are as much about reflecting betting patterns as they are about the chances of something happening.  Bookies are a business so they have to protect themselves from the possibility of enormous payouts.  Which is why odds shorten on someone the more people bet on them.  Even if nothing changes in reality, a person can become very short odds very quickly.  Particularly in a 'next manager' market, because it only takes one person to find out some genuine insider information and load on a person at high odds and then they come crashing down.

8/11 is still relatively high for a definite.  When someone starts getting to the 1/5 or 1/10 territory then we can start to think it's imminent.

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

Odds are as much about reflecting betting patterns as they are about the chances of something happening.  Bookies are a business so they have to protect themselves from the possibility of enormous payouts.  Which is why odds shorten on someone the more people bet on them.  Even if nothing changes in reality, a person can become very short odds very quickly.  Particularly in a 'next manager' market, because it only takes one person to find out some genuine insider information and load on a person at high odds and then they come crashing down.

8/11 is still relatively high for a definite.  When someone starts getting to the 1/5 or 1/10 territory then we can start to think it's imminent.

Indeed. I remember when we were looking at OGS and what made the odds crash on him wasn't the news that we were interested but the fact that loads of us from VT had all put money on him.

9 minutes ago, KHV said:

You give your money to a bookmaker and they keep it

Well that's what happens when I bet anyway

Trick is to always bet against Villa

• Like 1

Would anyone have any objections if the new manager was named now but stated he wont be starting until end of season?

I would prefer if Moyes is the man they appoint him asap to stop any other clubs like Newcastle coming in for him should they go down

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Would anyone have any objections if the new manager was named now but stated he wont be starting until end of season?

I would prefer if Moyes is the man they appoint him asap to stop any other clubs like Newcastle coming in for him should they go down

If that happened it would be a bit pointless getting rid of Garde now? The board surely want to start prepping for the Championship now.

Just now, VillanousOne said:

If that happened it would be a bit pointless getting rid of Garde now? The board surely want to start prepping for the Championship now.

But the teams already down, Moyes can see who is shite (all he has to do is watch a dvd of this season) I wouldnt wnat the new manager here before seasons ended as no manager can get these losers winning. Dont want Moyes or whoever new manager is getting a rough ride before seasons ended if takes over straight away. better to leave Black in charge until end of season and then new guy takes over as soon as seasons ended.

Clear out the deadwood losers like lescott, gabby and richards and start preparing for the championship

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

But the teams already down, Moyes can see who is shite (all he has to do is watch a dvd of this season) I wouldnt wnat the new manager here before seasons ended as no manager can get these losers winning. Dont want Moyes or whoever new manager is getting a rough ride before seasons ended if takes over straight away. better to leave Black in charge until end of season and then new guy takes over as soon as seasons ended.

Clear out the deadwood losers like lescott, gabby and richards and start preparing for the championship

true, and I do get the logic

but no-one would expect Moyes to get these losers winning, but hopefully he could give some of the youngsters a chance and work out who/if anyone is worth keeping in the current senior squad. I think a lot of the players will still be here next season as much as we wish they weren't.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Monk and Gullit seem keen on the job which is surprising considering the negative press around the club this season

Christ, I hope their applications are popped in the bin. When was the last time Gullit managed????

Gullit would probably make himself player-manager. Not that he'd be much worse than the lot we have now.

Self important fraud as manager, amazing player thou

Nothing at all surprises me about Gullit or Monk declaring their interest.

Even in the state we're currently in, getting the Villa job would be a win for managers of those calibre.

Whoever's appointed has, after our win on Saturday, 6 games to make us safe while assessing who to get rid of.  Perfectly possible to stay up with 37 points.  I don't see that is an unreasonable level of expectation.

• Like 2

Gullit in!

That's exciting. 

DAVID MOYES? I have more fun pairing socks than having to watch his teams play.

Just do something fun Villa, make us fun again.  Gullit would buy stupid players no one has heard of, he'd have us playing a terrible version of total football - ffs let's just go for it!

Dyche talking in riddles - if I was a Burnley fan I'd be wondering why Dyche didn't just say he was staying:

Asked whether fans should worry whether he will stay beyond the summer, he added: "I'm always open with the fans and the press, it's not a forever story, as you find in football, it's just not.

"As quick as you a a hero, you are a zero, never more so than nowadays.

"Brendan Rodgers is a good example, he was close to doing an amazing thing, and the. Very quickly it snowballed into a 'not the right man' scenario.

"It's gathered pace the other way now, without getting that many results.

"If it was the same manager, would it be deemed the same way?

"Modern fans get bored with a manager's rhetoric and need a change, but what are you changing for?

"Either I get booed off or someone comes along and you say 'I can't say no, I've got to go'.

"Only time will tell, but there's no thirst from me to be running out of here.

"I enjoy the challenge, and that changes over time, but I'm certainly enjoying what we're trying to achieve this season, because it would be a magic story.