Formula one - 2016

jjaacckk91

Gwarn McLaren! Would love to see them hold that for the race.

It's not where they need to be, but they're definitely heading in the right direction :) 

image.png

29 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Rosberg gets agree pass again, setting a purple sector under double yellows (slow down significantly, prepare to stop) and keeps the time. 

It's like nothing was learned from the Jules Bianchi tradegy. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well it's not looking good for Hamilton is it?

when rosberg wins this championship it's going to be a hollow victory, hasn't had a fight to win all season, no reliability issues, can only win when Hamilton has trouble

he's had lots of fights to win, he just hasn't won any of them.

It seems strange to me that Hamilton is having so many reliability problems, have they replaced his usual pit team with the work experience kids?

43 minutes ago, V01 said:

he's had lots of fights to win, he just hasn't won any of them.

It seems strange to me that Hamilton is having so many reliability problems, have they replaced his usual pit team with the work experience kids?

They swapped around some of their respective crews for the 2016 season so it may well be having some influence.

Cannot believe Mercedez would sabotage Hamiltons season. Perhaps its more down to the driver rather than the equipment.

On yesterdays race how can Vettel be penalised for putting his car where he did at the first corner.

14 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Well it's not looking good for Hamilton is it?

when rosberg wins this championship it's going to be a hollow victory, hasn't had a fight to win all season, no reliability issues, can only win when Hamilton has trouble

Singapore? Fair and square victory for Nico there. He's had luck, by dint of Lewis having some bad luck, but any driver needs that. He's done the job needed in terms of winning the races when he's had the advantage, and yeah he's not as good as lewis, seb, alonso, or maybe ricciardo or max either, but it's not hollow really. It happens occasionally in F1 given the power of car discrepancies. He'd be right place, right time kinda winner. Sadly though the xenophobic morons who boo him ( or vettel ) at podiums will now doubt boo him were he to win too. 

That all said, I'd still say it's no more than 50/50 for Nico to win just yet. LH is still more than capable of winning all the remaining races, assuming the car holds up. 

21 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Cannot believe Mercedez would sabotage Hamiltons season. Perhaps its more down to the driver rather than the equipment.

Me neither, Lewis showing how little class he's got. He's always so quick to have a pop at the team if the pit crew, or tacticians or in this case the engine manufacturers.

Can't stand him anymore and he's turned me off the sport tbh.

He never had a particularly sympathetic driving style.  That's what made him exciting.  But in ye olden days that meant you were much harder on your car.  I thought those days were gone with the new boring reliability, but maybe not.  I say bring back clutches and manual shift :D

Mercedes knew the risks from the results of their engine testing during the week before. They took a gamble on running with an engine management that had the power but was a known reliability risk. The gamble obviously didn't pay off for Hamilton.

2 hours ago, villanwesty88 said:

Big race tomorrow. Hamilton really could do with pipping Rosberg to the win here. 

I'd be inclined to say that if he doesn't win barring any DNF from Rosberg that the championship is over.

Rosberg out drives Hamilton again :) 

Lewis' fault. Gap is now 33 points. Nico can coast home in 2nd in all the races even if Lewis get's it together and still win.

The Diva isn't winning it this season.

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

Rosberg out drives Hamilton again :) 

Lewis' fault. Gap is now 33 points. Nico can coast home in 2nd in all the races even if Lewis get's it together and still win.

The Diva isn't winning it this season.

It's all in Nico's hands now as you say. All Lewis can do is apply the pressure by winning and bringing the gap to a point where any mistakes could be punished. Nico is due an engine failure - would like to see that to help even it up a little. 

On one hand I'm glad Hamilton won't win it, blaming the team then kissing their arse all week and then all the media/snapchat stuff has me finished with him.

But I'm absolutely dreading seeing Rosbergs smug face win the championship. I can't forget the stunt he pulled at Monaco, the slimey git.

I hope to god that Red Bull or even McLaren can jump the field with next seasons changes because I'm sick of these two.

2 hours ago, Ryan. said:

On one hand I'm glad Hamilton won't win it, blaming the team then kissing their arse all week and then all the media/snapchat stuff has me finished with him.

But I'm absolutely dreading seeing Rosbergs smug face win the championship. I can't forget the stunt he pulled at Monaco, the slimey git.

I hope to god that Red Bull or even McLaren can jump the field with next seasons changes because I'm sick of these two.

I'd say at least from Redbulls side you likely to get that wish seeing as they help come up with the new aero rules  for 2017 which is thier strength .

The bigger question is will there be more than one team domination or just some one else's turn after the redbull years with a Vettal or last 3 years from Merc.As it stands the one thing most agree on is the cars will become harder to follow and thus pass so the racing is likely to be duller

Â