Formula one - 2016

jjaacckk91

there's a difference between tennis players getting lairy on court. it's the prima donna bollocks with the media, and the cult of celebrity he encourages that annoys me and others I guess. Being frustrated with the team occasionally is common with pretty much all the drivers too, see any radio comms from any driver lately, I don't care about that stuff, it's understandable, it's the other shit that separates him out for target dicksplatt.

• Like 1

its all over bar the shouting now, don't get the Hamilton hate on here, i think the only reason rosberg will win the championship is cus Lewis has had all the unreliability, least deserving champion since button won it in 2009 

3 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

its all over bar the shouting now, don't get the Hamilton hate on here, i think the only reason rosberg will win the championship is cus Lewis has had all the unreliability, least deserving champion since button won it in 2009 

I don't think the 'hate' is anything to do with Hamilton's ability or equates to a support for Rosberg.

20 hours ago, Chindie said:

Hamilton is one of the least likeable people in sport.

There was a picture of him arriving at one of the circuits the other week, walking down the pitlane with his 2 dogs. Who the f*** does he think he is? I guess once he's in the garage and he's had his picture taken plenty of times its some PhD qualified engineers job then to feed, walk and clean up after his dogs whilst Lewis tries to climb further and further up his own backside.

What a total prick, seems to be coming off the rails now as he's become so far detached from reality.

22 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Remember that likeable kid who first broke on the scene?

No.  He's been a prick from day one.  Do people forget his disrespect and flouting of the rules in his debut season?  Arsehole is in his DNA.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Xela said:

Looks like Rosberg will do enough to win the title. Shame as he's not in the same league as Hamilton 

Yep, not had to make a single race winning over take this year. Not a champion in my eyes think he's been extremely lucky 

12 hours ago, Xela said:

Looks like Rosberg will do enough to win the title. Shame as he's not in the same league as Hamilton

I agree, in terms of ability they are leagues apart so will be a bit of a hollow victory if he hangs on. Saying that, I hope he does. I cannot stand Lewis.

I love Brazil, its such a shame it isn't the final GP of the season and the FIA followed the money and have given that honour oil nation.

• Like 1

People may say that Rosberg isn't as good as Hamilton so doesn't deserve it but, working under the ideology, does Hamilton? He's in the best car by far yet has not been able to manage either his temperament, his car or even his commitment as well as others.  Rosberg has driven smarter, if not as excitingly/ recklessly. In fact I'd say Hamilton has been lucky to win the Championships he did, Massa deserved it way more and only blatent disregard for his team and teammates (and better reliability) helped him secure his other wins. Why doesn't it 'count' when it's the other way round? He's good at what he does, not great.

And put the likes of Max Vestappen, Ricciardo, Vettel or even Alonso in the same car and they'd  'deserve' it more. Button would probably give him a run for his money too! Yesterday's win is lorded around in the press like it was a masterful performance, completely ignoring the fact he was the only one who didn't have to contend with spray: of course he can judge things better! We have never seen him in the likes of a Manor battling, we've seen him scythe through the pack from the back of the grid for a 'marvellous' win, nicely omitting the fact he was at the back due to his own stupidity or infringements and in a car two seconds a lap quicker than anyone else.

I'm not going to pretend I like Hamilton, I hate him more than any other sports person. He's been gifted everything from a young age and shown no appreciation to anyone for having such an easy ride; sacking his father, leaving McLaren the second it got rough. He's a pr*ck in the press, is arrogant and has absolutely zero likeability. He's not had to work for anything.

Ronaldo is a kn*b too, but you can't deny he's got worldclass ability. But put Hamilton on a level playing field (including not being given preferential treatment from McLaren) and he's probably not even one of the five best drivers in the world - despite bring groomed by Ron Dennis as a kid... 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

People may say that Rosberg isn't as good as Hamilton so doesn't deserve it but, working under the ideology, does Hamilton? He's in the best car by far yet has not been able to manage either his temperament, his car or even his commitment as well as others.  Rosberg has driven smarter, if not as excitingly/ recklessly. In fact I'd say Hamilton has been lucky to win the Championships he did, Massa deserved it way more and only blatent disregard for his team and teammates (and better reliability) helped him secure his other wins. Why doesn't it 'count' when it's the other way round? He's good at what he does, not great.

And put the likes of Max Vestappen, Ricciardo, Vettel or even Alonso in the same car and they'd  'deserve' it more. Button would probably give him a run for his money too! Yesterday's win is lorded around in the press like it was a masterful performance, completely ignoring the fact he was the only one who didn't have to contend with spray: of course he can judge things better! We have never seen him in the likes of a Manor battling, we've seen him scythe through the pack from the back of the grid for a 'marvellous' win, nicely omitting the fact he was at the back due to his own stupidity or infringements and in a car two seconds a lap quicker than anyone else.

I'm not going to pretend I like Hamilton, I hate him more than any other sports person. He's been gifted everything from a young age and shown no appreciation to anyone for having such an easy ride; sacking his father, leaving McLaren the second it got rough. He's a pr*ck in the press, is arrogant and has absolutely zero likeability. He's not had to work for anything.

Ronaldo is a kn*b too, but you can't deny he's got worldclass ability. But put Hamilton on a level playing field (including not being given preferential treatment from McLaren) and he's probably not even one of the five best drivers in the world - despite bring groomed by Ron Dennis as a kid... 

This is a good post and I do agree with the first 2 paragraphs. I personally think if you win the championship then you deserve it, simple as really. You can fluke one win or fluke a podium but you don't fluke a championship over 20 odd races.

Its hard to gauge individual ability at times in F1 because 80% of it is the car you are given. Its no secret though that Hamilton is one of the quickest on the grid along with Alonso. He's also consistently beaten his teammate in whatever team he has been in, the same with Vettel. the cream normally rises to the top.

I also disagree about Hamilton being arrogant and a pr*ck. I refer back to Tim Henman from the tennis analogy with regards to everyone hating Andy Murray. There's plenty of Tim Henmans to go around if finishing in 3rd is good enough. You have to have that desire and focus to be a winner in these sports, people (especially the British public) so many people confuse this with arrogance and we all love to hate a winner of course.

Edited by AVFCDAN

Â