Formula one - 2016

jjaacckk91

All about Ricciardo this weekend, Max hasn't got the upgrade (which looks the real deal, 9 tenths between them in fp2)

I have everything crossed for Daniel, such a great guy with an even bigger smile.

knowing his luck the engine will blow up on the last lap...

• Like 1

kvyaat and seb, and nico and lewis crashing would be fun this weekend. The soapiness of it is all that entertains me at the moment. 

But it would be nice to see Ricciardo win too. 

17 hours ago, Ryan. said:

All about Ricciardo this weekend, Max hasn't got the upgrade (which looks the real deal, 9 tenths between them in fp2)

I have everything crossed for Daniel, such a great guy with an even bigger smile.

Yep, I did mention it on page 2 and the very rude @Genie yawned!  :D  :P  It's a mahoosive upgrade. 

Ricciardo flipping Raikonnen the bird and calling him a word removed. Just when I thought it wasn't possible to like him any more.

Edited by ozvillafan
"any more" not 'anymore'.

48 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

@BOF you must be pretty confident they will finish the race :P

It's a Renault.  Of course I'm not confident :) 

On 26/05/2016 at 20:47, Ryan. said:

Smile wiped! 

Red Bull look super competitive now though so he shouldn't be too down. Rosberg's lead has been well eaten into by Ham, Ric and Vet...I'd say they all have chances. 

Looking forward to Canada...absolutely love that track, always my favourite on the f1 games. 

Wiped by his own team. For the second race in a row. Shit happens I suppose. Hamilton's been having a lousy season too up to now. But the Bulls are definitely championship contenders now.

On 26 May 2016 at 20:38, V01 said:

Mad Max will make it interesting until he crashes out.

:thumb:

You called it mate, He had a shocker...

As for DR... If there is a god, he's not a fan of smilers...

Felt so bad for him, watched the highlights earlier and he was smashing it, then his team **** him over. Threw his win away.

Great race and fingers crossed for the rest of the season but until I see merc being beat fair and square at a legitimate track, I have my doubts.

If I was Ric, I'd be on the phone to Ferrari. For some ridiculous reason RB favored their backmarker car rather than the race leader, can't have mighty Helmut's golden child being being made look silly... oh! 

15 hours ago, Ryan. said:

As for DR... If there is a god, he's not a fan of smilers...

Nice guys don't come first.  Except Ranieri.

I watched most of the race,  good to see another team give Mercedes a race but not really sure if the gap has really closed,  a wet Monaco is not for teams with very high top speeds.

42 minutes ago, Genie said:

a wet Monaco is not for teams with very high top speeds.

Well no, not really.  Can't wait for Canada now.  Well, I can really, but you know :)  It should be fascinating.  It's such a great track and always a great race.  Arguably the best on the calendar.  I fully expect the Red Bulls to challenge strongly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BOF said:

Nice guys don't come first.  Except Ranieri.

But Vettel is going backwards since he started swearing like a trooper..

14 minutes ago, villakram said:

and in addition to being a belieber, Hamilton appears to have found that Jesus fella <_<

His accent is also all over the place!

Hamilton is lost in his own little bubble.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't know F1 could become a comedy in the track, but the current back and forth between Hamilton and his engineer has become farcical.

There's something wrong with Hamilton's car, initially he doesn't know whether it's an actual fault or a setting issue. Eventually his engineer says 'it's a setting' but the new rules mean he can't say anything else. This back back and forth then happens...

'OK, I'm going to change everything on the wheel'.

'We don't recommend that Lewis'.

'Can I just give suggestions and you let me know if I'm right?'

'No that's against the rules. Just get on with it'

There's something funny about the car being so complicated that a switch on the wheel can significantly alter it's performance, but the driver doesn't understand it to the full extent, whilst his engineers have an electronic readout telling them exactly what's wrong but can't say anything. At this point I almost expect one of the pit crew to reach into the cockpit at his next stop and flick whatever switch is wrong.

Â