Formula one - 2016

jjaacckk91

6 hours ago, Ryan. said:

Thank you for explaining the constants that will always be there in some form, Mr Newey.

Unless your McLaren Honda. Then the problem is fitting the (undersized) compressor inside the V of the ICE, causing an inefficient mgu-h - and not having the tokens to change it all until next year.

Oh and RIP blown diffusers.

So what's 'the' problem then? The tyres or the hybrid power units? 

As previously. The fundamental problem is the tyres. When you have to fall back because your in dirty air (as you so kindly explained) and have to look after them, that's not racing any more.

I can't wait for next seasons changes. No more Perez dragging out a one stop, no more undercutting to get in clean air or because X can't get past Y.

The PUs are fine it's the token system that sucks. 

Link

So Max and Danii were in the press conference. I must say Danny handled himself very well.

The interesting part was when Danny said "I got to know many interesting details, that I will keep to myself for now"

Tell us!!

26 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Link

So Max and Danii were in the press conference. I must say Danny handled himself very well.

The interesting part was when Danny said "I got to know many interesting details, that I will keep to myself for now"

Tell us!!

id guess the details were about needing to put MV in the red bull to have any hope of persuading him to stay so DK had to be the fall guy

On 9 May 2016 at 20:06, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

If they sorted out the front wings it would help a huge amount. They should word the regulations in such a manner that only basic 2 piece wings like the example below are only permitted. The wider bodies and tyres will be welcome but the idiots are increasing the front wing size too which won't help.

.dd35eabe4b85a7c11ff152adb4aa476b.jpg

I'd do away with DRS too, nothing as boring as DRS overtakes, I'd much rather see a driver struggle for 10 laps to make an overtake than cruise up behind and open their wings. Anyone remember the battle back in the day between Coulthard and Verstappen Snr at Austria where Coulthard couldn't get by in spite of being in a far quicker car, that was great racing.

hakkinen v Schumacher at spa in 2000, best overtake ever

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

id guess the details were about needing to put MV in the red bull to have any hope of persuading him to stay so DK had to be the fall guy

I'm not sure, that seems common knowledge. why would he keep that to himself when everyone's been saying it? It sounds more meaty to me..

3 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

hakkinen v Schumacher at spa in 2000, best overtake ever

This is better. Fierce team mates as well.

I think the fact Hakkinens overtake involved Schumacher choosing the wrong side of a back marker lessens the appeal.

I had no idea there was a race today - it's amazing how quickly a sport can disappear once if loses the platform of best exposure rather than the best deal financially.

Anyways - sounds like it was good one - be interesting to hear the reaction of the two Mercedes drivers and congratulations to Verstappen, a winner at eighteen - Gabby had made his Villa debut before this fella was born!

I don't know why Lewis always feels like he needs to make these sort of moves, it was stupid regardless of whether rosberg should've left him room.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I had no idea there was a race today - it's amazing how quickly a sport can disappear once if loses the platform of best exposure rather than the best deal financially.

Anyways - sounds like it was good one - be interesting to hear the reaction of the two Mercedes drivers and congratulations to Verstappen, a winner at eighteen - Gabby had made his Villa debut before this fella was born!

Wasn't Gabby's debut in 2006...? I know Verstappen's young but he's not 10! 

4 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

I don't know why Lewis always feels like he needs to make these sort of moves, it was stupid regardless of whether rosberg should've left him room.

Rosberg was in the wrong engine mode. He was significantly down on power and Hamilton made a move off the racing line on a straight. 

It was Rosberg cutting across with such a power deficit that caused the crash, whether he was entitled to or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryan. said:

Rosberg was in the wrong engine mode. He was significantly down on power and Hamilton made a move off the racing line on a straight. 

It was Rosberg cutting across with such a power deficit that caused the crash, whether he was entitled to or not.

Hamiltons career has been littered with crashes like this though, no need to take that chance so early in the race imo

Mercedes should only be allowed to compete in every other race to make the championship more competitive.

That's interesting @Ryan. I need to watch it again, but if Rosberg moved off the normal racing line to squeeze Lewis then I would place the blame at his door.

16 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Hamiltons career has been littered with crashes like this though, no need to take that chance so early in the race imo

What nonsense. 

Barcelona is notoriously difficult for overtaking. Kimi couldn't get passed Max and Daniel couldn't get passed Seb.

Hamilton new it was now or never when he seen Rosbergs rear warning light flashing meaning he was out of hybrid boost.

Edited by Ryan.

Well no mercedes actually made the race interesting. Not sure what Ferrari was doing with Vettels tyre changes, it nearly cost him the podium and have to say that Red Bull look like they might be a threat to Ferrari too.

Rosberg closed the door on Hamilton when it was really to late but Hamilton could have been a little less impatient for want of a better word.

Â