Formula one - 2016

jjaacckk91

7 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I didn't see the pitwalk - only switched to the coverage seconds before the start.

Do you watch any coverage ever to not know what Mark Webber sounds like? Who's this Scottish guy with the square jaw :trollface:

I can't say I've ever had reason to particulary bank the sound of Mark Webber's voice for future reference, nor have I encountered him enough to keep him in my memory really.

In fact I don't think it you'd asked me 2 hours ago to name famous F1 drivers that he'd be in the first is recall.

Coulthard on the other hand has become a fixture in F1 coverage, so yes I know who the square headed Scottish bloke is.

40 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I can't say I've ever had reason to particulary bank the sound of Mark Webber's voice for future reference, nor have I encountered him enough to keep him in my memory really

He was only part of the most dominant team of recent years, no biggie.

3 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

He was only part of the most dominant team of recent years, no biggie.

As I'm well aware.

I couldn't recognise Rosbergs voice and I've heard him speak more recently than I have Webber.

But congratulations on your excellent recall of former also ran F1 drivers voices. Good job. I'll remember to know exactly who someone is before making a flippant comment in future.

Can't help thinking back to Baku when Hamilton had gearbox issues.

Mid-way through the Grand Prix of Europe, Lewis Hamilton realised he was in the wrong engine setting -- one it later emerged was preset incorrectly by Mercedes ahead of the race.

The 2016 radio clampdown meant Hamilton spent the next 12 laps trying desperately to work out a fix from inside the cockpit with race engineer Peter Bonnington not allowed to give him any advice.

Below is how his radio drama unfolded, starting with the message first heard on lap 27.

Hamilton: "De-rates everywhere, surely isn't helping. Is there no solution?"

Bonnington: "We're working on it."

Hamilton: "You guys need to pick up the pace."

Bonnington: "The problem appears to be with the current mode that you are in."

Hamilton: "I don't know what you mean. I don't know what's wrong."

Hamilton: "Can I not reset this thing?"

Hamilton: "This is ridiculous, guys. I don't know, I'm looking at my fricking dash every five seconds trying to find the switch in the wrong position."

Bonnington: "Lewis, it's nothing you're doing wrong, just got a setting that's incorrect."

Hamilton: "I might not finish the race, I'm going to try and change everything."

Bonnington: "Erm, we don't advise that, Lewis."

Hamilton: "Can I make suggestions and you tell me if that's okay?"

Bonnington: "Nope, that's not allowed."

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

As I'm well aware.

I couldn't recognise Rosbergs voice and I've heard him speak more recently than I have Webber.

But congratulations on your excellent recall of former also ran F1 drivers voices. Good job. I'll remember to know exactly who someone is before making a flippant comment in future.

How did you know it was Rosberg? :ph34r::ph34r:

It's very bizzare that you know Coulthard (who would also be an 'also ran' by your standards) from his media work yet in a sport where the drivers probably have more media commitments than any other, you don't know what they sound like. 

49 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Oh hello mate, nice of you to pop in. Come again :thumb:

I might to be fair. Someone getting bizarrely slated just for not recognising someone's voice is probably the most entertaining thing about the F1 season so far!

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I might to be fair. Someone getting bizarrely slated just for not recognising someone's voice is probably the most entertaining thing about the F1 season so far!

You didn't think MV's pass around the outside of Rosberg today was entertaining ?

15 hours ago, av1 said:

Can't help thinking back to Baku when Hamilton had gearbox issues.

So the precedent has now been set that coaching a driver comes with just a 10 second race time penalty. If Mercedes had known that in Baku, surely they would have helped Hamilton?

Maybe Mercedes could get Mark Webber to voice the instructions as no one would be able to work out who the culprit is :trollface:

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

You tell me to get over it and when I ask you a simple question you drag it back there.... Great forum skills, mate.

:crylaugh: **** hell mate, cheer up.

• Like 1

I was merely trying to get us on topic my good man. But I'll definitely work on my potty mouthed trolling skills for next time if that qualifies you as cheery ;)

Â