Football board

Sam3773

Really...I haven't seen any newspaper reports indicating our interest but he would be a fantastic appointment, did a very good job at player recruitment and behind the scenes at WBA.

I also suggested Cortese as CEO but happy to let Bernstein do that given his experience so yes if we can lure Ashworth here then we look like we're finally got an infrastructure and properly qualified people behind the scenes. It's a start at least. 

4 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I didn't suggest you did. I used the words "significant funds".

You said:

11 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

what makes you confident you'll see it again

Which I took to mean 55m again ("it" referring to the 55m I'd referenced).

Anyway, the point I was making was that whilst investment hasn't been great over the years, that's a valid point, our biggest problem, imo, has been how we've spent the money, particularly last summer.

A "sub-Board" operating within a full board seems at first something different.

But IF Hollis knew Krulak was going to be appointed to the Main board, it's a wise manouver to side step Krulak out of the football board, Hollis willing totrust Bernstein is a good reason to excuse him and Krulak out of Football discussions.

I hope that when the football board comes up with a "recommendation" to the main board, the main board will be less of a problem getting the decision through as the football board is also made up of full board members.

It may just be that Hollis is of the logic

Expert A on subject A deals with it

Expert B on subject B deals with it

.....and so on.......

That's what we were doing before though - the only difference is in who the experts are and whether they'll be telling Randy or Hollis.

I'm hopeful better experts means better decisions or at least hopeful that there's plenty of room for decisions to get better!

Ultimately our biggest problem is not having a squad that's suitable for the job and trying to solve that in one window with thirteen players. Four years of not giving Lambert the tools to do his job is what got us here; the board just gone recognised that and had a wild swing at it but missed - this board now have a big job on to clean up a mess of a football club.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's what we were doing before though - the only difference is in who the experts are and whether they'll be telling Randy or Hollis.

I'm hopeful better experts means better decisions or at least hopeful that there's plenty of room for decisions to get better!

Ultimately our biggest problem is not having a squad that's suitable for the job and trying to solve that in one window with thirteen players. Four years of not giving Lambert the tools to do his job is what got us here; the board just gone recognised that and had a wild swing at it but missed - this board now have a big job on to clean up a mess of a football club.

Yes yes yes yes yes. 

Here it is (Adrian Bevington)

CLICKY

""Aston Villa Football Club confirmed today that former FA Executive Adrian Bevington is now working with the Club.

Bevington will work with David Bernstein and the Football Board as part of the current review and to implement the changes that arise from it.

David Bernstein said: "Adrian has a wealth of experience with over 20 years working at the highest level of football.

"He was the Managing Director of Club England and worked with many managers and coaches during his 17 years at The FA.

"More recently he has worked with several Clubs and the Welsh FA, and I'm convinced his experience, contacts and understanding of football will be a tremendous asset to Aston Villa Football Club."

This is another top appointment. I notice he has a PR background so possibly a short term consultant to reshape our communications strategy. Not sure where this is all headed but we are literally overdosing on football experience now - in a good way.

I'm sure we pay well, but it does feel as though senior figures from the football establishment are rallying to the cause of rescuing Villa from the disaster that has befallen it. Maybe pay-back for all the England players we've supplied over the years!

Edited by Jareth

32 minutes ago, Jareth said:

This is another top appointment. I notice he has a PR background so possibly a short term consultant to reshape our communications strategy. Not sure where this is all headed but we are literally overdosing on football experience now - in a good way.

I'm sure we pay well, but it does feel as though senior figures from the football establishment are rallying to the cause of rescuing Villa from the disaster that has befallen it. Maybe pay-back for all the England players we've supplied over the years!

A nice thought, Jareth, but I doubt it. Their motives do not matter, it is what they achieve that will be important.

Â