Football board

Sam3773

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Something like this should have been done 9 years ago when Lerner first took over.

I like the structure. That's the easy bit. Now the hard bit of getting the right people in the right roles.

It seems they (may) have finally learned (notice I used that word instead of "learnt").  Now the test comes.  It's an impressive assortment of board members and higher-level staff now though I'll give them that.  Finally the penny has apparently dropped.  We'll wait and see. 

Edited by trekka

51 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Another great piece of journalism from the Brum Mail Karen **** brady & Faulkner listed. Just when I thought they couldn't come up with a worst list than the other days bargain buys

Add to that Jacqui f**king Smith !!!  Never worked in business. Investigated by the parliamentary commissioner for standards.   Great shout!

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

I was optimistic when Fox was made CEO.

This sounds good, but let's see what happens, we don't have a good track record for this kind of thing. It appears they're listening to the fans, but I'm not entirely sure that's a good thing, when it comes to structuring the club.

Edited by Davkaus

This looks positive indeed. We now have people with Villa in their hearts and football experience. Let's see how this translates into our close season action. I don't expect them to talk about potential investment yet but let's hope money will be made available and a real intent to push for promotion is declared. I know it's hard to be positive after all we've been through but I'm not willing to just rubbish everything we do.

That's the thing. It looks good on paper, probably. Don't know enough on how a football board actually work or if they will be good appointments.

But what mandate will they have from Lerner?

Will there be any money?

Is there a clear strategy?

Even the best people possible can only do so much if they are given nothing to work with.

Lerner is still here, and shuffling a few pieces on a chess football board will do f*** all

Edited by sne

16 hours ago, DCJonah said:

By bringing Krulak back in the mix? 

Yeah if anything this fits in with what I think is happening.

Krulak means Lerner will have eyes and ears ( after all, it is still his Club) but no brain.

He is completely cutting his mind from any control of the Club, in my view. May be wrong, certainly hope not, but I can't conceive of a scenario where Krulak is more than that. Can't conceive of those genuine football men allowing it either.

12 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Who does the Football board report to and how?

And who controls the money?

And how much will there be?

Maybe if Gen K really is back these can be my first three questions to him.

emoji3.png

Like you I think these are the Key questions, and like you I have no idea.

But I have a theory, and all that's happened in the last few weeks supports it.

I think Hollis is now fully running the Club with no input from Lerner. He will have either been ' given' a sum for the next 3-5 years and some contingency/ leeway up or down depending on circumstances, or some arrangement with a similar outcome. Apart from that, Lerner is 100% out. I think that sold the idea to King, Bernstein , and Little, and that, to all practical intents and purposes, is tantamount to a change in ownership.

That's my view. A business has a mind, like a person, and finally the controlling mind has been severed and replaced.

I hope so.

27 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Yeah if anything this fits in with what I think is happening.

Krulak means Lerner will have eyes and ears ( after all, it is still his Club) but no brain.

He is completely cutting his mind from any control of the Club, in my view. May be wrong, certainly hope not, but I can't conceive of a scenario where Krulak is more than that. Can't conceive of those genuine football men allowing it either.

The former West Brom sporting director is among the front-runners for the final seat on Villa’s new football board.

The 45-year-old is currently the FA’s director of elite development but Villa have identified him as a possible candidate to become their head of football operations.

New Villa director David Bernstein, who will oversee the hiring of the new man, appointed Ashworth at the FA in 2012.

Ashworth-655398.jpg

Villa are expected to sack manager Remi Garde before the end of the season and have already parted company with sporting director Hendrik Almstadt and chief executive Tom Fox.

As well as looking for a new first-team boss, they also want a new man to turn around the rest of the rest of the football setup.

His first task would be to overhaul Villa’s scouting - and Ashworth enjoyed major success recruiting players at The Hawthorns.

He is also a respected youth coach and administrator.

Whoever gets the job will sit alongside Bernstein, Lord Mervyn King and former boss Brian Little on the football board, which will sit below the club’s main board.

But their might be stumbling blocks to landing Ashworth.

He could be reluctant to leave the FA for a Championship club and the new head of football operations will have limited control over the first team.

The manager will report directly to former FA chief Bernstein, who has been instructed by new chairman Steve Hollis to take the major football decisions.

But Bernstein believes the new head of football operations will have a key role to play in turning Villa around after this season’s shambolic events.

“The way I see it it would be someone who is very strong operationally, who knows how to deal with structural issues, who can assess what we’ve got and who can make the changes we need to make on the football side,” said Bernstein.

“It has to be someone who has got good footballing experience and background but it is not a director of football.

“This is a different sort of appointment to that.”

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/655398/Aston-Villa-target-new-head-operations-Remi-Garde-edges-closer-sack-Football-News-Gossip

Pretty sure we have the most "overhaul" of the scouting team possible these past few years. Players will be identified, Randy won't authorise the signings, buy cheap gamble instead, players aren't up to scratch loan or wait for contract to expire because no one will buy them and rinse and repeat. Complete waste of time and money. 

• Like 1

Â