Favourite Villa Pics

dont_do_it_doug.

I was in the Holte when this happened....been watching villa for 35 years...these three years were some of the good times...the place was buzzing.....Young...Barry.....Carew....Melberg...i could go on......  Who would know it would end so badly at the start of the following season and 10 years on>

Martin Laursen, Kenneth Vermeer - Martin Laursen Photos - Aston ...

• Like 1

On 06/03/2020 at 23:20, OutByEaster? said:

Aston-Villa-fans-pay-tribute-to-Graham-Taylor-Picture-by-httpstwittercomlee1982avfc.jpg

And this one.

This is the reason why since 1993 I decided to move to the North Stand. The Holte is just awesome to look at. Whereas from the Holte we look at......

villa-p.jpg

• Like 1

The King. The GOAT. IMO the best CB in the premier League era. You can keep your Tony Adam's and your John Terry's, Paul McGrath is the original Don Daddy defender. Epitome of what a lion is like hunting for meat. 

What a shirt btw.

Paul McGrath.jpg

On 24/05/2020 at 12:54, newhavenhibby said:

From previous post......... Chris Price at Villa.............17491-zoom.jpg.bc814cc2a54b3b9738d566777960b04d.jpg

He’d have been 31 at the oldest when this photo was taken. 80s footballers really did age badly.  

Sir Stirling Moss and Gilles Villeneuve are the greatest drivers never to win the world championship. The villa team in the pic circa 30-31 has to be the greatest never to win the league title.

header.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, John said:

Two that I would like to see doing the same as below, again during this window:

image.jpeg.3eb76135cfa417686d1a819a788e9ec7.jpeg Aston Villa boost as Chelsea won't sell Tammy Abraham to Wolves 

If Jack signs a new contract that would be a big statement to other clubs and importantly to potential signings. His continuing presence at the club is important in many ways and may well set the tone for the transfer window and next season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Still haunted by Delph’s 8 day use of a new contract 😥

Yes that’s something that will always be in the back of our minds but it’s the exception rather than the rule. I can’t see Jack pulling a stunt like that. 

• Like 3

On 06/03/2020 at 22:56, sidcow said:

holte-end.jpg

16 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

I havent read the whole thread - so apologies if this has been posted -

As David Coleman might say - astonishing !!!!!
5U0VMum.png

Copy Cat

Dirty Rat

Sitting on the door mat. 

• Haha 2

On 09/07/2020 at 16:20, The_Rev said:

He’d have been 31 at the oldest when this photo was taken. 80s footballers really did age badly.  

The same could be said of some of us that stood on the terraces watching Chris Price and the boys, back in the late 80s! :D

Edited by John
  • Haha 3

On 09/08/2020 at 15:29, SirSteveUK said:

I havent read the whole thread - so apologies if this has been posted -

For a thread that is only 15 pages long you should read it from the beginning. 

It's one of the best threads on VT.

There are some gems in there and you will not be disappointed.

I highly recommend it,

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Â