Favourite Villa Pics

dont_do_it_doug.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

blog | Paul lambert, Young, Players

Help a bloke out...

Weimann, ?, ?, Guzan, Cuellar, Carew, Sidwell, Albrighton, ?, ?, Heskey, Friedel.

Gardner G, Davies, Reo-Coker, Young A, ?, Bannan, ?, Lichaj.

Weimann, James Collins, Chris Herd, Guzan, Cuellar, Carew, Sidwell, Albrighton, could be Dominik Hofbauer, Wayne Henderson?, Heskey, Friedel

Gardner, Davies, Reo Coker, Young, Shane Lowry, Bannan, Nicky Shorey, Lichaj

I think!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Weimann, James Collins, Chris Herd, Guzan, Cuellar, Carew, Sidwell, Albrighton, could be Dominik Hofbauer, Wayne Henderson?, Heskey, Friedel

Gardner, Davies, Reo Coker, Young, Shane Lowry, Bannan, Nicky Shorey, Lichaj

I think!

I think all are correct except Wayne Henderson, he left in 2006. It could be Eliiot Parish, according to Wiki he was the only other keeper in the squad along with Andy Marshall

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

blog | Paul lambert, Young, Players

Forgot about James Collins playing and being prolific for the Villa youth set up. Unfortunately never made it at top level with Villa and has had a few "lesser" clubs including us for a couple of seasons where he got a mixed response from the fans.😕

3 hours ago, newhavenhibby said:

Forgot about James Collins playing and being prolific for the Villa youth set up. Unfortunately never made it at top level with Villa and has had a few "lesser" clubs including us for a couple of seasons where he got a mixed response from the fans.😕

He's a Luton legend - League One player of the year 2018-19!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's a Luton legend - League One player of the year 2018-19!

Agreed.....he certainly has found his niche at Luton and good luck to him.

My remark was aimed at when he was up here at Hibs where he blew hot and cold so the Hibs fans gave him a mixed response...........Luton fans will love him🙂   Also , no disrespect to Luton, but his career did not take off with the promise he showed in the Villa youth set up.

10 hours ago, newhavenhibby said:

Agreed.....he certainly has found his niche at Luton and good luck to him.

My remark was aimed at when he was up here at Hibs where he blew hot and cold so the Hibs fans gave him a mixed response...........Luton fans will love him🙂   Also , no disrespect to Luton, but his career did not take off with the promise he showed in the Villa youth set up.

In last 10 years or so he would probably be among the highest scorers over all 4 divisions in England as he has been quite consistent down in League 1 and 2, when have seen him play for Ireland you can see he lacks maybe a bit of pace or technique to play at a higher level

On 21/04/2020 at 20:39, imavillan said:

Thought the clubs record appearance holder deserved a place in here.......

The one and only....

spacer.png

Aye, a record that is never likely to be beaten..........from Edinburgh too! 🙂 Fantastic player who I watched for the latter years of his Villa career.

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 1

On 22/04/2020 at 02:55, HanoiVillan said:

Just wanted to cheer myself up really

4_JS169338212.jpg

Look at him. He hasn't a clue what has happened or how it happened. Jack in the background is just laughing because what happened just shouldn't have!😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Some 

11 hours ago, imavillan said:

Holte Ends last stand. Saturday 7th May 1994.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

credit Twitter and Brummie photography

Some of my greatest memories growing up in Birmingham happened right in the middle of that stand.........well started off at the back in the middle🙂...........great atmosphere, especially through the 70's and 80's...............

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 4

Â