Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

To be fair, I'd say Paul Lambert has a better CV.  A couple of promotions back to back then kept two different teams in the league three years running under tough circumstances.  Also, his team didn't go on to win the Premier League the year after he got sacked.

True, he almost got Leicester relegated last season then a manager that knows what he is doing comes in and gets virtually the same squad of players to be title favourites with half a dozen games to go. Not really a positive for Pearson is it?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

True, he almost got Leicester relegated last season then a manager that knows what he is doing comes in and gets virtually the same squad of players to be title favourites with half a dozen games to go. Not really a positive for Pearson is it?

Perhaps we now know how he managed to enhance their performance so suddenly when they were up against it.  Might be best left alone.

has any one noticed that leicester has done well since NP was sacked, NP was in papers for bullying via tex or something like this,,no other club has touched him,his back room staff are at the club on verge of winning the prem league, i think the only connection is he looks a mean/hard man & we would love a manager to throttle the endless list of loosers present at the club.its funny how a manager can become in demand when hes doing nothing.

but villas dna over the last 6 years is simple..stay in the league,con the fans with a team to match the fans passion ohh & cut the wage bill & sell the best players etc

this must change next year, a new approach much come into the fold,target is to get out the league-simple

although moyes has won nothing with everton & utd..i think hes the best option to get this bloody mess sorted & to deliver the ultimate target..promotion!

On 4/1/2016 at 20:06, Me burns said:

Gents, a filbert in peace and as always I feel your ever worsening torment. I know there is a lot of anti Nigel talk but it seems our clubs are inextricably linked regarding former managers. He knows the championship well, you will need someone of his mould if you get relegated. It will be worth it for the post-match press conferences alone. Tonight just imagine him pinning down your least favourite player on the training ground and throttling them. Joking aside, I think he's probably learnt from mistakes he made with us and would be worth a gamble. All the best gents, remember,  it's always darkest before the dawn. 

Greetings, welcome to VillaTalk. 

However, it is definitely not always darkest before dawn. It's darkest in the middle of the night, as common sense would suggest. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

A quote from Saunders "They call me Mr 110% - because that's what I ask the players to give and I urge the supporters to lend the same kind of backing to the team."

Not only did he demand it - most often he got it.

When we appoint the next manager we need to demand more. 

110% effort isn't possible, so I have to dispute that. 

• Like 3

On 02/04/2016 at 09:38, Rob182 said:

All this talk of not pussy footing around just seems to be because of Remi's quiet and considered manner.

Well, from what I've seen, hardly any of the rumoured candidates are quiet, thinking managers like Remi. They all seem to have a bit of bottle about them, so why Pearson?

What has Pearson done that eclipses the achievements of Moyes, or even Dyche and Bruce?

Pearson built a team and got it promoted. So have lots of others managers. Pearson is simply flavour of the month because of what Leicester are now doing without him.

Why not go for Nigel Adkins because of what he did with Southampton, and now what they're doing without him?

Would you look at Big Sam with the same affection as Pearson, because Big Sam got West Ham promoted, and built a quality side that is now pushing for a Champions League place.

Pearson is just hyped up right now, and he's seen as 'what we need' because he comes across as a hard bastard. Lots of managers are hard bastards, and they can be without throttling players or swearing at the press.

Moyes is easily the standout manager for the job. How anyone can overlook him for Pearson, and his one recent great feat of getting promotion and being involved in a relegation battle, I'll never understand.

Excellent post

30 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Allardyce, Pulis, Moyes, Laudrup or someone new.

I'd be disappointed if we ended up with any of the other managers who have been linked.  

Hate myself for saying it but I'd have Pulis over 90% of the names being suggested/linked.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

To be fair, I'd say Paul Lambert has a better CV.  A couple of promotions back to back then kept two different teams in the league three years running under tough circumstances.  Also, his team didn't go on to win the Premier League the year after he got sacked.

No the team Paul Lambert got sacked from around a year ago is about to get relegated..... not meaning to pick on you but your logic is shambolic

as much as I despise Pulis football he does at least have a promotion under his belt to Premier League compared to Moyes and managed in league a lot more recently

still wouldnt want him in charge

15 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Greetings, welcome to VillaTalk. 

However, it is definitely not always darkest before dawn. It's darkest in the middle of the night, as common sense would suggest. 

The middle of the night is before dawn, though?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AndFos said:

The middle of the night is before dawn, though?

Well, so is midday the day before.

However, the way the idiom is used is to mean 'things will soon get better' - it's comforting. It just isn't true. If 'bad = nighttime darkness', then after the worst (darkest) there's a long period of slightly less dark/bad before the light/good comes.

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Well, so is midday the day before.

However, the way the idiom is used is to mean 'things will soon get better' - it's comforting. It just isn't true. If 'bad = nighttime darkness', then after the worst (darkest) there's a long period of slightly less dark/bad before the light/good comes.

Or it could be seen as: It will get better, but we do not know when yet.

Just now, AndFos said:

Or it could be seen as: It will get better, but we do not know when yet.

Unless you live in a place like the setting for 30 Days of Night and about now it is 8pm on day 1.

• Like 1