Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

21 minutes ago, AndFos said:

Or it could be seen as: It will get better, but we do not know when yet.

Does anybody use it that way? I've never heard it with that meaning, always as 'things will get better soon'. Which certainly doesn't look to be true for Villa.

24 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Does anybody use it that way? I've never heard it with that meaning, always as 'things will get better soon'. Which certainly doesn't look to be true for Villa.

I think it may be used that way, but English is not my Mother tongue, so I may be incorrect.

Lets hope things will get better soon, I think there is a good possiblity it will get better next season, although I wouldn't bet on it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Please tell me your are not referring to having pulis over Moyes?

No, Moyes would be in the 10%.

But if it was a straight choice between Pulis or the likes of Pearson, McCarthy, Bruce, Grayson, Southgate, Coleman, Neville, he's probably the least worst of those.

12 minutes ago, Isa said:

No, Moyes would be in the 10%.

But if it was a straight choice between Pulis or the likes of Pearson, McCarthy, Bruce, Grayson, Southgate, Coleman, Neville, he's probably the least worst of those.

Results-wise? Yeah but on everything else he's horrible, just horrible. I know football is about results but Pulis' football is so bad that I'd much rather take a bigger risk on somebody else.

55 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Results-wise? Yeah but on everything else he's horrible, just horrible. I know football is about results but Pulis' football is so bad that I'd much rather take a bigger risk on somebody else.

Just quoted you to agree with you for a change !!

Pulis would be awful. I know Pearson is an egotisitical douche but Pulis is an out and out spunk trumpet.

Employing him would pretty much be the exact opposite of the Garde appointment. We'd be stupid to go from a manager who tries to get the team playing, albeit unsuccessfully, and is renowned for trying to build teams, to a manager who plays awful football and is even worse than Allardyce.

I'd actually detest the appointment of Pulis more than when we brought in McLeish.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Results-wise? Yeah but on everything else he's horrible, just horrible. I know football is about results but Pulis' football is so bad that I'd much rather take a bigger risk on somebody else.

It would appear my idealism has been compromised slightly in the face of our impending relegation. Don't get me wrong, I still hope we aim higher but then you look at the aforementioned names and realise what a sorry situation it is. 

46 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Pulis would be awful. I know Pearson is an egotisitical douche but Pulis is an out and out spunk trumpet.

Employing him would pretty much be the exact opposite of the Garde appointment. We'd be stupid to go from a manager who tries to get the team playing, albeit unsuccessfully, and is renowned for trying to build teams, to a manager who plays awful football and is even worse than Allardyce.

I'd actually detest the appointment of Pulis more than when we brought in McLeish.

Spunk trumpet?????  Where the hell did that come from?

2 hours ago, ermie123 said:

Spunk trumpet?????  Where the hell did that come from?

I like the term 'Spunk Trumpet'. I think the mods should put it in the code of the site so that it replaces the word 'Pulis' every time it is put in a post (a bit like 'Clearing in The Woods' and 'Word Removed').

• Like 1