Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

Pearson would be an improvement on 2 wins in 20 games Remi Garde.

Remi Garde with a transfer window would be better than 2 wins in 20 games Remi Garde.

Everyone saw how Eric Black got on today with this fantastic squad of players.

Back in the 70's , after sacking Vic Crowe, Brian Clough was not in a job. The Evening Mail ran an interview with him, in which he said that if Villa approached him, it was 99.99% certain that he'd join us. The buzz and anticipation of getting Clough went into meltdown.

Villa were inviting applications for the post. Clough refused to approach Villa, Villa refused to approach Clough. Neither side backed down. We ended up appointing the relatively unheard of Ron Saunders, to the massive disappointment of the fans.

The point is, that the fit has to be right. We were right for Saunders, he was probably at the right stage of his career.

Whoever comes in could be a breath of fresh air. Just because we don't get our number one choice, doesn't mean we should despair. A manager with experience in both divisions sounds good to me-I'd be happy to go with that.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

And who got Eric Black in?:crylaugh:

This logic is ridiculous. Plenty (and I mean plenty) of very good assistants have failed as managers.

Don't make up reasons to slate Garde. it's pathetic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

In the championship Pearson would be considered a steady appointment. 

I disagree - I can see why some are warming to him but I don't think there's anything steady about Pearson.

6 minutes ago, jon_c said:

I have a feeling with the people on the football baord, and the talk of English candidates and championship experience, that they'll go for Warburton or Grayson.

Bernstein said "Premier League" experience too - I think it could be Dyche, Bruce, Pearson - Possibly Southgate/Pearce? 

Edited by GENTLEMAN

The rumour was they tried to impose Steve round on Remi and it turns out round is alao well known to Bevington

is it too easy to jump to the Moyes conclusion ?

This logic is ridiculous. Plenty (and I mean plenty) of very good assistants have failed as managers.

It's a bit rich to describe Black as "failing" as a manager. He's only had one match!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

It's a bit rich to describe Black as "failing" as a manager. He's only had one match!

Yep, definitely didn't say he's failing as a manager.

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

Practice what you preach? Where have I picked and dwelled on unnecessary factors? You wrote a big long post about pussy footing around and needing this and that (which Pearson obviously brings). Whenever I've listed reasons for getting Moyes, I've listed a number of relevant points and managerial qualities. I've done so because there is much more to refer to with Moyes, which clearly makes him the best choice.

'Experience, promotion, a long and successful transfer history, building a team, defensive solidity etc etc.'

Vs:

'Hard Bastard'

Give me a few more meaningful reasons to warm to Pearson, and perhaps I'll not think there are ten other managers I can name that are just as qualified as he is.

Hey, i don't have to get you to warm to anybody....thats your choice. l'm not here to persuade you.

so you think that a manager that had such an effect in building Leicester, was simply because he was a hard bastard.....please afford me a bit more credit than that...a bit narrow minded if I may say so.

as for Moyes.....I too would be initially content with that appointment.....but all the credits you afford him can easily be levelled at Pearson too.

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

Even if he did mean British it's still dumb. I'm not saying our next manager should be foreign but you have to keep your options open. Why do this "football board" think that a manager's nationality will be crucial to their success? Has it not even occurred to them that most of the players in our dressing room with bad attitudes are themselves English?

I would agree.  However I think they mean they want British ( I.e. Championship) experience, rather than birth, and I can't think of any available none British Managers with that experience.

1 hour ago, Butterfingers said:

Back in the 70's , after sacking Vic Crowe, Brian Clough was not in a job. The Evening Mail ran an interview with him, in which he said that if Villa approached him, it was 99.99% certain that he'd join us. The buzz and anticipation of getting Clough went into meltdown.

Villa were inviting applications for the post. Clough refused to approach Villa, Villa refused to approach Clough. Neither side backed down. We ended up appointing the relatively unheard of Ron Saunders, to the massive disappointment of the fans.

The point is, that the fit has to be right. We were right for Saunders, he was probably at the right stage of his career.

Whoever comes in could be a breath of fresh air. Just because we don't get our number one choice, doesn't mean we should despair. A manager with experience in both divisions sounds good to me-I'd be happy to go with that.

Sound logic

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Garde appointed him. As if I need to create reasons to slate a manager with 2 wins out of 20 games under his belt!

Just now, Brumstopdogs said:

Garde appointed him. As if I need to create reasons to slate a manager with 2 wins out of 20 games under his belt!

You are creating reasons though.

You're having a go at Garde for appointing a number 2 who lost 1 game. That's utterly pathetic.

Especially considering number 2's don't always make good managers. So your logic falls down instantly.

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Seemingly going from one extreme to another, last summer it was very much a Football Manager style transfer policy and in Garde something that could have worked in 'theory', right to way now to a much more narrow minded policy. 

Well yes. That's because it is a completely new Board. As is often the case in life the new guy does the opposite of the old guy. Happens everywhere until one works.

1 hour ago, Butterfingers said:

You don't belong here.

3 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Not convinced at all despite how good this new look football board talk.. No one to review them is bound to end in tears.

Incrediblely premature. You have just written off some of footballs most respected people. Who or what would you prefer ? Lerner's head on a stick might make you feel better but we would still need people to run it.

Is it really too much to ask to give them a chance. Already seen Bernstein abused a page or two ago for his comments. Great.