Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

My worry is that the board will see somebody like Pearson as a disciplinarian just because he comes across as "hard". Moyes would definitely fit the bill though.

I would hope our football board full of experienced football people wouldn't be fooled because someone acts 'hard'. There will be extensive interviews and I trust the judgement of the new football board (he says, fingers crossed) a little more than Tom Fox

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

On 03/04/2016 at 16:04, pacbuddies said:

True, he almost got Leicester relegated last season then a manager that knows what he is doing comes in and gets virtually the same squad of players to be title favourites with half a dozen games to go. Not really a positive for Pearson is it?

But he also got Leicester promoted and put together the bulk of the squad that is (hopefully) going to win the league, I think that's a positive for Pearson. I know Ranieri has done a magnificent job and I'm not taking anything away from him but they were showing great form at the back end of last season. Ranieri has harnessed that and carried it on to a wonderful effect.

I think Leicester's performance this season has improved Pearson's stock, not weakened it. But as some people on here don't like him, it will just get disregarded, plus as he's a 'PASHUN' (what an shit description) manager and they get sneered at by posters who at the same time like to sycophantically fawn over Garde's appalling tenure as our manager, just because he seems like a nice bloke.

• Like 1

The important thing is that we need to support the new manager, whoever it may be*. Saying stuff like I won't support the club if xxxxx is appointed isn't going to help. Even if its someone I don't want, they'll get my support from the off. Everyone deserves a fair chance to begin with 

*unless its John Carver

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

I think the one thing that this board have been consistent in doing thus far is takin the populist option - they've shown a willingness to take into account fans feelings on the actions they've taken. With that in mind, I can't see them appointing a Pearson or a Bruce - I think it'll either be a manager with unquestioned quality like Moyes or a Villa man of some sort.

I know Moyes is the 'popular' choice, but I just can't work out whether he would be a good choice or  not. I'm not convinced by him, for some reason! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

But he also got Leicester promoted and put together the bulk of the squad that is (hopefully) going to win the league, I think that's a positive for Pearson. I know Ranieri has done a magnificent job and I'm not taking anything away from him but they were showing great form at the back end of last season. Ranieri has harnessed that and carried it on to a wonderful effect.

I think Leicester's performance this season has improved Pearson's stock, not weakened it. But as some people on here don't like him, it will just get disregarded, plus as he's a 'PASHUN' (what an shit description) manager and they get sneered at by posters who at the same time like to sycophantically fawn over Garde's appalling tenure as our manager, just because he seems like a nice bloke.

Yes Alex Ferguson gave Pearson great credit for the what he built at Leicester. 

2 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

I like the term 'Spunk Trumpet'. I think the mods should put it in the code of the site so that it replaces the word 'Pulis' every time it is put in a post (a bit like 'Clearing in The Woods' and 'Word Removed').

It may be derived from the American political term, a "Trump Spunklet", i.e. an off the cuff remark preceeded by zero thought and with the ability to annoy the maximum number of people.

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes Alex Ferguson gave Pearson great credit for the what he built at Leicester. 

Maybe Sir Alex can write another letter.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm sorry but that's absolute nonsense and isn't a fair reflection on either those who don't like Pearson and those who liked Garde (let's not forget that the two groups are not one and the same).

1 hour ago, Dorset77Villa said:

If he gets the job we are fuc*ed!

He's not top of my list by several places but hes had - I think - 3 Championship Titles and 3 play off finals.

So I fail to see the reason for your doom laden view.  Like so many on here you seem very easily against someone, for no really obvious reason.

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

I know Moyes is the 'popular' choice, but I just can't work out whether he would be a good choice or  not. I'm not convinced by him, for some reason! 

I think Moyes is a good manager but there would be another thing about his appointment that would be a positive for me. I don't think there is a cat in hells chance he would come unless he was given guarantees about funding and felt he would be backed to bring us back up.

I think the next manager will say a lot about what is going on above him which will have a direct impact on what we can achieve on the pitch.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the one thing that this board have been consistent in doing thus far is takin the populist option - they've shown a willingness to take into account fans feelings on the actions they've taken. With that in mind, I can't see them appointing a Pearson or a Bruce - I think it'll either be a manager with unquestioned quality like Moyes or a Villa man of some sort.

Whilst neither agreeing nor disagreeing with you, this raises the interesting idea of an opposite Poll - "who do you least want".because I'm not at all sure your interpretation of fans desires is the same as mine.  Whilst Moyes is clear front runner, I haven't heard (in the real world !) too many oppose Bruce, Pearson, or Mcarthy.  Even on here where there are a few who certainly don't want XY or Z there hasn't been much of a groundswell against anyone, IMO.

5 minutes ago, terrytini said:

He's not top of my list by several places but hes had - I think - 3 Championship Titles and 3 play off finals.

So I fail to see the reason for your doom laden view.  Like so many on here you seem very easily against someone, for no really obvious reason.

Yes he has a good record so you've made v good point... But long term would he be right appointment surely we should be looking to the future a bit more? Would we want him to lead us back into a premiership season? IMO no. 

Edited by Uppernorthstander