Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

You are creating reasons though.

You're having a go at Garde for appointing a number 2 who lost 1 game. That's utterly pathetic.

Especially considering number 2's don't always make good managers. So your logic falls down instantly.

I'm having a go at Garde because he was rubbish for us.

As for Black based on his first game I'm not impressed but hopefully he'll change things in the next game.

Considering I haven't commented whether I believe number 2's can or cannot make good managers your last comment is nonsense.

Just now, terrytini said:

Incrediblely premature. You have just written off some of footballs most respected people. Who or what would you prefer ? Lerner's head on a stick might make you feel better but we would still need people to run it.

Is it really too much to ask to give them a chance. Already seen Bernstein abused a page or two ago for his comments. Great.

I'm giving them a chance. I'm just not convinced that they will get it right.

I'm also not comfortable with nobody seemingly reviewing their progress. It's ok getting rid of Tom Fox etc but who will get rid of these if they get it wrong? Lerner couldn't care less.

It's a dangerous situation despite their experience.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

You are creating reasons though.

You're having a go at Garde for appointing a number 2 who lost 1 game. That's utterly pathetic.

Especially considering number 2's don't always make good managers. So your logic falls down instantly.

There are simply too many number 2's at B6.lol

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

I wish people would stop with the Ron Saunders comparisons. As great as he was, that was over 30 years ago. Football was a lot different and we were in a much different position.

Yeah it's not like a team could  come from nowhere and win the league without spending big money these days 

• Like 3

When we got Ron Saunders many wouldn't have believed what a difference he could make and what a difference a football manager that knows what they are doing can make.

We need to look for similar qualities that he had in our managerial pursuit.

0,,10265~3426259,00.jpg

• Like 2

Bernstein is bone headed. Pearson is an unhinged prick.

When someone says those things about other people, especially people they barely know, there is a word, or several words for it. The politest one is ' irony'.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I'm having a go at Garde because he was rubbish for us.

As for Black based on his first game I'm not impressed but hopefully he'll change things in the next game.

Considering I haven't commented whether I believe number 2's can or cannot make good managers your last comment is nonsense.

You've missed the point by a considerable distance.

Will that, I bow out.

5 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I'm giving them a chance. I'm just not convinced that they will get it right.

I'm also not comfortable with nobody seemingly reviewing their progress. It's ok getting rid of Tom Fox etc but who will get rid of these if they get it wrong? Lerner couldn't care less.

It's a dangerous situation despite their experience.

A chance ?

You said " bound to end in tears ".

!

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I wish people would stop with the Ron Saunders comparisons. As great as he was, that was over 30 years ago. Football was a lot different and we were in a much different position.

I wish folk would stop rolling out.....football has changed.

......and

everything has changed and will continue to change constantly....its dynamic.

things have changed, but equally there are things things that haven't.....principles are one.

are you suggesting we can't learn anything from history or past experience.?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Yeah it's not like a team could  come from nowhere and win the league without spending big money these days 

Leicester are an anomaly. The fact that they could win the league doesn't change how football has evolved over the years. The margins were so much smaller back in those days. I'm not saying that we should just accept that mid-table is the highest we can ever hope for because it isn't but at the same time I don't think these Saunders comparisons are very helpful. Often it seems to me as if people are just using his name to justify a poor managerial appointment.

5 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Bernstein is bone headed. Pearson is an unhinged prick.

When someone says those things about other people, especially people they barely know, there is a word, or several words for it. The politest one is ' irony'.

This was obviously aimed at me - at least come out and say it.

Why is it ironic?

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I wish folk would stop rolling out.....football has changed.

......and

everything has changed and will continue to change constantly....its dynamic.

things have changed, but equally there are things things that haven't.....principles are one.

are you suggesting we can't learn anything from history or past experience.?

No I'm not and you know that as well.

8 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

When we got Ron Saunders many wouldn't have believed what a difference he could make and what a difference a football manager that knows what they are doing can make.

We need to look for similar qualities that he had in our managerial pursuit.

0,,10265~3426259,00.jpg

I just could not agree with you more.

oh i forgot.....they don't make em like that anymore.....:D:D:D

Getting the players and system to suit each other, getting the players to fight, live and die ( footballing wise) together, knowing who needs a cuddle and who needs a kick, and motivating the group.

Those are essential, just like they were in 1981. They are qualities our best Manager brought to this Club not long after it was on its knees.

I think there are more than enough reasons to cite Ron Saunders.

A quote from Saunders "They call me Mr 110% - because that's what I ask the players to give and I urge the supporters to lend the same kind of backing to the team."

Not only did he demand it - most often he got it.

When we appoint the next manager we need to demand more. 

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Leicester are an anomaly. The fact that they could win the league doesn't change how football has evolved over the years. The margins were so much smaller back in those days. I'm not saying that we should just accept that mid-table is the highest we can ever hope for because it isn't but at the same time I don't think these Saunders comparisons are very helpful. Often it seems to me as if people are just using his name to justify a poor managerial appointment.

This was obviously aimed at me - at least come out and say it.

Why is it ironic?

No I'm not and you know that as well.

Thats what i took your comments to allude too.

If that is not the case, I accept your intention and my interpretation of your comments is clearly wrong.

My view is......We all learn from successes and failures of the past.....certain specific things are difficult to compare.....but equally there are so many that can be quite easily.

We all have our own style of making a point and due to my age mainly,i make no apology for calling on my experiences of the past.....If you want to challenge the sentiment of that,expect a defensive reaction.

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Where did I say it wasn't allowed? You also didn't answer my question.

The rules say I can't post on poster, so I kept my comment general rather than saying a particular guy said it.

32 minutes ago, Mantis said:

over 40 but we were a mid table 2nd div club when he took over so lessons can be learnt.

• Like 1