Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Shearer and Wright are two of the biggest arse holes to be so called pundits, along with Jamie redknapp. So biased it's untrue. When talking about Villa going down and the possibility of going down again Wright actually said "it's happened to bigger clubs" tosser. None bigger than your arse you fat arsed clearing in the woods.

He probably meant other big clubs.....not every person is word perfect.I' m sure the measurement of "big" was far from his mind

Try seeing the best in people and be less touchy.

blimey we could sell "hate" from villa park

• Like 1

if it's a choice only between Pearson, Carver or candle face then yes I'd choose Pearson. But one can speculate it's not so it's a choice between Pearson Monk Clement Rodgers Karanka Dyche Moyes or Robinson etc then Pearson wouldn't be anywhere near the top actually he'd be last. Simples ! 

Whoever the next manager is and while i have a picture in my head of what type he should be......with all the factors involved, i have no idea if they will turn this around

Even a free choice of the very best managers would leave me unsure.....that is the magnitude of this task.

one thing I am sure about is......despite the directors needing quality time to get this right......Our club needs this guy right now.....the club is very poorly.

Even if he is around in person and take up his post of authority in the summer, just analizing.

The relegation would then not be on his Cv and would give him time to sum up whats what, without the distraction of the day to day stuff.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

If it was left to Villa Fans to choose our club manager.

The events of 1980-81 &1981-82 would just be figment of our imagination.

On what basis are you making this judgement ? Is it based on the fact that some posters do not want Pearson? 

Winning the Euro cup in the early 80's doesn't really count for anything when searching for a manager. Nor does the name Ron Saunders it has no relevance at all. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, thabucks said:

On what basis are you making this judgement ? Is it based on the fact that some posters do not want Pearson? 

Winning the Euro cup in the early 80's doesn't really count for anything when searching for a manager. Nor does the name Ron Saunders it has no relevance at all. 

Its just my opinion.

I never mentioned Pearson and for the record.....I would be very happy with Moyes.

I just happen to think managers like Pulis and Big Sam who deliver workman like teams as did Ron are scoffed at in some quarters.....instead looking for flambouyancy over resilience.

just my take.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Richard said:

Shearer and Wright are two of the biggest arse holes to be so called pundits, along with Jamie redknapp. So biased it's untrue. When talking about Villa going down and the possibility of going down again Wright actually said "it's happened to bigger clubs" tosser. None bigger than your arse you fat arsed clearing in the woods.

We will be coming straight back up. :D 

3 hours ago, settle villa said:

What is the problem with Pearson?. Yes his personality is a bit weird but does that really matter?. It's only the media trying to wind him up. He has the best record of any candidate, including Moyes. BTW I am not saying he is my first choice but he has got Leicester promoted from 2 divisions. 

To be fair, I'd say Paul Lambert has a better CV.  A couple of promotions back to back then kept two different teams in the league three years running under tough circumstances.  Also, his team didn't go on to win the Premier League the year after he got sacked.

On 4/2/2016 at 17:18, Brumstopdogs said:

The press conferences could be a bit more interesting than those that poor old Remi did:)

God I hate the way this ***** talks. Takes a second to think of every word, incredibly thick. My favorite part was when he took like 10 seconds to come up with some superlative but could only come up with "unbelievable" :crylaugh:

2 hours ago, TRO said:

He has had the ability to build a good backroom staff once.....why can't he do it again.?

why did you not just say, i don't want him.? Instead of wasting 3 paragraphs telling someone else they are wrong for favouring him.?

Firstly I didn't say the poster was wrong, i stated an opinion that his former staff wouldn't leave Leicester. The last paragraph was a light hearted pop at his stupid press conference. 

As for wasting 3 paragraphs on stating my opinion on Pearson, maybe i should instead waste about week trying to convince peaople that Pearson isn't the tosser we all think he is. 

The guy is clearing in the woods and would be a silly devicive appointment.  

2 hours ago, TRO said:

If it was left to Villa Fans to choose our club manager.

The events of 1980-81 &1981-82 would just be figment of our imagination.

Based on what? Pearson is no Ron Saunders.