Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

1 minute ago, NoelVilla said:

Different views and opinions. Discipline is very different from management by fear; a lot of people on here have described that if we just have management by fear ala Pearson the players will start to run. I absolutely don't believe that would be the case. Fergusons early years didn't set the scene because the players changed; he didn't treat Brian McClair and Christiano Ronaldo in the same way. He learned and updated to a new mindset of players. 

He created an environment, that was clear what was expected by any incoming player and this was a continuing format.

I'm not privvy to the finite detail of how and who he treated and if that treatment varied....thats getting a bit deep ,if i may say.

I accept that some fans don't like / fancy Pearson...Its just that some of the reasons are questionable imo.

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think its hilarious that Leicester signings were made by scout and transfer committee and not Pearson but when same thing is said about Sherwood he had full power over signings

That is an epitome of the double standards that can be seen on here at times.

Edited by TRO

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think its hilarious that Leicester signings were made by scout and transfer committee and not Pearson but when same thing is said about Sherwood he had full power over signings

i don't think anyone has ever said sherwood had full power - just that he was part of a committee and had final say. But you already knew that...

Anyway if having Pearson as manager meant we got Steve Walsh and his scouting team, then that is something i could grudgingly accept. The guy can spot a player. And players and backroom staff seem to be lasting longer than managers these days.

pearson throttles a player who crashes in to him (and makes a meal of it) and is accused of being a bully.

Mon throttles one of his own players after a training session and the player is accused of being a trouble maker.

There ain't nothing like opinions.

It's not double standards at all. All that shows is a complete misunderstanding on behalf of Zatman to what has been said, which isn't particularly surprising.

Sherwod had full power over whether or not to sign a player shown to him by the committee - confirmed by himself and the board. He had full power to say no to any one of them. As in, signing a player was at his approval only. Sherwood was criticised by most for not signing players that improved the squad or fit a logical system. He made poor and illogical choices from the options available.

The same goes with Pearson. He didn't scout the player, he didn't find them, his job was to see which players ticked the boxes to fit his system. The fact that they eventually signed those players despite the fact Pearson was sacked is effectively proof that they weren't 'his'.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

pearson throttles a player who crashes in to him (and makes a meal of it) and is accused of being a bully.

Mon throttles one of his own players after a training session and the player is accused of being a trouble maker.

If that is meant to be in reference to my previous post then i haven't made any comment on MON.

FWIW, i thought MON was an prick for doing that. NRC always seemed like a decent, hardworking pro, even if he was a pretty shit footballer.

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

are you actually **** serious? watch the video again. 'crashes into him', you mean is tripped tackling albrighton and falls over into him. I'm not sure which part he is making a meal of, because he's already on the floor with Pearson's hand around his neck before he even comes to a stop. It was an absolutely **** ridiculous incident, with Pearson not letting go of McArthur's shirt as he tried to walk back onto the pitch and get on with the game.

MON was called a lot of things for having the 'contretemps' with Reo Coker, and I don't remember it ever being confirmed that there was throttling, he specifically said there were no 'fisticuffs'.

Some really odd revisionism.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, andym said:

If that is meant to be in reference to my previous post then i haven't made any comment on MON.

FWIW, i thought MON was an prick for doing that. NRC always seemed like a decent, hardworking pro, even if he was a pretty shit footballer.

Andy, i was just giving an illustration of the varying opinions.

no you didn't mention mon.

but i remember the comments around that time from others.

my point is / was slack will always be cut for popular characters.....unpopular ones can't sneeze.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, a m ole said:

are you actually **** serious? watch the video again. 'crashes into him', you mean is tripped tackling albrighton and falls over into him. I'm not sure which part he is making a meal of, because he's already on the floor with Pearson's hand around his neck before he even comes to a stop. It was an absolutely **** ridiculous incident, with Pearson not letting go of McArthur's shirt as he tried to walk back onto the pitch and get on with the game.

MON was called a lot of things for having the 'contretemps' with Reo Coker, and I don't remember it ever being confirmed that there was throttling, he specifically said there were no 'fisticuffs'.

Some really odd revisionism.

Selectivism.

it wasn't confirmed....it was covered up......as Pearsons incident would have been if the camera's were not present.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Its almost as if different people have different opinions.... shocking.:P

9 hours ago, a m ole said:

It's not double standards at all. All that shows is a complete misunderstanding on behalf of Zatman to what has been said, which isn't particularly surprising.

Sherwod had full power over whether or not to sign a player shown to him by the committee - confirmed by himself and the board. He had full power to say no to any one of them. As in, signing a player was at his approval only. Sherwood was criticised by most for not signing players that improved the squad or fit a logical system. He made poor and illogical choices from the options available.

The same goes with Pearson. He didn't scout the player, he didn't find them, his job was to see which players ticked the boxes to fit his system. The fact that they eventually signed those players despite the fact Pearson was sacked is effectively proof that they weren't 'his'.

What were the other options available to Sherwood presented by the committee? I know Sherwood was keen on Huddlestone, Cambiasso, Townsend, Lennon and Adebayor but we weren't prepared to pay for any of them

Edited by KHV

10 hours ago, TRO said:

Go and tell the United fans Alex Fergusons management was a thing of the past ....a dinosaur in his thinking.

Get a new modern thinking European manager like LVG

They may tell you you have your head up your a***

Van Gaal is about as modern as a floppy disk. 

• Like 3

Are you serious TRO? A player crashes into him AND MAKES A MEAL OF IT?

Have you even seen the incident?

It either sounds like you haven't, or you have but you're exaggerating it to suit your 'Pearson in' agenda.

http://youtu.be/vgUtiv4z33Y

• Like 2

Remember' its not a popularity parade thats up for grabs its a tough old managers job.

The England hierarchy failed .......by not employing Brian Clough......why because they hadn't got the bottle to handle his abrasive style......We need pearsons abrasive style.

We have pussy footed our way along for far too long.....its time for a tough cookie.

Nigel Pearson would coming on the back of creating or being instrumental in the building of an impressive Leicester team.....not taking anything away from Ranieri, who has equally worked wonders.

Nigel has cut his teeth around the various teams Hull, Southampton etc.

forget the shrinking violet stuff and the gentlemanly approach.....tipping your hat at everone.

Get stuck in Nige....lets get the Andy Grays back and the Des Bremners, the Dean Saunders and the Dennis Mortimers.

All this talk of not pussy footing around just seems to be because of Remi's quiet and considered manner.

Well, from what I've seen, hardly any of the rumoured candidates are quiet, thinking managers like Remi. They all seem to have a bit of bottle about them, so why Pearson?

What has Pearson done that eclipses the achievements of Moyes, or even Dyche and Bruce?

Pearson built a team and got it promoted. So have lots of others managers. Pearson is simply flavour of the month because of what Leicester are now doing without him.

Why not go for Nigel Adkins because of what he did with Southampton, and now what they're doing without him?

Would you look at Big Sam with the same affection as Pearson, because Big Sam got West Ham promoted, and built a quality side that is now pushing for a Champions League place.

Pearson is just hyped up right now, and he's seen as 'what we need' because he comes across as a hard bastard. Lots of managers are hard bastards, and they can be without throttling players or swearing at the press.

Moyes is easily the standout manager for the job. How anyone can overlook him for Pearson, and his one recent great feat of getting promotion and being involved in a relegation battle, I'll never understand.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, TRO said:

From what I could see Pearson was just letting McArthur know he is there;)

I'm all for Pearson being in the mix for the job - although saying that if Moyes is interested he would be my preferred candidate at this stage due to his overall experience.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Are you serious TRO? A player crashes into him AND MAKES A MEAL OF IT?

Have you even seen the incident?

It either sounds like you haven't, or you have but you're exaggerating it to suit your 'Pearson in' agenda.

http://youtu.be/vgUtiv4z33Y

A player crashes into him AND MAKES A MEAL OF IT :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

That is utter twaddle TRO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KHV said:

What were the other options available to Sherwood presented by the committee? I know Sherwood was keen on Huddlestone, Cambiasso, Townsend, Lennon and Adebayor but we weren't prepared to pay for any of them

I'm not privy to the list, but I can guarantee there was more to the list than who we signed or no one.